Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default so the Bold Touch was announced but where's the BB Touch?

Is it going to be announced at bbworld or delayed? The bold looks pretty sweet for all the "typical" BB users but what about us folks that like to touch screens only and not buttons? And man that OS7 looks smooth and kicka$$ so far. I'm sooo excited(and I think I like it). Lol.
    My first born arrived into this world on Wednesday and I need a nice phone to show her off to people. So far all I've gotten is "oh my god she's so cute but what is that old phone your using" followed by me hanging my head and saying "its a storm" followed by laughter and pointing.....so much riducule.... Haha.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,782 Global Posts
    PIN
    g Pong balls!? I thought you said, "King Kong's Balls!"

BBW hasn't even kicked off. They made a ton of announcements yesterday but I think they want to space them out. Since they have 4 devices they may do 1 a day. Yesterday was the BB bold touch. Maybe today they drop the Monaco/BB Touch.

If they announce 1 device they need to just start tweeting #losing.

CrackBerry Addict

Rumor was only one phone was being announced. Don't know if that's true or not.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,234 Global Posts

lazaridis is supposed to be kicking off the conference with the general session keynote right now. why no live blog?

EDIT: and on cue i refresh the main page and there it is lol
    Banned

Global Posts
    6,600 Global Posts
    PIN
    Not - NO!

Only ONE PHONE!

Other will be announced in the next few months when they are closer to delivering it. The is RIM
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    PIN

I am just one person, but I think with this big of a show, and the lackluster past year, they have to announce more than one phone. I don’t think I'm the only one that’s had the first week in May circled on my calendar for a long time.

I am ready to upgrade my contract, and with nothing to upgrade to I think I will be forced to defect.
    If you've gotta ask, then you're not nearly obsessed enough.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,999 Global Posts

While I would love to hear an official BB Touch announcement, if its not coming out until fall, probably not a good idea to announce it this early. Although, I have no idea when the Bold Touch is even coming out.... lol
    Lumia 1020/1520 - WP 8.1
    Nexus 7 (2013) - 4.4.4
    32GB Playbook - OS 2.1
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    943 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Altimate_One View Post
    I am just one person, but I think with this big of a show, and the lackluster past year, they have to announce more than one phone. I donít think I'm the only one thatís had the first week in May circled on my calendar for a long time.

I am ready to upgrade my contract, and with nothing to upgrade to I think I will be forced to defect.
    The Bold Touch is a pretty exciting device.......

Quote Originally Posted by Blacklac View Post
    While I would love to hear an official BB Touch announcement, if its not coming out until fall, probably not a good idea to announce it this early. Although, I have no idea when the Bold Touch is even coming out.... lol
    How do we know it's not coming out until the fall, I thought all phones were launching by end of 2011
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,957 Global Posts
    PIN
    Temporarily sans BB

Quote Originally Posted by Altimate_One View Post
    I am just one person, but I think with this big of a show, and the lackluster past year, they have to announce more than one phone. I don’t think I'm the only one that’s had the first week in May circled on my calendar for a long time.
    I would tend to disagree. With the QNX devices estimated to be released sometime in 2012, RIM needs to keep people interested. They'd do better to continuously roll out announcements and string them out for as long as they can. Announce too much right out of the gate and they'd have nearly a full year without anything else to show, resulting in yet another lackluster year as perceived by the industry. Imagine the beating RIM would take in the media if that were to happen.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,999 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RollingRock1988 View Post
    The Bold Touch is a pretty exciting device.......

How do we know it's not coming out until the fall, I thought all phones were launching by end of 2011
    Pure assumption on my part based on previous release dates. I have no idea. I truly hope the BB Touch is soon!

CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by JWWDUKE View Post
    Is it going to be announced at bbworld or delayed? The bold looks pretty sweet for all the "typical" BB users but what about us folks that like to touch screens only and not buttons? And man that OS7 looks smooth and kicka$$ so far. I'm sooo excited(and I think I like it). Lol.
    My first born arrived into this world on Wednesday and I need a nice phone to show her off to people. So far all I've gotten is "oh my god she's so cute but what is that old phone your using" followed by me hanging my head and saying "its a storm" followed by laughter and pointing.....so much riducule.... Haha.

My Friend, I feel your pain and suffering. As a Tour User (2 years and still going Strong! Same PIN!) I know the feeling of someone attempting to ridicule Me because of my phone. I too and excited for this new phone, and I want a Bold 9930 that I'm constantly thinking about it.

However, dissidents will always try to ruin my view of BlackBerry. It is sad, because I can always find someone who has an issue with BlackBerry, and they've got no real reason to try and ruin my personal view of BlackBerry.

CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

Well we all know that RIM has been Glacial with their product updates but if they only announce one phone for all of BBW then their fate is sealed with me. There are a couple of phones available right now that would make me happy but I've been holding out.

Oh what am I saying, I'm a BB man and could never use an android phone. I'm sorry RIM, I didn't mean it. I was angry, that's all.....

I am just so excited to use a fast, snappy, lag free, fast browsing, crisp screened, jazzy looking, touchscreen BB that it makes me a little crazy in the head....
    Banned

Global Posts
    6,600 Global Posts
    PIN
    Not - NO!

This is always the way RIM has been.

Glacial? I like that!
    CrackBerry User

They should unveil at least one more..maybe the new Curve and Curve Touch? Save the "Blackberry Touch" (it isn't the storm3?) for a later time, since that'll probably be like their new "flagship" model.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by JWWDUKE View Post
    Well we all know that RIM has been Glacial with their product updates but if they only announce one phone for all of BBW then their fate is sealed with me. There are a couple of phones available right now that would make me happy but I've been holding out.

Oh what am I saying, I'm a BB man and could never use an android phone. I'm sorry RIM, I didn't mean it. I was angry, that's all.....

I am just so excited to use a fast, snappy, lag free, fast browsing, crisp screened, jazzy looking, touchscreen BB that it makes me a little crazy in the head....
    Hahahaha! You sound as if you are in an abusive relationship with RIM. And I'm not sure how I feel about that. But that's hilarious. You should RIM's new head of Marketing.

I nominate you to take the position, effective immediately.

CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    330404E9

Maybe Kevin can clue us in on what exactly the deal is with the BlackBerry Touch... *anxious*
    Amateur Hour is Over.
    The world's first professional-grade tablet
    -||BlackBerry PlayBook||-
    OS 2.0.1.358
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #17  

Yes kevy, hook us up with some dets.....