Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree33Likes
    CrackBerry Abuser

I still find his tweets credible, maybe the netflix was one bad thing he got. You know what he said he got the .bar file, he may have even been duped by his own source.
    I don't care the rest of the tweets are credible and often inspirational for the blackberry crowd. Netflix is one app, who uses netflix anyways, I bet only a small amount of people will use it. I don't even use my account, whatever im so pumped for a new Playbook on Jan 30th. I would love to see 10", then my BB family would grow a little bigger
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,420 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jakie55 View Post
    A new playbook may well be in the offing. But remember the usual cycle of BB launches are in the fall, if I remember correctly.
    The original PlayBook launched in April. 2 year anniversary is just around the corner.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    498 Global Posts

I'm Blackberryscoop so is my neighbor
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    873 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jakie55 View Post
    A new playbook may well be in the offing. But remember the usual cycle of BB launches are in the fall, if I remember correctly.
    Yes, and the delays are in january.
    JeepBB likes this.

Global Posts
    23,370 Global Posts
    PIN
    24DA0A39

Quote Originally Posted by mrmartis View Post
    I still find his tweets credible, maybe the netflix was one bad thing he got. You know what he said he got the .bar file, he may have even been duped by his own source.
    I don't care the rest of the tweets are credible and often inspirational for the blackberry crowd. Netflix is one app, who uses netflix anyways, I bet only a small amount of people will use it. I don't even use my account, whatever im so pumped for a new Playbook on Jan 30th. I would love to see 10", then my BB family would grow a little bigger
    credible because its all basic info that is already known. The only thing so far that was not known he got caught on. The whole thing is a sham that everyone is falling for.
    ~Matt
    Nexus 5, Z10 LE, White Lumia 521, 32GB Nook HD+ & 16GB PB...
    @howarmat
    AVPTI, Ben1232 and Toodeurep like this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Jtaylor1986 View Post
    Very ambiguous and questionable as the z10 and x10 will have different specs no? Also screen size is a spec and it won't be 4.2
    I think you can forgive somebody on twitter saying same specs when they actually mean same internal specs, although I would tend to think this is just another work of fiction that is plausible enough since it would be more or less correct if they did release a new tablet this year.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by mrmartis View Post
    The majority of the "scoops" on that account are merely collecting rumours from other sites or posting things that seem plausible enough to be true but happening far enough off that people would forget them anyway.
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Available upon request.

Quote Originally Posted by howarmat View Post
    credible because its all basic info that is already known. The only thing so far that was not known he got caught on. The whole thing is a sham that everyone is falling for.
    YES!

Thank you!
    XoXoXo
    CrackBerry Master

Default [Speculation] New Playbook On Its Way

I believe the twitter ghost as much as pissing in the wind.
    jegs2 likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    873 Global Posts

I think he gets all his rumours from here.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,465 Global Posts
    PIN
    Proud contributer to The Human Fund

Default Re: [Speculation] New Playbook On Its Way

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbuck View Post
    ...I spoke to someone who just got laid off from RIM a few months ago and he said he'd seen a phablet before he left, too. Whether this is in the pipeline for sales or not is anyone's guess.
    The "Aristo" would be considered a phablet based on its leaked specs.

As for BlackBerryScoop, is just some dude rehashing info in an attempt to gain "fame". I consider him as credible as the Mayans were at predictions..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    "Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all." -Sam Ewing
    Rollin' on Twitter
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,194 Global Posts
    PIN
    Wooden Shoe Like to Know;)

Quote Originally Posted by Rickroller View Post
    I consider him as credible as the Mayans were at predictions.
    The Mayans were actually great at predictions if there is such a thing, math and astronomy too. The weirdos that tried to tie the cycles of the Mayan calendar starting over to the end of the world would be the ones I don't trust.

Along with blackberryscoop.
    Nothing is so common as is the goal to be remarkable
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    2973C0E8
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #63  

All I can say is that we can all have a good time and enjoy the rumors but take them with a grain of salt..........or maybe a truck load of salt considering the amount of rumors going around.
    CrackBerry Master

Thorsten said there will be multiple devices shown on Jan 30th..I am just guessing that this rumor might be true.

The Engadget Interview: RIM CEO Thorsten Heins on BlackBerry 10, QWERTY keyboards and changing cultures (video)
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,194 Global Posts
    PIN
    Wooden Shoe Like to Know;)

Default [Speculation] New Playbook On Its Way

The word Thors10 used was "products". I don't want to nit pick your choice of words but I think it is important to be clear there. Should be at the 10:50 minute mark.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Toodeurep; 01-01-2013 at 08:28 AM. Reason: Was off by 50 seconds.
    Nothing is so common as is the goal to be remarkable
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    1,291 Global Posts

Default Re: [Speculation] New Playbook On Its Way

Quote Originally Posted by kbeard26 View Post
    I would hate to be Debbie Downer but I wish RIM would focus 100% on BlackBerry 10 phones at this point of the time line instead of putting more money into a PlayBook. IMO the PlayBook failed! Even with my PlayBook being able to install a few android apps( a yr later) but none are the apps I want! No instagram, no skype,etc.
    If RIM can only focus on smartphones, when they need to be focused on both tablet and smartphone markets to stay competitive, then they will fail. For the reason the below qtd text says.

Quote Originally Posted by omniusovermind View Post
    That all depends on how many newer apps will require heftier specs. Brand new beefy hi-def games designed to take advantage of features found on newer hardware will. Regular little apps won't.

Blackberryscoop could easily authenticate his identity here by repeating a PM sent here on his twitter account by the way

Early next year doesn't cut it for me, unless they mean no later than March, and tell us a formal tablet launch date ON Jan 30th. See, I'm not actually going to commit to a phone contract with a z10 unless I know for certain when I will be able to use a bb10 tablet.

If they do not do this, that will make blackberry the only company who can't deliver me both a smartphone and tablet running the latest OS. If they don't do it because they are actually unable to do it.... Well that's not exactly encouraging either.
    I totally agree. They need a tablet by March 2013 and I think RIM knows this. That might be why they delayed the launch of BB10 so they can do this the Apple way and announce a product, then release within a month. That is what RIM needs.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by fallax View Post
    If RIM can only focus on smartphones, when they need to be focused on both tablet and smartphone markets to stay competitive, then they will fail. For the reason the below qtd text says.

I totally agree. They need a tablet by March 2013 and I think RIM knows this. That might be why they delayed the launch of BB10 so they can do this the Apple way and announce a product, then release within a month. That is what RIM needs.
    No, they need to be focused on building a userbase of bb10 large enough for them to survive as a company and in the short to medium term that means a focus on phones, first the l-series, then the qwerty and then after that a cheaper model that will allow them to increase volumes faster, a new tablet is simply not a priority for them right now and given buying habits they are probably looking at next Xmas for that.

The idea that they need a tablet by such an early date is laughable and the reason why the bb10 launch was pushed back was due to the software not being in a position they were happy with when they know that a good impression at launch was vital to them even though it meant missing out on this Xmas.
    CairnsRock likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Please ask

I thought that the current PlayBook would receive a software update to BB10.

Afterall, PB OS is built in QNX as is BB10 - it figures to me that a software update on the current device will be more than plausible.
    J
    ....keep the beat....
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by stick_slinger View Post
    I thought that the current PlayBook would receive a software update to BB10.

Afterall, PB OS is built in QNX as is BB10 - it figures to me that a software update on the current device will be more than plausible.
    They have confirmed that it will be coming, we just don't know when with some having the forlorn and soon to be dashed hope that it will be announced as coming soon after jan 30th.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123