Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 203
Like Tree195Likes
  1. 40blind40's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    440 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Snap2Chat Pro taken out of BlackBerry World

    Snapchat has filed a complaint and snap2 chat has been removed from BlackBerry
    World. Snap lite is still available. Source's n4bb

    Posted via CB10
  2. fsecure's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    60 Posts
    #2  

    Default

    Does that mean they are going to make native version for BlackBerry??

    Posted via CB10
  3. 40blind40's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    440 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

    Default

    Probably not,they don't want him charging for the app, that's why the lite version is still available .

    I read an article about Nemory Studios, he is quite the success with over a million downloads of his apps on BlackBerry World. With success comes attention, unfortunately it got Snapchats attention.

    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by 40blind40; 08-15-2014 at 11:10 PM.
  4. Dave Bourque's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    7,616 Posts
    #4  

    Default

    He needs to convert the lite version to the full version and leave it free.

    Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    Thanked by 2:
    dibbis (08-16-2014),  ndeep13 (09-30-2014) 
  5. #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Bourque View Post
    He needs to convert the lite version to the full version and leave it free.

    Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    Official snap2chat - Native snapchat Client for BlackBerry 10 Beta Thread
    ~Matt
    OnePlus One, Nexus 5, Z10 LE, White Lumia 521, 32GB Nook HD+ & 16GB PB, 32 GB Dell Venue 8 Pro
    @howarmat
  6. MrGabriel's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    401 Posts
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    #6  

    Default

    Damn! I should have downloaded it when I had the chance!

    Posted via CB10
  7. NemOry's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,761 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,767 Global Posts
    #7  

    Default

    Hi there,

    We are very sorry that you can?t download Snap2Chat Pro in BBWorld at the moment because SnapChat pulled it the store recently but we?re trying our best to put it back and don?t worry because you will always can get and NO NEED TO PAY AGAIN.

    The name will be renamed to SnapShot and will be completely free with the pro features. No ads, notifications, filters, and a lot more. It will replace the Snap2Chat Lite

    Thank you for choosing Snap2Chat/SnapShot.

    Posted via CB10
    Thanked by 27:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked
    00stryder (08-16-2014),  00_Agent (09-17-2014),  adnan.jsr (08-17-2014),  alludba (08-19-2014),  bad mojo92 (08-16-2014),  BBFanatic4Life (08-16-2014),  canuckvoip (08-16-2014),  Daniel Montanaro (08-16-2014),  grover5 (08-15-2014),  Elite1 (08-16-2014),  eywong (08-21-2014),  GSM-S (08-17-2014),  Jawuan Robertson (08-15-2014),  Lawrie Sherratt (08-16-2014),  LP_Rigg (08-17-2014),  mithrazor (08-16-2014),  MrDoreth (08-16-2014),  Nayalm (08-16-2014),  PantherBlitz (08-17-2014),  rampagingpanda (08-17-2014),  Shadowyugi (08-16-2014),  sk8er_tor (08-17-2014),  Smitty13 (08-16-2014),  swishhh (08-20-2014),  thekidshop (08-18-2014),  tryfe (08-16-2014),  yvpan1 (08-17-2014) 
  8. 40blind40's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    440 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

    Default

    Thanks for directing me to that thread.

    Posted via CB10
  9. Clanked's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    659 Posts
    #9  

    Default

    Snapchat is a real scumbag developer. Pulls app made only because they haven't made one.......real a-holes they are. they'll never see my business regardless of what platform I use.


    Slow clap to SnapChat for being lazy, greedy urchins.....well done guys...well done.

    Posted via CB10
    Thanked by:
    Nayalm (08-16-2014) 
  10. Jawuan Robertson's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    41 Posts
    #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NemOry View Post
    Hi there,

    We are very sorry that you can?t download Snap2Chat Pro in BBWorld at the moment because SnapChat pulled it the store recently but we?re trying our best to put it back and don?t worry because you will always can get and NO NEED TO PAY AGAIN.

    The name will be renamed to SnapShot and will be completely free with the pro features. No ads, notifications, filters, and a lot more. It will replace the Snap2Chat Lite

    Thank you for choosing Snap2Chat/SnapShot.

