Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,803 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default [speculation] bold 9900 refresh is coming.

http://n4bb.com/exclusive-blackberry-bold-9900-refresh-works Refresh Already in the Works
    Published on October 4th, 2011
    Written by: Lucas Atkins
    Back

We’ve received word from one of our sources that Research In Motion is already working on a refresh for the BlackBerry Bold 9900. The reason for the refresh isn’t entirely clear just yet. However, our source tells us that the Bold 9900 refresh will only be for internal components and the form factor shouldn’t change.

Prior to the Bold 9900′s launch, we exclusively told you the reason the Bold 9900 was delayed was due to faulty circuit boards. Perhaps RIM is addressing this issue as well as adding auto-focus to the camera? Or, maybe the refresh is for an AT&T pushed change? That’s all we know for now. Keep it locked to N4BB while we gain more information as this story develops!

Let us know in the comments what you think RIM could be ‘refreshing’. What internal components are they adding or fixing? What could they possibly be changing in an already near perfect device? Sound off N4BB community.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Global Posts
    10,466 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me.

They'll call it the 9900S

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
    O.G.

Global Posts
    12,347 Global Posts

Well that was quick.
    Banned

Global Posts
    17,456 Global Posts

Does that include a 9930 refresh?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    164 Global Posts

I hope it is an auto focus on the camera. That is a big deal for me.

Any shot of LTE?

CrackBerry Abuser

If this isn't a bad joke (it has to be )

I would really be angry if they release a better version of my 550 € 9900 after such a short period.

I love the 9900 - best qwert(z)y keyboard phone ever (I used) but I missing a few things.

Battery life (1600+ mAh like Samsung) would be nice as it happends that I'm running uncomfortable low and the end of the day. A pluss of 20-30% would be enough to get 99,9% over the day and on "lazy" days it could run two workdays.

wireless hotspot function (for my Laptop )

flash Browser - don't like it but as it is still needed -> I think pratically.

Apps Apps Apps - I was afraid that OS7 could be the biggest problem or more the possibility of extreme poor support from the developer and companies (like Starbucks app or for me a carrier app (only for Android/IPhone...) )

Quote Originally Posted by boldkeyboardholic View Post

I would really be angry if they release a better version of my 550 € 9900 after such a short period.

I love the 9900 - best qwert(z)y keyboard phone ever (I used) but I missing a few things.

Battery life (1600+ mAh like Samsung) would be nice as it happends that I'm running uncomfortable low and the end of the day. A pluss of 20-30% would be enough to get 99,9% over the day and on "lazy" days it could run two workdays.

Apps Apps Apps - I was afraid that OS7 could be the biggest problem or more the possibility of extreme poor support from the developer and companies (like Starbucks app or for me a carrier app (only for Android/IPhone...) )
    just a software upgrade to fix some minor bugs i imagine ...anyway .. that's great! .. the Bold 9900 experience only gets better!!!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,989 Global Posts
    PIN
    pin is a small and pointy object...so it's really not for little ones.

Quote Originally Posted by boldkeyboardholic View Post

Wireless hotspot is already there. It only need an OS update to enable the feature. The antenna is there with the chip.
    Pearl™ 8130 > Bold™ 9700 (Unlocked) > Bold™ 9900 (Unlocked)
    One step forward, two steps backwards; the Research in (slow) Motion.
    WWW: My Site | Geek Community
    Find my posts useful? Please let me know by clicking Thanks
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    612 Global Posts

It would be great if they added a legitimate camera.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    261 Global Posts

My wishlist: Auto-focus camera, better battery life, dual-core CPU, more RAM, and BBX support. The last one being the most important.
    vrs626 and Guatiao like this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Bold 9900S
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    874 Global Posts
    PIN
    You can ask

9900X

That be great if this (rumored) phone would be able to upgrade to BBX. however, I d be pretty pissed off with my 9900 in hand if this would happen given that the thing cost 599 Euros (800 USD) (no possibilities to have things on contract here in belgium)....

For the battery, I am sure seidio will come up with a JM1 with greater capacity
    8900-9700-9780-9900

The Bold 9900 is a brilliant phone!! ... the flagship product and is selling extremely well everywhere ... no regrets....

Enjoy and don't worry!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    874 Global Posts
    PIN
    You can ask

Quote Originally Posted by world traveler and former ceo View Post
    The Bold 9900 is a brilliant phone!! ... the flagship product and is selling extremely well everywhere ... no regrets....

Enjoy and don't worry!

I agree but still, it would be dissapointing getting a brand new device for such a price and seeing a refresh come only a month after the official release of the device.

That said, I could not be more happier with this BB

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    8900-9700-9780-9900
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    143 Global Posts

Doesn't it seem inevitable a 99xx 'like' phone that is capable of running BBX will eventually be available. Not sure how this could be classified as a "refresh".

Quote Originally Posted by kojita View Post
    I agree but still, it would be dissapointing getting a brand new device for such a price and seeing a refresh come only a month after the official release of the device.

That said, I could not be more happier with this BB

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    What's to be disappointed about? ... they are adding to the Bold 9900 experience, by continuously improving, over time, the end product, via software upgrades and new functionality that becomes available .... its all free ... all at no cost to you!!

.... win win ...
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    164 Global Posts

add a dual-core and ram and you have a phone that is upgradable to BBX.

Retired CrackBerry Ambassador

Global Posts
    18,900 Global Posts
    PIN
    nahhhhh.....

Tech is old the instant it reaches your hand. The latest and greatest is only so for a short time.
    The refresh may be software, in which case it's a win-win.
    If it's hardware....those of you with your 9900s consider yourselves lucky....I'm still waiting for mine!!!!
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and good with ketchup
    "When debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser" - Socrates
    iMore Ambassador
    Elite1 likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    719 Global Posts

I think they are adding dual core to be able to run BBX (#nx), and a front facing camera probably auto focus too. But it would be dual core
    I hope they add a larget battery

Anyway I was gonna buy the 9900 now I won't till after devcon to see the 9900 refresh

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    844 Global Posts

maybe its just a version of the 9900 without NFC, so stupid AT&T will release it.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    943 Global Posts

This has to be just a rumor.
    CrackBerry Genius

This is almost certainly the usual blogger fault of mashing up a few things into one rumour and drawing a faulty conclusion from their mistake.

Rim will have gone through a lengthy certification process and they are not going to want to do that for another device unless it will add to their sales which wouldn't be the case with a 9900 refresh. What is probably happening is that they are reporting on manufacturing improvements that will improve yields in the factories as they strive to keep up with demand combined with the software update that is going to add things like mobile hotspot later in the year.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,987 Global Posts

Probably the ATT version with hardware revisions. :/

CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    Optional, but not needed.

There MIGHT be a refresh. If there is, good. it's likely going to have better specs, likely a bigger capacity battery too. I hope.

Good News! ... improvements always welcome!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast