Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default [Speculation] Bell likely to be first to launch BB10

So I had started a thread a while ago about Bell wanting some sort of exclusivity with the launch of BB10. What the exclusivity would be I have no idea and it is not likely to be having the exclusivity of being the only seller in Canada. Most likely to be some sort of exclusivity with colour or storage capacity.

Well in the video that was uploaded today from BB, we clearly see that Bell is the carrier that being used. (Pause the video at 37 seconds and look at the top right hand corner where it says Bell).

Fun with BlackBerry 10: BlackBerry Flow in Action - YouTube

So do you guys still think Bell will get some sort of exclusivity, likely in colour or storage (which won't be a problem since BB L-Series will have micro-sd).

Global Posts
    6,484 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B6927F7

Well, if RIM has a "home carrier" it's Bell Canada. There's a lot of back-and-forth between the two.
    CrackBerry Master

Rogers has been promoting that they are first in Canada for most things.

I don't care who gets it first as long as it gets here soon
    CrackBerry Genius

All the candian carriers tend to be some of the first, they are important enough to be in the first wave of carriers and seem to have a shorter approval process than other networks such as the ones in the states.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,868 Global Posts

That screenshot means nothing. Just shows that the phone is connected to the Bell network. Not necessarily that the phone is Bell branded. I could connect up my dev alpha to rogers and show a screen shot of it showing Rogers (I think), but it would also mean nothing.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    477 Global Posts

I have no doubt Rogers will have it as soon as Bell does. If Bell wants exclusivity in purple or something.......whatever.
    Remember to RTFM.

Easiest explanation for this is that most leaked photos/demo videos featured Bell as Bell had their LTE network lit up in Waterloo ahead of Rogers. You'd want to test an LTE device on an LTE network, right? I know a handful of employees who were constantly asking me when Rogers' LTE would be lit up in Waterloo so they could get off Bell's "crappy" LTE.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    864 Global Posts

Rogers and RIM always had a very very very close relationship... Rogers was the first with Blackberry, RIM supplies Rogers with a large warehouse of replacement units (thats why Rogers is the only provider in canada that swaps devices), Rogers has/had it's own dedicated Blackberry tech support with 4 big centers across canada, RIm employee all have rogers as a provider, Rogers BB tech had more tools provider by RIM blah blah blah.... curious if RIM and Rogers got some bad blood in the last bit :s just last year Rogers completely pulled all the Blackberry tech centers and converted them to overall smartphone tech.