    Posted via CB10
    Good sh*t bro!

    BBM: 2B810173
  11. grover5's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,451 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,616 Global Posts
    #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NemOry View Post
    Hi there,

    We are very sorry that you can?t download Snap2Chat Pro in BBWorld at the moment because SnapChat pulled it the store recently but we?re trying our best to put it back and don?t worry because you will always can get and NO NEED TO PAY AGAIN.

    The name will be renamed to SnapShot and will be completely free with the pro features. No ads, notifications, filters, and a lot more. It will replace the Snap2Chat Lite

    Thank you for choosing Snap2Chat/SnapShot.

    Posted via CB10
    Nemory, you're awesome.

    Posted via CrackBerry App
    Thanked by:
    vanrickman (08-24-2014) 
    GSM-S and vanrickman like this.
  12. webber27's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    332 Posts
    #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clanked View Post
    Snapchat is a real scumbag developer. Pulls app made only because they haven't made one.......real a-holes they are. they'll never see my business regardless of what platform I use.


    Slow clap to SnapChat for being lazy, greedy urchins.....well done guys...well done.

    Posted via CB10
    +100

    Posted via CB10
  13. DYLANHABKIRK's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,354 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,379 Global Posts
    #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clanked View Post
    Snapchat is a real scumbag developer. Pulls app made only because they haven't made one.......real a-holes they are. they'll never see my business regardless.

    Posted via CB10
    Uhm, no. Snapchat claims, Nemory Studios "improperly uses Snapchat's trademark in its app title and includes the unauthorized use of the Snapchat ghost logo." They add it violates terms and conditions of the application and "other federal and state laws."

    Snapchat went after Snap2Chat due to the application being a paid staple in the BlackBerry World storefront - which they have every right to do.

    But I do appreciate what the developer went through to bring Snap2Chat to BlackBerry World. It filled a huge gap, and I can admit I paid for the Pro version myself.

    Nonetheless, I wish Nemory luck.


    Posted via CB10
  14. Clanked's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    659 Posts
    #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DYLANHABKIRK View Post
    Uhm, no. Snapchat claims, Nemory Studios "improperly uses Snapchat's trademark in its app title and includes the unauthorized use of the Snapchat ghost logo." They add it violates terms and conditions of the application and "other federal and state laws."

    Snapchat went after Snap2Chat due to the application being a paid staple in the BlackBerry World storefront - which they have every right to do.

    But I do appreciate what the developer went through to bring Snap2Chat to BlackBerry World. It filled a huge gap, and I can admit I paid for the Pro version myself.

    Nonetheless, I wish Nemory luck.


    Posted via CB10
    I dont debate the legal right to do what they do.....but its still dirty pool.....they're lazy greedy urchins. it is what it is. Just like yelp, netflix....etc etc. Scumbags imo.

    Posted via CB10
  15. masterscarhead1's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,949 Posts
    #15  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NemOry View Post
    Hi there,

    We are very sorry that you can?t download Snap2Chat Pro in BBWorld at the moment because SnapChat pulled it the store recently but we?re trying our best to put it back and don?t worry because you will always can get and NO NEED TO PAY AGAIN.

    The name will be renamed to SnapShot and will be completely free with the pro features. No ads, notifications, filters, and a lot more. It will replace the Snap2Chat Lite

    Thank you for choosing Snap2Chat/SnapShot.

    Posted via CB10
    Nem, I did warn you about this...about 6 months ago :S
    DYLANHABKIRK and Djlatino like this.
  16. DYLANHABKIRK's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,354 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,379 Global Posts
    #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clanked View Post
    I dont debate the legal right to do what they do.....but its still dirty pool.....they're lazy greedy urchins. it is what it is. Just like yelp, netflix....etc etc. Scumbags imo.

    Posted via CB10
    Yeah - how greedy and dirty for a company to protect the rights of the property they worked hard to establish...

    I'm not trying to cause a debate - you have your opinion, and then there's the opposite.

    It just seems you have misdirected anger because they don't support your platform - right?

    *Shrug*



    Posted via CB10
    Thanked by:
    qbnkelt (09-01-2014) 
  17. Clanked's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    659 Posts
    #17  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DYLANHABKIRK View Post
    Yeah - how greedy and dirty for a company to protect the rights of the property they worked hard to establish...

