Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 50
Like Tree40Likes
  1. Neely2005's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    587 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Rumour: L Series Will Launch February 15, 2013. N Series Will Launch April 2013.

    A good friend of mine used the L Series last night (he's a current iPhone 5 user) and he loved it.
    He was told by the owner that the L Series will be available as of February 15, 2013 & that the N Series will be available in April 2013.

    Take it for what it's worth.


    Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
  2. BThunderW's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    821 Posts
    #2  

    Default

    41 days till we know for sure.

    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    A good friend of mine used the L Series last night (he's a current iPhone 5 user) and he loved it.
    He was told by the owner that the L Series will be available as of February 15, 2013 & that the N Series will be available in April 2013.

    Take it for what it's worth.


    Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    bluetroll and Waqiuddin like this.
  3. 1REDRUM's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    350 Posts
    #3  

    Default

    I highly doubt it. My friend who is a senior execuutive at RIM said shortly after launch / February 3rd for the L series and the N series two weeks laterr. While his department is not marketing / product launch I highly doubt only 7 days ago he could be that wrong. Then again as said above....we will find out on January 30th
    SK122387 likes this.
  4. bbaleno's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    514 Posts
    PIN
    ing for the fjords
    #4  

    Default

    it sounds plausable. the 14th would be better so Rim can show us some love on Vanentines day
  5. tfp
    tfp is offline
    tfp's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,422 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,460 Global Posts
    #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1REDRUM View Post
    I highly doubt it. My friend who is a senior execuutive at RIM said shortly after launch / February 3rd for the L series and the N series two weeks laterr. While his department is not marketing / product launch I highly doubt only 7 days ago he could be that wrong. Then again as said above....we will find out on January 30th
    February 3, 2013 is a Sunday. I highly doubt it will be released on a Sunday.
    Don't take Life so seriously, you'll never get out alive
  6. Brianflys's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    757 Posts
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    #6  

    Default

    BB10 2 B 2/10


    hmmm. Forum engine changes my capitalization. Wasup?
  7. simu31's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    570 Posts
    #7  

    Default

    I'm pretty sure it comes down to the carriers when the device(s) is (are) launched.

    Some territories may start sales before others, but we won't know anything more until January 30th

    Si.
    BBThemes and Bobcat665 like this.
  8. JosephRuff's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    239 Posts
    #8  

    Default

    my friend's half-sister's brother's cousin's roommate said that it will be coming out tomorrow!
  9. big_time2's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    838 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,074 Global Posts
    #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JosephRuff View Post
    my friend's half-sister's brother's cousin's roommate said that it will be coming out tomorrow!
    Dude, I know that guy too!
    Thanked by:
    Cappyshirt (12-23-2012) 
  10. RubberChicken76's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,012 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,015 Global Posts
    #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1REDRUM View Post
    I highly doubt it. My friend who is a senior execuutive at RIM said shortly after launch / February 3rd for the L series and the N series two weeks laterr.
    L Series I can believe, but N Series sounds suspicious. There have been no leaks (which suggests not in carrier testing), and the Dev Alpha Cs haven't been given to developers. Two weeks later sounds suspect. Surprised your friend is so open.
    ------------------------------------
    I like how BlackBerry 10 is evolving, but when are they going to fix BlackBerry Link for Mac?

    The fact that it doesn't reliably do what it's supposed to do ... most of the time ... is utterly appalling. The only consistency is the "Music not copied to Z10 message"
  11. rockitnyc's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    18 Posts
    #11  

    Default

    Was @ a T-Mobile store in USA to buy a 9900 and there was a RIM rep at the store with the sales person and they said wait the BB10 phones will be out shortly. When the RIM Rep left the Salesman said they were told they will start to receive shipments in stores at the end of January to have inventory ready for launch. So if all this gets you excited good because it certainly got me excited.. We all will know on January 30th.
    bjw408h and fbf2012 like this.
  12. VeGiTo's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    242 Posts
    #12  

    Default

    The exact date will depend on each individual carrier. Your friend at RIM probably told you Feb 15 based on what he knows about YOUR particular carrier.
  13. Sith_Apprentice's Avatar

    Posts
    9,737 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,739 Global Posts
    PIN
    Changes way too often
    #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VeGiTo View Post
    The exact date will depend on each individual carrier. Your friend at RIM probably told you Feb 15 based on what he knows about YOUR particular carrier.
    While this is the case, I am hoping that RIM can pull off what Apple does with the iPhone and say "available on this day on these 10/20/30 carriers".
    ~S_A
    DJM626 likes this.
  14. TGaT's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    39 Posts
    #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rockitnyc View Post
    Was @ a T-Mobile store in USA to buy a 9900 and there was a RIM rep at the store with the sales person and they said wait the BB10 phones will be out shortly. When the RIM Rep left the Salesman said they were told they will start to receive shipments in stores at the end of January to have inventory ready for launch. So if all this gets you excited good because it certainly got me excited.. We all will know on January 30th.
    it would be sweet on January 30th, after revealing the phones and when annoucing the release date Thorsten just says "avaiable now!"
  15. johnny_larue's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    121 Posts
    #15  

    Default

    It would be cool if Thor even announced that the BB10 OS was immediately available forcthe PlayBook. That would be too cool.
    Thanked by:
    toneytone (12-22-2012) 
  16. RubberChicken76's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,012 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,015 Global Posts
    #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johnny_larue View Post
    It would be cool if Thor even announced that the BB10 OS was immediately available forcthe PlayBook. That would be too cool.
    Cool but I doubt it.
    ------------------------------------
    I like how BlackBerry 10 is evolving, but when are they going to fix BlackBerry Link for Mac?

