- 01-12-2013, 03:50 AM #26
- 01-12-2013, 04:44 AM #27
- 01-12-2013, 04:59 AM #28
- 01-12-2013, 05:31 AM #29
P.S. I read a lot of press and there are regular articles on "The best new iPhone applications to find out", "The most interesting Android applications to discover", "Our top of original applications for Android", "The Top of useful iPhone applications" : it never stops, the apps look really great and you really want to test them, but they are always available to iPhone/Android.
It's not about that particular app everyone has to have like Skype, it's about lots of new apps people discover and discuss.
- 01-12-2013, 05:45 AM #30
Right now I am using a torch 9810, and Atrix 4g. I am looking forward to the BlackBerry parts like hub, bbm, etc, and the larger screen and functionality for surfing, like the Atrix. BB10 Z10 will do all that, and then some. If I have some extra apps that I have not yet used on either previous platform....bonus. (ps, I downloaded skype on my atrix, but have NEVER used it). I can get back to one phone number for everything I do, mobility wise.Q 10 and Z30 for the win!
now on leak 10.3.0.1418 via Sachesi
Playbook 64 gb wifi retired
Galaxy tab4 5.0 given to me free
- 01-12-2013, 05:54 AM #31
Apps and certain key specs will be a key battle area, but as long as the key areas are covered Im sure things will be fine.
- Camera is a big deal. BlackBerry 10 has a camera feature nobody but Nokia has on its phones. Provided the rest of the camera works well, has a decent sensor, and isnt buggy or laggy, this should be great, at least on par with competitors, hopefully.
- Multiplatform video chat app is a must, people need to communicate with each other, and the option should be there to type, or to talk and see the other person. This has to be multiplatform as cutting users off from the majority of people isnt the way forward.
- Games, if youre looking for the majority of users, you need to give them something they can pass time on their smartphone with. Theres no point aiming for the selection iOS has, even Android doesnt have that, but there need to be a few good games to cater for most peoples interests, ie shooter, sports, etc.
- I suppose the rest would be divided based on whats important to individual people. Personally, I would love a torrent remote app to load torrents on my Mac at home when Im out and about, a desktop access app like Splashtop to get access to my files at home form my mobile, Lastpass, Xbox Smartglass, local banking apps. I can make do without most of the others, at least initially, but the lack of some of these would push the purchase from one made with my brain to one made purely with my heart, and thats not going to be generalisable to the public at large.
- 01-12-2013, 08:04 AM #32
Been through so many launches here that I don't allow myself to believe anything anyone says anymore except from real people really in the know or official sources. I assume everyone else is out to make a splash for themselves. Self preservation.
- CrackBerry Genius
01-12-2013, 08:39 AM #33
- 3,579 Posts
Aristo specs are going to be the final device
N-series also being immediately available
BB10 for playbook coming out right away.
There are probably plenty of others where people have come out with fairly idiotic speculation that somebody else will then use as an excuse to moan at rim later when the made up speculation turns out to be made up.
- CrackBerry Genius
01-12-2013, 01:27 PM #34
- 3,579 Posts
Getting back to this topic, the latest thing to have people losing their **** over the slightest little thing would be these random photos of bell and tmo inventory systems that clearly indicate completely official announcements of prices regardless of the fact they are that clearly placeholders that they don't include a model name of any kind.
- 01-12-2013, 01:39 PM #35
Re: Rumors rumors rumors..... Setting yourself up for disappointment
What I want it to have is a fast decent browser primarily. That is the "app" I most care about. A browser that performs about like a PC browser. I hate mobile web pages, because they are usually stripped of functions I need. Especially when doing banking. For example the Citi banking. No app for BB and my current 9810 forces me to use the crippled mobile page with any browser that runs on it. There is things on there that the mobile page simply doesn't include.
I used to be able to get the full page some time ago, but they changed stuff and now it redirects me to mobile no matter what. And I KNOW the 9810 can do it.
This is things I want.
