Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28
Like Tree15Likes
  1. Bairdo's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    157 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Russell Simmons pumping RIM's tires @ CES

    He's tweeting asking people to let him know where the RIM booth is because the new berry's are awesome. . .

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
  2. jafrul's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,196 Posts
    #2  

    Default Russell Simmons pumping RIM's tires @ CES

    Quote Originally Posted by Bairdo View Post
    He's tweeting asking people to let him know where the RIM booth is because the new berry's are awesome. . .

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    cool. give him a free phone. heck, give the ex wife a Z10 as well... and then you will see the whole Americans will buzzing about blackberry when she twitted about it.

    Sent from my unsliding slider BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
  3. TheStoof's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    696 Posts
    Global Posts
    701 Global Posts
    #3  

    Default

    While this is great, the obvious answer is "there are no RIM booths that are showcasing BB10 because we have to wait until Jan 30."
  4. Bairdo's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    157 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

    Default Russell Simmons pumping RIM's tires @ CES

    obviously, but him tweeting about it will not hurt RIM in any way. He's a huge media figure to help with creating more hype for 'the second coming' of RIM Jan 30th

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
  5. anon1727506's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    7,242 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,248 Global Posts
    #5  

    Default

    That's a billion dollars well spent....
  6. Toodeurep's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,676 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,677 Global Posts
    PIN
    Wooden Shoe Like to Know;)
    #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheStoof View Post
    While this is great, the obvious answer is "there are no RIM booths that are showcasing BB10 because we have to wait until Jan 30."
    Actually he tweeted later that he arived and it was a private booth. Kevin tweeted a nice pic of some cases in a glass case. lol
  7. OniBerry's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,924 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,122 Global Posts
    PIN
    597674FC
    #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheStoof View Post
    While this is great, the obvious answer is "there are no RIM booths that are showcasing BB10 because we have to wait until Jan 30."
    RIM does have a presence at CES. They may not be announcing devices or anything, but shooting yourself in the foot is always a bad idea. They would have to be very stupid not to send down a team or two.
  8. Bla1ze's Avatar
    Editor in Chief

    Posts
    18,079 Posts
    Global Posts
    18,436 Global Posts
    #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oniberry View Post
    RIM does have a presence at CES. They may not be announcing devices or anything, but shooting yourself in the foot is always a bad idea. They would have to be very stupid not to send down a team or two.
    Plus, QNX is all over the place.
  9. dbollman423's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    650 Posts
    #9  

    Default Russell Simmons pumping RIM's tires @ CES

    Quote Originally Posted by Bla1ze View Post
    Plus, QNX is all over the place.
    Yes. Excellent point. How much are the competition going to have to pay to "buy in". The possibilities of QNX are well grounded and vast.

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
  10. canuckvoip's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,750 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,821 Global Posts
    #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bla1ze View Post
    Plus, QNX is all over the place.
    Alec Saunders is there. Kev should get a meeting.
  11. jafrul's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,196 Posts
    #11  

    Default Russell Simmons pumping RIM's tires @ CES

    Quote Originally Posted by canuckvoip View Post
    Alec Saunders is there. Kev should get a meeting.
    woahoo...
    imagine kimora lee simmons n Russell fashioning Z10. The whole fashion industry will dump iphone n fashion a BB.
    and BlackBerry as a hip superphone will definitely paint a great picture throughout the world.

    Sent from my unsliding slider BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    shemaree09 likes this.
  12. MartyMcfly's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    3,030 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,062 Global Posts
    #12  

    Default Russell Simmons pumping RIM's tires @ CES

    Quote Originally Posted by jafrul View Post
    woahoo...
    imagine kimora lee simmons n Russell fashioning Z10. The whole fashion industry will dump iphone n fashion a BB.
    and BlackBerry as a hip superphone will definitely paint a great picture throughout the world.

    Sent from my unsliding slider BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    I can't tell you the last time I saw someone rocking Russell or Kimora's line of clothing. Their brands aren't as popular as they use to be. Russell will always be cool though,he started the greatest hip hop label, not to mention he keeps eye candy on his arm.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    JR A likes this.
  13. MartyMcfly's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    3,030 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,062 Global Posts
    #13  

    Default Russell Simmons pumping RIM's tires @ CES

    I'm surprised Rev Run wasn't there. He was a huge BB fan at one point.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  14. djdragon's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,033 Posts
    #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jafrul View Post
    heck, give the ex wife a Z10 as well... and then you will see the whole Americans will buzzing about blackberry when she twatted about it.