    The fact that it doesn't reliably do what it's supposed to do ... most of the time ... is utterly appalling. The only consistency is the "Music not copied to Z10 message"
  17. SEAWARRIOR's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,449 Posts
    #17  

    Default

    THE best way to do the launch would be a 1-2 punch & say "phones available now" AND "playbook update to BB10 available now & it contains ALL bridged phone/call functions",,, now THAT would be sayin' something,,, GO BIG OR GO HOME...
    "THE GUY YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT !!!"

    I'M ON MY OWN IGNORE LIST===

    "By the pricking of my thumbs,
    Something wicked this way comes."



    9850+PlayBook=WIN!!!
    bluetroll and walt63 like this.
  18. rick0415's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    187 Posts
    PIN
    280BA988
    #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tfp View Post
    February 3, 2013 is a Sunday. I highly doubt it will be released on a Sunday.
    Isn't Feb 3rd Super Bowl Sunday? Maybe they're doing a big Super Bowl ad campaign.
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
  19. chrysaurora's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,027 Posts
    #19  

    Default

    APRIL 2013 for N Series!?! What! OMG! That is most depressing piece of news I've read all day. I want N-series NOW NOW NOW!
    *******
    Dear BlackBerry,
    UPGRADE existing users to BB 10. Don't want to price devices too low? Start a 'trade-up' program. Let existing BB users exchange their old (even non-working) devices for new BB10. Eg: Old BlackBerry + $250 = Z10 This way, you won't have to officially lower your MSRP.

    IMPLEMENT requests in order (most requested to least): http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...50/index9.html
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
  20. houshinto#IM's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    951 Posts
    Global Posts
    954 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AA07827
    #20  

    Default

    That doesn't sounds right at all. One of the benefits of the delay of the L series was so that the N series would also be released soon after if not at the same time. If it's true I hope my sister can hold out till April for the N.
  21. Skeevecr's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,509 Posts
    #21  

    Default

    I would be inclined to believe April 2013 for n-series, that gives l-series a nice amount of time in the spotlight on its own and allows it time to establish what bb10 can do on a touchscreen model before bringing the more conventional qwerty model more fully into the picture. It also moves the launch sales for that model into the next quarter giving rim a more consistent set of boosts to start out their returns of the bb10 era.
  22. Tatperson's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    162 Posts
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    PIN
    Secret
    #22  

    Default Rumour: L Series Will Launch February 15, 2013. N Series Will Launch April 2013.

    Quote Originally Posted by RubberChicken76 View Post
    L Series I can believe, but N Series sounds suspicious. There have been no leaks (which suggests not in carrier testing), and the Dev Alpha Cs haven't been given to developers. Two weeks later sounds suspect. Surprised your friend is so open.
    Actually, according to @BlackBerryScoop, they have. But everyone who got it right now have to sign an Agreement, because its just the N-series for developers.
    Thanked by:
    RubberChicken76 (12-21-2012) 
  23. SEAWARRIOR's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,449 Posts
    #23  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Houshinto View Post
    That doesn't sounds right at all. One of the benefits of the delay of the L series was so that the N series would also be released soon after if not at the same time. If it's true I hope my sister can hold out till April for the N.
    a fragmented release/launch/update will only turn ppl off,,, they should do all within a few weeks if not days of each other,,, making ppl play the waiting game, AGAIN, is not a wise choice...
    "THE GUY YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT !!!"

    I'M ON MY OWN IGNORE LIST===

    "By the pricking of my thumbs,
    Something wicked this way comes."



    9850+PlayBook=WIN!!!
  24. nyplaya610's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    418 Posts
    PIN
    330B6526
    #24  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigtime2 View Post
    Dude, I know that guy too!
    Is he reliable? Lol
    berrysforlife and bold007 like this.
  25. Skeevecr's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,509 Posts
    #25  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SEAWARRIOR View Post
    a fragmented release/launch/update will only turn ppl off,,, they should do all within a few weeks if not days of each other,,, making ppl play the waiting game, AGAIN, is not a wise choice...
    It is not a fragmented launch though, it is about not crowding what is actually the new flagship for blackberry, along with the more obvious point that the n-series being planned to launch later clearly won't be ready for the start of february since all the focus will have been on the l-series to ensure that doesn't slip.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. I will buy the BB 10 L series only if...
    By tarektoverso in forum BlackBerry Z10
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: 01-15-2013, 04:04 PM
  2. RIM and NHLPA launch the Players’ PlayBook video series
    By bluetroll in forum News & Rumors
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-23-2012, 10:24 AM
  3. No longer a rumour.... OS 2.0 coming February 2012
    By biggulpseh in forum BlackBerry PlayBook OS
    Replies: 485
    Last Post: 11-01-2011, 01:06 PM
  4. Replies: 38
    Last Post: 12-22-2008, 11:32 PM
  5. Will i lose all of my contacts will i update my Curve
    By bberrynewbie84 in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xx
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-21-2008, 08:57 PM

Posting Permissions