- 01-12-2013, 03:26 PM #37
I'm just hoping that RIM isn't putting on a big show on the 30th, just to tell us that after our long wait for BB10, we'll have to wait over an additional month or more and pay much more than a similarly spec'd phone. The media will kill them and the many people that waited will be upset and you'll start to hear "Same old RIM" thrown around all over the place. Sorry but RIM has dug a hole for itself and really doesn't need to create any additional bad news or ill will towards them.
- 01-12-2013, 04:07 PM #39
- 01-12-2013, 05:26 PM #40
It's always fun to speculate on future stuff for a bit, but anyone else other than me sticking with OS 6 or 7 for a good while yet after BB10 launches? At least we're not setting ourselves up for disappointments
Well said Jesseh. There are always complaints when something new comes out because of such extreme expectations from the part of the individual. It is at times, kind of comical
- CrackBerry Genius
01-12-2013, 08:35 PM #41
- 2,671 Posts
Re: Rumors rumors rumors..... Setting yourself up for disappointmentFor the best typing experience only one brand does it the best. That brand is BlackBerry.
BlackBerry. Nobody likes a typo.
Check out my collection of CB and BB wallpapers
- 01-13-2013, 07:32 AM #43
I'm not sure when i'll even worry about upgrading. The Bold 9900 has every app I need or want and i'm so thoroughly satisfied with it's performance and keyboard, the speed is so fluid that I don't find myself waiting to do much of anything. I guess eventually, but why fix something that's not broke? I honest to goodness do not have one complaint about the 9900 and it's accompanying OS 7. The upcoming cost to be paid; the monthly phone bill, that's it
- CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses
01-13-2013, 07:39 AM #44
- 5,369 Posts
dev alpha A - 3mp EDOF camera (think 9900)
dev alpha B - 2mp auto focus camera.
as im sure you understand, i could find many hundreds of threads from the 9900 forums validating their choice to move from EDOF back to auto focus lol
- 01-13-2013, 09:07 AM #46
By the time "apps" (maybe excl. games) will be ported on whatever platform, HTML5 driven apps will spread the web.
It's not a forecast, it's a solid trend. W3C specifications are now final and all the web planet is struggling to avoid their traffic falling into "mobile devices" app-driven model. You can read it like this : "Internet, updated with HTML5, may become the biggest (hosted) application delivery system, with a brand new revenues distribution model". How would you fight against massive distribution systems, like in "use whatever we have in our catalog for as less as $xx.yy a year (day/week/month/quarter), independently of the deviceS type/brand/OS you hold" ?
That's my take, and I believe it's going to be very palpable withing 6 months.
- 01-13-2013, 10:01 AM #47
- 01-13-2013, 10:15 AM #48
There's always some truth to rumors... if we were to do a study on all the rumors since 3 years back in regards to the Z10... L-Series... London, it would be eye opening to see how much actually came true. After you've been following smartphones for a while, it gets easier to decipher what might be true and what's straight fake.Don't be afraid to LIKE or say THANKS
BlackBerry Experience: BB Curve 8330 >> BB Bold 9000 >> BB Curve 3G 9300 >> BB Bold 9900 >> BB Q10 >> BB Classic (PRE-ORDER Cancelled "accidentally" by Digital River... idiots.)
- 01-13-2013, 10:46 AM #49
I also find it frustrating to constantly see 'try our app' only to have it be apple or android and no bb option.Power corrupts. Knowledge is power.
Study hard. Be evil.
- 01-13-2013, 10:48 AM #50--------------------------------
Not sure what's worse - irrational fanboys who get hostile at any negative suggestion ... or the people who've moved onto another platform but feel the need to come back here because they get off on "educating idiots".
- By gtamhankar in forum News & RumorsReplies: 38Last Post: 11-21-2011, 05:20 AM
- By BlackberryIRE in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 0Last Post: 09-09-2011, 05:00 AM
- By Lennyj17 in forum SprintReplies: 327Last Post: 07-04-2011, 01:36 PM
- By sadelb in forum BlackBerry Curve 8900Replies: 3Last Post: 12-12-2008, 01:17 PM
- By gotteeth in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 11-14-2008, 01:16 PM