Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree102Likes
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,283 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bla1ze View Post
    Part of why I hate posting rumors.. some people take it all to heart, ignoring the warnings and then complain later. Just look at some of the blog comments.. plenty of examples there. No matter how many times you state the "warnings", a lot of folks just simply extract what they want to see/hear vs. what's really there.

thats why in the thread about what people expect on jan 30th i said there will be some let downs, people are goign to expect alot out of the devices and at the current times i don't think its all that possible for any technology to do what people expect
    Waterloo's Finest

Global Posts
    5,635 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GTiLeo View Post
    thats why in the thread about what people expect on jan 30th i said there will be some let downs, people are goign to expect alot out of the devices and at the current times i don't think its all that possible for any technology to do what people expect
    My 9900 does what I expect it to do. The z10 will be giving me many unnecessary luxury features that I will use, but don't expect!!!
    Thanked by 3:
    BB_Bmore (01-13-2013),  blusls (01-13-2013),  jakie55 (01-12-2013) 
    jesse_h, blusls, BB_Bmore and 2 others like this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,283 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes View Post
    My 9900 does what I expect it to do. The z10 will be giving me many unnecessary luxury features that I will use, but don't expect!!!
    truth, i'm looking forward to the HUB. this over what my 9900 does is much better, and i'm lookign forward to the browser. honestly i'm lookign forward to everythign, the flow the gaming power, the speed and smoothness. i'm looking forward to a full touch screen that actuall has a good keyboard one that can compete with a physical QWERTY
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    156 Global Posts

"I guess the most popular ones on both OS"
    It just sounds like you are fishing for people to believe you that popular apps aren't coming but won't vouch which? Idk
    I think I understand what Italiannyc is talking about. I can speak for France and for myself : Doctissimo (a big French portal and forum platform), Beauté-Test, Vogue, le Figaro or Challenges (magazines), Talking Tom or Pocoyo or Dora or whaterver, this is nothing like Skype or Instagram, but I'd like to have all of this and it's very frustrating that everyone can have have all of it as much as they want, but not the BB users. It's not the end of the world, I agree, one can go on a forum (like Doctissimo or Beauté-Test) on a real pc, idem for the media, one can turn on youtube with pocoyo rather than Pocoyo application (which is different), but all of it is simply frustrating...and I understand that Italiannyc can be just happy not to be frustrated every time he finds out that the app he'd like to have isn't available for his phone.
    P.S. I read a lot of press and there are regular articles on "The best new iPhone applications to find out", "The most interesting Android applications to discover", "Our top of original applications for Android", "The Top of useful iPhone applications" : it never stops, the apps look really great and you really want to test them, but they are always available to iPhone/Android.

It's not about that particular app everyone has to have like Skype, it's about lots of new apps people discover and discuss.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AE49F77

Right now I am using a torch 9810, and Atrix 4g. I am looking forward to the BlackBerry parts like hub, bbm, etc, and the larger screen and functionality for surfing, like the Atrix. BB10 Z10 will do all that, and then some. If I have some extra apps that I have not yet used on either previous platform....bonus. (ps, I downloaded skype on my atrix, but have NEVER used it). I can get back to one phone number for everything I do, mobility wise.
    Q 10 and Z30 for the win!
    now on leak 10.3.0.1418 via Sachesi
    pebble watch
    Playbook 64 gb wifi retired
    Galaxy tab4 5.0 given to me free
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,237 Global Posts

100% agree he needs to do this. You can't say you are worried about that all of the apps won't be there, because you use the top ones on both OS's??? Its clear you are just arguing to argue.
    BlackBerry 10 looks like it will be super smooth and a great experience. By picking up some of the communication options lacking from BBOS it bring BlackBerries on par with other platforms, and hopefully in some ways will even exceed them.
    Apps and certain key specs will be a key battle area, but as long as the key areas are covered Im sure things will be fine.

- Camera is a big deal. BlackBerry 10 has a camera feature nobody but Nokia has on its phones. Provided the rest of the camera works well, has a decent sensor, and isnt buggy or laggy, this should be great, at least on par with competitors, hopefully.

- Multiplatform video chat app is a must, people need to communicate with each other, and the option should be there to type, or to talk and see the other person. This has to be multiplatform as cutting users off from the majority of people isnt the way forward.

- Games, if youre looking for the majority of users, you need to give them something they can pass time on their smartphone with. Theres no point aiming for the selection iOS has, even Android doesnt have that, but there need to be a few good games to cater for most peoples interests, ie shooter, sports, etc.

- I suppose the rest would be divided based on whats important to individual people. Personally, I would love a torrent remote app to load torrents on my Mac at home when Im out and about, a desktop access app like Splashtop to get access to my files at home form my mobile, Lastpass, Xbox Smartglass, local banking apps. I can make do without most of the others, at least initially, but the lack of some of these would push the purchase from one made with my brain to one made purely with my heart, and thats not going to be generalisable to the public at large.
    Retired CrackBerry Ambassador

Global Posts
    19,745 Global Posts
    PIN
    nahhhhh.....