    FYP
  15. jafrul's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,196 Posts
    #15  

    Default Russell Simmons pumping RIM's tires @ CES

    Quote Originally Posted by MartyMcfly View Post
    I can't tell you the last time I saw someone rocking Russell or Kimora's line of clothing. Their brands aren't as popular as they use to be. Russell will always be cool though,he started the greatest hip hop label, not to mention he keeps eye candy on his arm.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    well, probably not russell.. but kimora is BIG in Asia. though i prefer Hova n wife rocking BB than the simmons.
    but commercial wise, both won't do as much as actors rocking BB on movies and tv series.

    Sent from my unsliding slider BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    JR A likes this.
  16. kevinnugent's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,141 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,268 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B630F1E
    #16  

    Default

    RIM needs to make a baby version for Kimye's baby's arrival.
    MoolahMitch and shemaree09 like this.
  17. shemaree09's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,411 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,412 Global Posts
    #17  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kevinnugent View Post
    RIM needs to make a baby version for Kimye's baby's arrival.
    I could totally see this!
  18. MoolahMitch's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    315 Posts
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dbollman423 View Post
    Yes. Excellent point. How much are the competition going to have to pay to "buy in". The possibilities of QNX are well grounded and vast.

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Samsung and Nvidia already do
  19. MoolahMitch's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    315 Posts
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    #19  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jafrul View Post
    well, probably not russell.. but kimora is BIG in Asia. though i prefer Hova n wife rocking BB than the simmons.
    but commercial wise, both won't do as much as actors rocking BB on movies and tv series.

    Sent from my unsliding slider BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    Jay-Z, Beyonce, Kanye, Kim K, Will.I.Am and Lady Gaga all are big CrackBerry fans and all have great marketing appeal. I personally would go after the Bieb with the added bonus of him being Canadian. His 'Stans' would do any phucking thing as it was shown this week!
  20. zyben's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    584 Posts
    #20  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MoolahMitch View Post
    I personally would go after the Bieb with the added bonus of him being Canadian. His 'Stans' would do any phucking thing as it was shown this week!
    His bodyguard tweeted this last week:

    Kenny Hamilton ‏@KennyHamilton

    Last month I checked out the new #Blackberry10 coming out! Its so dope! Great job @BlackBerry BlackBerry 10 - Official News and Updates at BlackBerry.com - Global #bb10 #Meechy
  21. Made in flanders's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    193 Posts
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask and you shall know
    #21  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheStoof View Post
    While this is great, the obvious answer is "there are no RIM booths that are showcasing BB10 because we have to wait until Jan 30."
    As stated before, he did saw it, because this is what he tweeted a bit later:
    Finally found the space where they are showcasing the new blackberry (its private) Amazing. Y*all gonna flip
    Collapse Reply Retweet Favorite
  22. Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes's Avatar
    Waterloo's Finest

    Posts
    5,678 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,707 Global Posts
    #22  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MoolahMitch View Post
    Jay-Z, Beyonce, Kanye, Kim K, Will.I.Am and Lady Gaga all are big CrackBerry fans and all have great marketing appeal. I personally would go after the Bieb with the added bonus of him being Canadian. His 'Stans' would do any phucking thing as it was shown this week!
    There may be a jay-Z Blue z10 according to a rumour in another thread
  23. BB_Bmore's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,842 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,874 Global Posts
    PIN
    excepting applications
    #23  

    Default Russell Simmons pumping RIM's tires @ CES

    Quote Originally Posted by Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes View Post
    There may be a jay-Z Blue z10 according to a rumour in another thread
    No I posted that but I was totally joking lol.


    Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
  24. lorax1284's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    948 Posts
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    #24  

    Default

    I'd also like to see Russell BRAND's ex-wife rocking a BlackBerry... Katy Perry is due to have a new album out soon, and I'm thinking RIM sponsoring the tour that supports the album would be... wise.
  25. Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes's Avatar
    Waterloo's Finest

    Posts
    5,678 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,707 Global Posts
    #25  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BB-Bmore View Post
    No I posted that but I was totally joking lol.


    Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    shoot...its a nice colour

    Russell Simmons pumping RIM's tires @ CES-jaygmc.jpg
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. RIM using Russell Simmons in BB10 ads?
    By SK122387 in forum News & Rumors
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-11-12, 02:55 PM
  2. Russell Simmons' BB10 Tweet w/Pic
    By twidget2iwo in forum BlackBerry Z10
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-11-12, 01:54 PM
  3. Disappointed @ RIM and Playbook / CES
    By slingxshot in forum BlackBerry PlayBook
    Replies: 156
    Last Post: 01-15-12, 04:12 PM
  4. storm 2 OS 6 coming per RIM employee at CES
    By sbudaj in forum News & Rumors
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 02-02-11, 06:35 PM
  5. RIM to be at the Consumer Electronic Show, (CES)
    By Berryman in forum News & Rumors
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-28-07, 03:46 AM

Posting Permissions