- 12-27-12, 04:42 AM #26Nothing is so common as is the goal to be remarkable
- 12-27-12, 05:44 AM #27
The BB10 handsets will have 2GB RAM. So either BB10 needs 2GB, or RIM are being very generous in over-spec'ing. Whether BB10 will run "effectively" in the 1GB RAM the PB has... I don't know.
Actually, I'm sure BB10 will run on a 1GB PB. Just as (according to the specs) the Windows OS I bought could run on a 512MB PC. Which it did, like a donkey with no legs!
Last edited by JeepBB; 12-27-12 at 06:04 AM.Proud Member of the PlayBook Beta Test Team (Since June 2011)
- 12-27-12, 07:28 AM #28
Actually, I'm sure BB10 will run on a 1GB PB. Just as (according to the specs) the Windows OS I bought could run on a 512MB PC. Which it did, like a donkey with no legs!--------------------------------
The race is on for president of the "everything is awful, in every way, all the time, under every circumstance, no matter what!" crowd. Who will win in the end?
- 12-27-12, 08:07 AM #29
Like I said, Windows ran great in 512MB... you just couldn't run anything else except the OS without it all grinding to a halt!
I guess we'll know more in a month.Proud Member of the PlayBook Beta Test Team (Since June 2011)
- 12-27-12, 01:15 PM #30Sent from my NEW PASSPORT
or a soon to be BB10 PlayBook
- BlackBerry Curve 8530 (Virgin Mobile) - BlackBerry Bold 9900 (T-Mobile) - BlackBerry PlayBook 64 gig - BlackBerry Z10 (T-Mobile) - BlackBerry Z30 WHITE (Unlocked) - Blackberry Passport (Unlocked)
- 12-27-12, 10:22 PM #34
- 12-27-12, 10:28 PM #35XoXoXo
- 12-27-12, 10:51 PM #37
[Speculation] New Playbook On Its Way
Apparently the Netflix app BlackBerryscoop posted on twitter was proven to be photo shopped.
How can anyone believe anything coming from that twitter account now?
Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using TapatalkI waited...It launched...Im still waiting...
- CrackBerry Master
12-28-12, 04:32 AM #39
- 1,057 Posts
Last edited by Vector-SS; 12-28-12 at 09:18 AM.
- 12-28-12, 05:06 AM #40
The HDMI out on the existing playbook is 1080P, if they come out with a 10 inch model I think it should be 1080P (1920×1080) display to match HDMI out
- CrackBerry Genius
12-28-12, 05:28 AM #41
- 1,675 Posts
well whether we believe him or not, whether hes real or a phoney... i think it is safe to assume that a new playbook will be on its way im sure!!! if BB10 is succesful... then a newer higher spec pb should be on its way... and hopefully with a 7 inch as well a *surprise* 10 inch?... i really hope so, i would love this... i use my pb for almost everything now!!! although ive gotta kick my addiciton for jetpack joyride... its ruining my life... or its completely justified by saying its making jan 30th come quicker by occupying my time
- 12-28-12, 09:19 AM #42
1) Why - current PlayBook is being giving away to clear out dead stock. Manager at the Office Depot where I picked up my $150 64GB PlayBook last month, said it had been in stock for 8 Months. That is a long time for a Retail Store to hold something.
2) RIM has no choice, many companies need larger mobile devices for their employes, if RIM doesn't have a tablet then those customers will have to buy another platforms tablet, and this might lead to them buying phones that use that platform also.
RIM is in a catch 22 situation, don't think they see a Tablet as a good investment right now, but they basically have no choice but have one in their lineup. So I would expect RIM to announce a new Tablet along with BB10, but I think they will do it quietly.
- 12-28-12, 10:51 AM #43
This isn't speculation, it's fact. A very long time ago RIM was already working on a 10" PlayBook which got shelved temporarily due to all the issues that company ran into (including the flop PlayBook launch itself).
A new model running BB10 is definitely in the works and so is the 10" model I just don't know when they're expected to arrive. In case you've all forgotten, RIM has done nothing but continue to say that they're committed to the tablet market.
- 12-28-12, 12:52 PM #45
Personally, I'd love to see a 1.7GHz OMAP 4470 and 2GB RAM on a Playbook. Especially since they'll ALL run better on BB10.
PS: for those concerned about BBScoop's credibility on the forums here, note that they didn't post this here; OP just quoted one of the tweets. And I find his/her tweets have been very credible so far.
- 12-28-12, 12:54 PM #46
- 12-28-12, 01:11 PM #47
Good point for a 10" tablet going 1080p.
Most of BlackBerryScoop tweets are well-thought out and logical guesses.
Anyone can say RIM is planning on a new tablet, doesn't take an insider to think that.XoXoXo
- CrackBerry Abuser
12-28-12, 01:24 PM #48
- 493 Posts
[Speculation] New Playbook On Its Way
If you notice, they never refer to BB10 as a smartphone OS. They have been calling it a mobile computing platform. So it goes without saying there will be more than just the phones.
Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
- 12-28-12, 03:25 PM #50
A new playbook may well be in the offing. But remember the usual cycle of BB launches are in the fall, if I remember correctly.Q 10 and Z30 for the win!
updated to official 10.3.1
Playbook 64 gb wifi retired
Galaxy tab4 5.0 given to me free
- By justwar2010 in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 6Last Post: 01-22-12, 06:53 PM
- By grex18 in forum BlackBerry Torch 9800Replies: 15Last Post: 12-03-10, 10:38 AM
- By JeffreyVB in forum BlackBerry Curve 8900Replies: 7Last Post: 07-08-09, 09:26 AM
- By jbachandouris in forum Storm Rants & Raves ForumReplies: 10Last Post: 01-14-09, 05:31 AM
- By jbachandouris in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 3Last Post: 01-13-09, 07:18 PM