Quote Originally Posted by CairnsRock View Post
    This is a Rumors forum. It's a fun thing. Just go with the flow and a liberal pinch of salt.
    Agreed that it's a rumours section, but the problem comes when people "break news" either for the sake of saying later "I told you so" or do it out of malice, to get people excited.

Been through so many launches here that I don't allow myself to believe anything anyone says anymore except from real people really in the know or official sources. I assume everyone else is out to make a splash for themselves. Self preservation.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and good with ketchup
    "When debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser" - Socrates
    iMore Ambassador
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew4life View Post
    I can't really think of much that we are speculating on
    Some of the sillier speculation in the last week or so would be:

Using ompa5
    Aristo specs are going to be the final device
    N-series also being immediately available
    BB10 for playbook coming out right away.

There are probably plenty of others where people have come out with fairly idiotic speculation that somebody else will then use as an excuse to moan at rim later when the made up speculation turns out to be made up.
    jesse_h likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Getting back to this topic, the latest thing to have people losing their **** over the slightest little thing would be these random photos of bell and tmo inventory systems that clearly indicate completely official announcements of prices regardless of the fact they are that clearly placeholders that they don't include a model name of any kind.
    jesse_h likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,050 Global Posts

Default Re: Rumors rumors rumors..... Setting yourself up for disappointment

What I want it to have is a fast decent browser primarily. That is the "app" I most care about. A browser that performs about like a PC browser. I hate mobile web pages, because they are usually stripped of functions I need. Especially when doing banking. For example the Citi banking. No app for BB and my current 9810 forces me to use the crippled mobile page with any browser that runs on it. There is things on there that the mobile page simply doesn't include.
    I used to be able to get the full page some time ago, but they changed stuff and now it redirects me to mobile no matter what. And I KNOW the 9810 can do it.
    This is things I want.
    Waterloo's Finest

Global Posts
    5,635 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ralfyguy View Post
    What I want it to have is a fast decent browser primarily. That is the "app" I most care about. A browser that performs about like a PC browser. I hate mobile web pages, because they are usually stripped of functions I need. Especially when doing banking. For example the Citi banking. No app for BB and my current 9810 forces me to use the crippled mobile page with any browser that runs on it. There is things on there that the mobile page simply doesn't include.
    I used to be able to get the full page some time ago, but they changed stuff and now it redirects me to mobile no matter what. And I KNOW the 9810 can do it.
    This is things I want.
    The browser will be performing about like a PC browser. According the scores, it will be even more HTML5 compliant then all desktop browsers
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    7,552 Global Posts

I'm just hoping that RIM isn't putting on a big show on the 30th, just to tell us that after our long wait for BB10, we'll have to wait over an additional month or more and pay much more than a similarly spec'd phone. The media will kill them and the many people that waited will be upset and you'll start to hear "Same old RIM" thrown around all over the place. Sorry but RIM has dug a hole for itself and really doesn't need to create any additional bad news or ill will towards them.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by SK122387 View Post
    Well, with what I HAVE seen from RIM (whether it be videos on their YouTube channel showing BB10 and how the UI looks, or the leaked pictures of the Z10), all I can say is that even if Instagram, Netflix and Skype are missing, the Z10 will STILL be my next phone (I have an iPod touch and a Mac Book Pro for all that). I am impressed with the screen size and resolution, the time shift camera, the predictive keyboard, and the look of the phone. So any rumors of anything extra will just be the icing on the cake.
    And if RIM can get more people to agree with you, they will get around the app gap issue.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    165 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by magutwit View Post
    I think I understand what Italiannyc is talking about. I can speak for France and for myself : Doctissimo (a big French portal and forum platform), Beauté-Test, Vogue, le Figaro or Challenges (magazines), Talking Tom or Pocoyo or Dora or whaterver, this is nothing like Skype or Instagram, but I'd like to have all of this and it's very frustrating that everyone can have have all of it as much as they want, but not the BB users. It's not the end of the world, I agree, one can go on a forum (like Doctissimo or Beauté-Test) on a real pc, idem for the media, one can turn on youtube with pocoyo rather than Pocoyo application (which is different), but all of it is simply frustrating...and I understand that Italiannyc can be just happy not to be frustrated every time he finds out that the app he'd like to have isn't available for his phone.
    P.S. I read a lot of press and there are regular articles on "The best new iPhone applications to find out", "The most interesting Android applications to discover", "Our top of original applications for Android", "The Top of useful iPhone applications" : it never stops, the apps look really great and you really want to test them, but they are always available to iPhone/Android.

It's not about that particular app everyone has to have like Skype, it's about lots of new apps people discover and discuss.
    Great post, and you are completely right. Also, it would be extremely frustrating if a good game or app is on apple and android that my friends play or use together, just to find out that blackberry does not have it. Or, blackberry has its own cool game or app, and I cant use them with anyone except someone who has a blackberry, which sadly, most people I know do not have anymore. I think people really underestimate how many people play games against their friends on their smartphones. That is why cross platform apps are extremely important. Once they tackle the app issues, I think things would be alot better and the appeal for blackberry would grow. Its risky because for the most part, you know everything on apple will be on android sooner or later, or vice versa. That is not proven on blackberry... yet
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,346 Global Posts
    PIN
    Zebra Ballpoint

It's always fun to speculate on future stuff for a bit, but anyone else other than me sticking with OS 6 or 7 for a good while yet after BB10 launches? At least we're not setting ourselves up for disappointments

Well said Jesseh. There are always complaints when something new comes out because of such extreme expectations from the part of the individual. It is at times, kind of comical
    jesse_h likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by BitPusher2600 View Post
    ...but anyone else other than me sticking with OS 6 or 7 for a good while yet after BB10 launches?
    I am. Looking for a 9900 to finish my contract with. I actually like OS7 but, of course, I want a BB10 as soon as I can upgrade. It won't be for a while but at least I'll have more choice of phones.
    For the best typing experience only one brand does it the best. That brand is BlackBerry.
    BlackBerry. Nobody likes a typo.

Check out my collection of CB and BB wallpapers
    jakie55 likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    On Pluto...available upon request

I just need a price. If that rumored $700 is the price i'm going to be disappointed the day it's released because I'm not eligible for an upgrade!
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,346 Global Posts
    PIN
    Zebra Ballpoint

I'm not sure when i'll even worry about upgrading. The Bold 9900 has every app I need or want and i'm so thoroughly satisfied with it's performance and keyboard, the speed is so fluid that I don't find myself waiting to do much of anything. I guess eventually, but why fix something that's not broke? I honest to goodness do not have one complaint about the 9900 and it's accompanying OS 7. The upcoming cost to be paid; the monthly phone bill, that's it
    eddy_berry likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

One edge that I wish we had was the front facing camera from the dev A.... Wish that was a rumour
    sadly gonna have to disagree with ya.

dev alpha A - 3mp EDOF camera (think 9900)
    dev alpha B - 2mp auto focus camera.

as im sure you understand, i could find many hundreds of threads from the 9900 forums validating their choice to move from EDOF back to auto focus lol

Thorsten said ZED 10. deal with it
    My Apps in BlackBerry World
    My Platinum 9900

For all my themes - BBThemes.co.uk and follow me on @BBThemes1
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    125 Global Posts

Off Topic....qbnkelt..I liked your other picture better than this one....FYI
    Harold C.
    St. Peters, Mo 63376

Global Posts
    10,200 Global Posts
    PIN
    Hey, what did you expect ?

By the time "apps" (maybe excl. games) will be ported on whatever platform, HTML5 driven apps will spread the web.
    It's not a forecast, it's a solid trend. W3C specifications are now final and all the web planet is struggling to avoid their traffic falling into "mobile devices" app-driven model. You can read it like this : "Internet, updated with HTML5, may become the biggest (hosted) application delivery system, with a brand new revenues distribution model". How would you fight against massive distribution systems, like in "use whatever we have in our catalog for as less as $xx.yy a year (day/week/month/quarter), independently of the deviceS type/brand/OS you hold" ?

That's my take, and I believe it's going to be very palpable withing 6 months.
    Join my BBM Channel : C00035FA6
    "I speak English like a Spanish Cow"
    I'm a StockBerrian, proudly holding 50 150 250 400 550 1000 BlackBerry shares
    Retired CrackBerry Ambassador

Global Posts
    19,745 Global Posts
    PIN
    nahhhhh.....

Quote Originally Posted by PestPro View Post
    Off Topic....qbnkelt..I liked your other picture better than this one....FYI
    Aaaaawwwwww.......no love for the monochromatic pic?????

Ok.....let's not get in trouble.......but displeasure noted.

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and good with ketchup
    "When debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser" - Socrates
    iMore Ambassador
    Blacklatino likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,810 Global Posts

There's always some truth to rumors... if we were to do a study on all the rumors since 3 years back in regards to the Z10... L-Series... London, it would be eye opening to see how much actually came true. After you've been following smartphones for a while, it gets easier to decipher what might be true and what's straight fake.
    Don't be afraid to LIKE or say THANKS

BlackBerry Experience: BB Curve 8330 >> BB Bold 9000 >> BB Curve 3G 9300 >> BB Bold 9900 >> BB Classic (PRE-ORDERED)
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,363 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by magutwit View Post

I think Kevin spoke to some of this with his quick video from CES. He said RIM had been approaching local devs - depending on your geographic region there are apps you want that others have no use for. His example was a Tim Hortons app, which is useful in Canada, not so much in France I would think. He also mentioned banking apps. So my hope from that is that a lot of these 70,000 apps we are hearing about are those useful regional apps.
    I also find it frustrating to constantly see 'try our app' only to have it be apple or android and no bb option.
    Power corrupts. Knowledge is power.
    Study hard. Be evil.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,637 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CairnsRock View Post
    This is a Rumors forum. It's a fun thing. Just go with the flow and a liberal pinch of salt.
    Alas, many people don't. I'll bet when RIM doesn't announce BlackBerry 10's immediate availability for PlayBook on January 30th, people will be bemoaning how RIM broke their promise (again). Even though RIM didn't make said promise ...
    Blacklatino likes this.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast