10-02-12 08:27 PM
62 123
tools
    Not with Thorstein @ the helm! more than anyone else,he has draagged RIM back from the abyss. Under his stewardship with its great OS, RIM will again be a force in smartphone/computer communication. Every Crackberry should get a BB10 and a dozen apps.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    09-29-12 08:31 PM
    Rim has enough capital to hold out three years even with blowing the bank out on the BB10 launch. If they don't make the launch nearly perfect, they WILL be in trouble for 2014 and then it will pretty much be over. Let's hope they grab some attention on their BB10 release.
    09-29-12 08:48 PM
    Nice read , I found this part interesting:"The BlackBerry 10 App World opens for applications in two weeks; includes movies, music and TV show downloads with multiple payment channels"

Is this true?

Sent from my BlackBerry device using Tapatalk
    I think it's only the BB10 App World so it's only available to dev's using Dev Alpha. Or Dev Alpha B hardware.
    09-29-12 08:54 PM
    Rim has enough capital to hold out three years even with blowing the bank out on the BB10 launch. If they don't make the launch nearly perfect, they WILL be in trouble for 2014 and then it will pretty much be over. Let's hope they grab some attention on their BB10 release.
    Fully agree, RIM has secured also $500 million line of credit. So with $2.6 Billion of cash and credit available, RIM can muddle along for a couple of years with lukewarm reception of new devices. But I think the success of BB10 will surprise the skeptics. There are alot of former BB users out there whom will give RIM a second chance.

Just wish I had picked up some shares on Monday.
    09-30-12 10:27 AM
    of course rim will fold if bb10 does not take off. the thing is that bb10 will be awesome.
    BB10 being "awesome" doesn't mean it'll be widely adopted.

Good products (or even the best products) don't always survive.
    mark37724 likes this.
    09-30-12 11:09 AM
    I read this last year, they made the same prediction. and where is RIM? still operating like champions, innovating like heroes. and making us wait like the military does.
    You call thousands of employees being laid off operating like champs.
    09-30-12 11:31 AM
    Don't know about everyone else.but I will standing at the door when BB10 comes out and I pass the word to who ever will listen.
    09-30-12 11:33 AM
    Don't know about everyone else.but I will standing at the door when BB10 comes out and I pass the word to who ever will listen.
    You could just wait in your car until they open. It's not like there will be a long line except for people paying bills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-30-12 11:37 AM
    I waited in line for a 64GB, full priced Playbook. We won't be fooled again.

As we say with Microsoft, wait for SP1.
    09-30-12 12:04 PM
    It will all boil down to if RIM can produce the popular subscription based media services on it's new O.S....
    ...That Apple, Droid & Windows Phone enjoy.

The fact of the matter is that iphones helped sell ipads big time!
    ...The same goes in reverse of that, big time.

Blackberry already has Droid and windows defeated by the quality RIM buids into their devices....
    ...I would also say RIM products look better - , they even look good powered off!
    ...It all boils down to "functionality".

Is the product "functional" for what the majority of people interested in the product want to do with it!
    ...Like many here I don't use my iphone to watch movies but this isn't at all the issue.
    ...The OS on the iphone and Droid does allow you to!

Therefore WHEN someone buys an iphone and just screwing around realizes they can watch Netflix on it...
    ...They head off to the Apple store and buy an F'ing ipad!
    ...That's how it works!

RIM can come back in a huge way - they absolutely have a hot O.S. and the U.I. is second to none on any device I looked at....
    ...RIM just needs the FUNCTAIONALITY that people are demanding.
    ...That's it! RIM already wins in every other category.

That means Skype and Netflix need to be up and running on the Playbook and BB10 at release!
    ...Short of that happening RIM will have a very tough time of it!
    09-30-12 12:18 PM
    You call thousands of employees being laid off operating like champs.
    Depends. If operating like champs means huge profits for investors, like another company, then perhaps yes. It could also be getting rid of dead weight that can't help with the changes.
    09-30-12 12:24 PM
    With Thor at the helm we are in good hands. They are already showing what they will be delivering. Changing the game which is what this business is all about. Look at iOS, its a stale OS, it needs to reinvent itself much like RIM has had to do.

They will be trying to copy what RIM is doing, I have no doubt. QNX is starting really flex its muscle. Its all about the OS.
    IMO, most people don't care about the OS.

They care if a platform offers the apps that they want.

They care if a platform offers media streaming and storage.

Most people want something that is east to use.

It is not all about the OS.
    09-30-12 01:15 PM
    They already have died, however, BB10 is the sign of a rebirth.
    They should call the first BB10 Phone the "phoenix" rising from the ashes.
    Balti43 likes this.
    09-30-12 08:38 PM

I agree. They need to have the apps the other two brands have at launch, not because I want them too, because they HAVE to! To be a serious alternative in today's consumer Market, they cannot say it will be coming SOON, or not having apps that people want at all. And not to forget: RIM, DO SOME SERIOUS ADVERTISING FOR A CHANGE!!
    09-30-12 09:05 PM
    Those who own BB and love the keyboard are waiting to upgrade. These people are not easily manipulated by the paid media shill. It's funny how all the media reporters and analysts on tv all have BB from BNN to CNBC and yet they talk RIM down (paid to lie shills). People who are in business from trades to running a store use BB. Those that do use BB and those who don't are IMO puppets of propaganda. Millions of BB10 phones are going to sell like hot cakes and from there it will spread via word of mouth. You also have to pay off the mafia media with ad dollars which should limit the shills from bashing. Make no mistake apple pays off the media with large dollars. Any other company that would put out an old and outdated product with battery issues , scratches , yellow/purple tint and lines , garbage map with many more problems would be crushed with an honest unbiased press.
    ralfyguy likes this.
    09-30-12 09:59 PM
    insert picture of tin foil hat here lol
    richardat likes this.
    09-30-12 10:19 PM
    Those who own BB and love the keyboard are waiting to upgrade. These people are not easily manipulated by the paid media shill. It's funny how all the media reporters and analysts on tv all have BB from BNN to CNBC and yet they talk RIM down (paid to lie shills). People who are in business from trades to running a store use BB. Those that do use BB and those who don't are IMO puppets of propaganda. Millions of BB10 phones are going to sell like hot cakes and from there it will spread via word of mouth. You also have to pay off the mafia media with ad dollars which should limit the shills from bashing. Make no mistake apple pays off the media with large dollars. Any other company that would put out an old and outdated product with battery issues , scratches , yellow/purple tint and lines , garbage map with many more problems would be crushed with an honest unbiased press.
    I guess we will just ignore the sudden restart of blackberry's the everlasting loading black square, the days long bbm outages. The completely faulty rushed storm series. I mean RIMs mistakes go on and on and on. Lets not play the oh Apple is terrible and RIM is just amazing card. Save it.

09-30-12 10:22 PM
    Make no mistake apple pays off the media with large dollars.
    Internet Outage Forces Public Into Street To Voice Their Inane Opinions | Onion News Network
    09-30-12 10:58 PM
    Again? How many times can they die?
    As many as they have JR1s ?

(homework)
    Attached Thumbnails [SPECULATION] RIM 1 of likely companies to fold next year-secondlife.jpg  
    sleepngbear likes this.
    10-01-12 02:49 AM
    BB10 being "awesome" doesn't mean it'll be widely adopted.

Good products (or even the best products) don't always survive.
    I got the impression that this is what bitek already essentially said:

of course rim will fold if bb10 does not take off. the thing is that bb10 will be awesome.
    10-01-12 07:54 AM
    I guess we will just ignore the sudden restart of blackberry's the everlasting loading black square, the days long bbm outages. The completely faulty rushed storm series. I mean RIMs mistakes go on and on and on. Lets not play the oh Apple is terrible and RIM is just amazing card. Save it.

Yes, of course, because all these things are all that RIM has ever brought to the table.

How about we start a little list of Apple's and Microsoft's missteps along the way and predict their respective futures exclusively on those. Or IBM. Or Google. Or Dell. Or Coca Cola. Or Campbell's Soup. Or any company you want to name.

SMH.
    Prince_Poppycock likes this.
    10-01-12 09:07 AM
    How about we start a little list of Apple's and Microsoft's missteps along the way and predict their respective futures exclusively on those. Or IBM. Or Google. Or Dell. Or Coca Cola. Or Campbell's Soup. Or any company you want to name.
    How about we avoid predictions altogether, and just stick to what's actually happening right now? Certainty is a friend of rational argument.
    10-01-12 09:41 AM
    Yes, of course, because all these things are all that RIM has ever brought to the table.

SMH.
    No news here. Nothing more to discuss.
    10-01-12 10:02 AM

It goes without saying you need a complete ecosystem. The fluidity of the OS enables this experience to be more pleasurable and efficient! For want of a better word...the Wow factor, which creates the buzz which in turn creates sales.

Show me another mobile computing platform that can outperform QNX. There isn't one.
    10-01-12 12:23 PM
    But it isn't available for 6 months! Has everyone forgotten that?
    Two more brutal quarters. Two more quarters with no new products.

BTW - I don't believe that RIM will fail. And I don't want them to. They just have a VERY long recovery in front of them, and one quarter that wasn't as terrible as predicted - yet still awful - isn't quite a success.
    How do you know that? If the first phone launches in early/mid January that's Less than 4 months, Not 6.

And RIM did add 2 Million additional BlackBerry users and added Over 100 Million dollars to their cash reserves.
    10-01-12 12:29 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";