Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree41Likes
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,091 Global Posts

Don't be confused by what some would have you believe, wait for Jan 30 2013 and you & me can revisit this.
    Quote Originally Posted by notafanboy View Post
    But the one million subs is real, im just quoting from the quarterly results. It is your number that's speculative. You're probably thinking that there's a huge pent up demand for new Blackberry devices and you're right. But if there were as you say one million people with blackberries waiting for January to upgrade, guess what, those people will not add to the subscriber count.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Not directly related but i'd love a metasys app for my PlayBook
    CrackBerry Master

Default [RUMOR] Johnson Controls is phasing out Blackberry!

Android is just a malware nightmare waiting to happen. One good security breach on iOS and android people will wake up.

Everything is roses till that one time
    **** hits the fan.
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,062 Global Posts

Default [RUMOR] Johnson Controls is phasing out Blackberry!

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyBC View Post
    Android is just a malware nightmare waiting to happen. One good security breach on iOS and android people will wake up.

Everything is roses till that one time
    **** hits the fan.
    One can avoid that by not downloading shady apps...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    613 Global Posts

Default Re: [RUMOR] Johnson Controls is phasing out Blackberry!

You wish.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

I can confirm that I also received the internal IT mail from JCI in Europe, I have no idea how many employees it affects, 1 in 50 I would guess. I am miffed as I have 2. PlayBooks and was looking forward to a BB10 now I will have to consider going back to Nokia Windows phone rather than drink the Apple 'Coolaid'
    Tim, BB convert from Nokia although still love my N900, Torch, Curve 2 PB 32 & 64GB

Tell me and I will forget. Show me and I will remember. Involve me and I will understand.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by dynot View Post
    Actually, I'm not surprised by this news. How many companies out there are willing to spend more money on upgrading to BES10 and buying new BB10 devices for a platform that is perceived as dying out.
    Unsure the more money is accurate. We're already running BES 10 (and BB 10) and doing the math we will save a lot of money moving to BES 10 over something like Good Technology.

The server costs are baseline so if I have another VM server for BES 10 or another MDM it's not relevant. What is relevant is BES 10 can support unlimited users. The old 2,000 users per box are removed. Good Technology cannot even support 1,000 users per server. I'll have to dig up MobileIron and AirWatch specs but it's not unlimited.

Next you have CAL cost. RIM is allowing any company with legacy BES to move to BES 10 CAL for FREE. Considering you likely had users move to other mobile platforms I bet a lot of companies are sitting on unused BES CAL that can now be reused. Other MDM's your looking at $100+ per CAL per device. That adds up. For iOS / Android support RIM's cost are half the current market CAL.

Whats unknown is the incentives RIM will have to drive BB10 adoption. I can bet they'll do special incentives for their large customers.

BB10 is solid. Balance works quite nicely and BES 10 has features built in that other MDM charge extra for. People need to stop focusing on consumer wants as the same as enterprise needs. The key Apps used by enterprise are all there. I'm pretty sure if a corporate App is not and a company has 1,000 BB10 devices you'll see efforts to get on BB.

RIM is not dying, that has been Pro Apple fans beating that bush for the past year. It's all a market share rush as all these vendors known RIM has their crap together now. It's quite like Rocky II and Apollo Creed learned the same lesson Apple and Google are about to (joking on a Sat). But really RIM has really put a lot of thought and work into BB 10 and BES 10. They've listened to consumers and enterprise about what and how they use mobile solutions and have provided that. Maybe you'll see some take a wait and see approach but I like what I'm seeing right now.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123