    I'm not trying to cause a debate - you have your opinion, and then there's the opposite.

    It just seems you have misdirected anger because they don't support your platform - right?

    *Shrug*



    Posted via CB10
    You're missing my point. But whatever.

    Posted via CB10
    CeeXTwo likes this.
  18. gebco's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    970 Posts
    Global Posts
    973 Global Posts
    #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clanked View Post
    You're missing my point. But whatever.

    Posted via CB10
    I think the point is that they won't develop an app for BB10, but when someone else does, they go after him. Snapchat could have had those downloads themselves if they had made an app.

    Posted via CB10
    Thanked by 4:
    Clanked (08-16-2014),  FSeverino (08-16-2014),  menshawy (08-16-2014),  Toodeurep (08-17-2014) 
  19. mvpcrossxover's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,581 Posts
    #19  

    Default

    I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't use snapchat.



    Posted via CB10
    Give people freedom dawg........
    Thanked by 4:
    Banco (08-16-2014),  Flatman (08-16-2014),  itzJustMeh (08-16-2014),  menshawy (08-16-2014) 
    donnation, ESCON, Flatman and 6 others like this.
  20. menshawy's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,549 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,550 Global Posts
    PIN
    2BBB7201
    #20  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mvpcrossxover View Post
    I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't use snapchat.



    Posted via CB10
    2

    Join my photography channel
  21. swapnilsj's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    160 Posts
    #21  

    Default

    I too don't use it!!

    Posted via CB10
  22. Dave Bourque's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    7,616 Posts
    #22  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mvpcrossxover View Post
    I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't use snapchat.



    Posted via CB10
    Nope. I don't use it either.

    Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
  23. vrud's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    548 Posts
    #23  

    Default

    Reminds me of typo keyboard dispute.
    I wonder if snap2chat needs to be blocked globally or just in the US.

    Posted via CB10
    Thanked by:
    Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes (08-16-2014) 
  24. mnc76's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,612 Posts
    #24  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gebco View Post
    I think the point is that they won't develop an app for BB10, but when someone else does, they go after him. Snapchat could have had those downloads themselves if they had made an app.

    Posted via CB10
    Exactly.

    YES -- they have a right to protect their intellectual property.

    But at the same time, there is no point or benefit I can see for them to do this beyond the fact that "they can".

    That's why it's a d**che move in my book. They're seemingly taking the app down for the sake of taking it down, not because it's doing any damage or harm to their company or brand... I mean, it's not like Snap2chat is competing with their own BB10 SnapChat client (especially since they refuse to build one for BB10).

    Just because they have the right to do something doesn't mean it's automatically the correct and appropriate thing for them to do.

    Posted via CB10
    Thanked by:
    Leonardo Riccio (08-21-2014) 
  25. Banco's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,788 Posts
    #25  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mnc76 View Post
    Exactly.

    YES -- they have a right to protect their intellectual property.

    But at the same time, there is no point or benefit I can see for them to do this beyond the fact that "they can".

    That's why it's a d**che move in my book. They're seemingly taking the app down for the sake of taking it down, not because it's doing any damage or harm to their company or brand... I mean, it's not like Snap2chat is competing with their own BB10 SnapChat client (especially since they refuse to build one for BB10).

    Just because they have the right to do something doesn't mean it's automatically the correct and appropriate thing for them to do.

    Posted via CB10
    People always say that, but the reality is that they don't have any choice. If they don't go after someone who uses the name and/or logo, then it's open season for anyone to do what they want, and if they do then try and object, it can be pointed out they took no action previously.

    Posted via CB10
    Thanked by 2:
    PantherBlitz (08-17-2014),  qbnkelt (09-01-2014) 
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. BlackBerry 10.2.2
    By Ajay Chopra1 in forum Airtel
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-23-2014, 04:14 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-22-2014, 09:31 PM
  3. Accuracy of touch typing!?
    By cellphonejunkey in forum BlackBerry Z30
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-17-2014, 11:50 AM
  4. problem with software of my bb 8900
    By CrackBerry Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-16-2014, 03:21 PM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-16-2014, 02:07 PM

Posting Permissions