Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree19Likes
  • 7 Post By undone
  • 1 Post By Neely2005
  • 1 Post By CranBerry413
  • 1 Post By undone
  • 2 Post By JGuez
  • 1 Post By EchoTango
  • 1 Post By erodenero
  • 3 Post By mikeycollins13
  • 2 Post By mikeycollins13
    CrackBerry Master

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Seeking Alpha article worth reading.

From: Blackberry And Forbes: Battleground Stocks And Headline Risks - Seeking Alpha

When a stock such as Blackberry (BBRY) is caught in a vicious tug of war, with half the analysts on the street rating it a sell (short) and the other half a buy, readers and publishers need to be very careful to take note of which side is being presented. One would expect that if a prestigious news outlet were to write an article presenting either one of these explicit viewpoints, that news organization should have a responsibility to its readers to clearly point out the agenda of the analyst they are quoting. One would also expect that news outlet not to sensationalize an analyst opining into a headline and a de facto mobile carrier statement.

Yesterday Eric Savitz of Forbes magazine managed to avoid just such disclosures when he presented the viewpoint of a leading Blackberry bearish analyst, Brian Blair of Wedge Partners.

{Continued at link above}
    Last edited by Michelle Haag; 03-05-2013 at 10:50 PM. Reason: notice from Seeking Alpha
    'The frontier between hell and heaven is only the difference between two ways of looking at things.' - George Bernard Shaw
    Thanked by 10:
    AllynaS (02-15-2013),  lactose (02-14-2013),  Cesare21 (02-15-2013),  erodenero (02-14-2013),  m0de25 (02-14-2013),  mikeycollins13 (02-14-2013),  r0v3rT3N (02-14-2013),  Snap51 (02-16-2013),  Vorkosigan (02-15-2013),  zyben (02-14-2013) 
    CrackBerry Addict

Good read, thanks for posting.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    Thanked by:
    mikeycollins13 (02-14-2013) 
    mikeycollins13 likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Very good find OP. It seems that more people are calling things as they see them.
    Thanked by:
    CrackBerry Master

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Yea if Peter Misek of Jefferies is on BlackBerry's side its hard to see how the bash articles make sense anymore (other then to push your own agenda). Misek was a total bear on RIM where he isnt on the now BlackBerry.
    'The frontier between hell and heaven is only the difference between two ways of looking at things.' - George Bernard Shaw
    Thanked by:
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts

I had a feeling Seeking Alpha was going to come out and call that ******* at Forbes out on his bull****. Glad he did.
    Thanked by:
    mikeycollins13 and r0v3rT3N like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Eric S. and I have been trading immoral influence accusations for over 4 years now. He is clearly an Apple sycophant and even possibly a paid spokesman. Between him and Mossberg, they are like an Apple synchronized cheerleading squad.

In order to hide his bias, he’s now quoting other sources which then insulates him from potential ethical issues as he can always say he’s simply quoting other people’s opinions. I don’t think his previous perspectives in BBerry are logical and maybe even laughable if it wasn’t for the financial carnage he causes.

In short, people with no ethics like Savitz need to be expunged from the ranks of the media.
    Thanked by:
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    797 Global Posts
    PIN

Quote Originally Posted by EchoTango View Post
    Eric S. and I have been trading immoral influence accusations for over 4 years now. He is clearly an Apple sycophant and even possibly a paid spokesman. Between him and Mossberg, they are like an Apple synchronized cheerleading squad.

In order to hide his bias, he’s now quoting other sources which then insulates him from potential ethical issues as he can always say he’s simply quoting other people’s opinions. I don’t think his previous perspectives in BBerry are logical and maybe even laughable if it wasn’t for the financial carnage he causes.

In short, people with no ethics like Savitz need to be expunged from the ranks of the media.
    +100
    10char
    Download The EGO Mag Online app for Blackberry 5,6,7, Playbook and the all new Blackberry 10!
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...tent/24193889/

A Gentleman's Guide to a Better Lifestyle!
    CrackBerry Abuser

happy you guys liked the article. i got the Ugov bit from these forums...as well as the inspiration to write the first one, London Calling on a BB10. So it all really starts here, and this community is responsible for that post.
    Thanked by:
    zyben (02-15-2013) 
    JGuez, zyben and AllynaS like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    330B6526

Great read. Thanks
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,346 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EchoTango View Post
    Heh - I find Walt is a Mac fan, but also likes other things, gets to the meat and asks tough questions. Walt has also trashed Apple in the past. Remember MobileMe?

But yeah - Eric acts like he has a 12 foot statue of Steve Jobs in his house.
    Last edited by RubberChicken76; 02-15-2013 at 12:35 PM.
    ------------------------------------
    I like how BlackBerry 10 is evolving, but when are they going to fix BlackBerry Link for Mac?

The fact that it doesn't reliably do what it's supposed to do ... most of the time ... is utterly appalling. The only consistency is the "Music not copied to Z10 message"
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts

Undone could you cite your reference for: " Yet CEO Thorsten Heins has already hinted that a very large number (I believe it was 50%) of BB10 buyers came from Apple and Android. " Because that is a fairly aggressive statement on the positioning of the Z10 . Thanks
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,346 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bbnivende View Post
    Undone could you cite your reference for: " Yet CEO Thorsten Heins has already hinted that a very large number (I believe it was 50%) of BB10 buyers came from Apple and Android. " Because that is a fairly aggressive statement on the positioning of the Z10 . Thanks
    Over 50% of Canadian BlackBerry Z10 preorders are from non-BlackBerry users: CIBC | MobileSyrup.com
    ------------------------------------
    I like how BlackBerry 10 is evolving, but when are they going to fix BlackBerry Link for Mac?

The fact that it doesn't reliably do what it's supposed to do ... most of the time ... is utterly appalling. The only consistency is the "Music not copied to Z10 message"
    CrackBerry User

This was definitely a good read. An honest and refreshing take which is something I'm sure we all need. All the bashing is tiring.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I wrote the article, Heinz spoke this and it has been quoted everywhere, it's really anecdotal now. You'll find further references to it in Seeking Alpha
    Thanked by 3:
    Bbnivende (02-15-2013),  Cesare21 (02-15-2013),  undone (02-18-2013) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    K Ink Wink

Quote Originally Posted by mikeycollins13 View Post
    I wrote the article, Heinz spoke this and it has been quoted everywhere, it's really anecdotal now. You'll find further references to it in Seeking Alpha
    +100 for your article. Very balanced, highly informative and truly perceptive. I wish there were other writers who saw both sides of the coin before they flipped it.
    Children of tomorrow live in the tears that fall today
    Will the sunrise of tomorrow bring in peace in any way?
    Must the world live in the shadow of atomic fear?
    Can they win the fight for peace or will they disappear?

-- Black Sabbath: Children of the Grave
    CrackBerry Abuser

Great read. I am a long investor and it helps to have this kind of intelligent analysis. I can tell you that it is very interesting to watch how the market is manipulated. It takes a real *** to go public with such nonsense .

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10