Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree70Likes
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,620 Global Posts
    PIN
    Wouldn't you like to know

Default Re: RUMOR: Delay in BB10 launch?

Quote Originally Posted by thekidshop View Post
    I wouldn't belive a fucn thing from thoes idiots working in carrier stores half them don't know there *** from a hole in the ground , there just min wage slaves floging phones for carriers. Wait untill 30 th , then specutalte.

Sorry for the rant , it just makes me sick I was at my phone store just a week ago and the ***** behind the count was with a customer who had a cuve and was given a credit to upgrade and he goes into his speal about god dam iphone , no mention what so ever about BB 10 I was so close to flipping out at this ****, I'm done lol
    Well this "know nothing minimum wage ***** who doesn't know her *** from a hole in the ground" (charming) took shipment of our BB10 demo phone sim card in preparation of the arrival of the phone. Those usually come a couple of weeks prior to the actual phone.

Not that you'll care or believe me, as apparently I'm some lower life form than you.

I had to get the red SGS3...garnet is my birthstone! Excuses sent via Tapatalk 2
    JAGWIRE likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,272 Global Posts
    PIN
    Wooden Shoe Like to Know;)

Quote Originally Posted by reeneebob View Post
    Well this "know nothing minimum wage ***** who doesn't know her *** from a hole in the ground" (charming) took shipment of our BB10 demo phone sim card in preparation of the arrival of the phone. Those usually come a couple of weeks prior to the actual phone.

Not that you'll care or believe me, as apparently I'm some lower life form than you.

I had to get the red SGS3...garnet is my birthstone! Excuses sent via Tapatalk 2
    In defense, they said half. Looks like you are in the other half.
    Nothing is so common as is the goal to be remarkable
    reeneebob likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fotyc View Post
    I was just at my local franchised AT&T store getting a peek at, well, an Android phone I'm considering, and asked if they'd have the BB10 devices when they launched so I could get a peek at them too. The guy said that he'd heard a day or two ago that the launch was going to be pushed back. His source was "a friend who is crazy about Blackberries." I have not seen anything anywhere except full-steam-ahead promos from RIM so this guy can't be right... right? That would be a Very Bad Thing for RIM.
    I for one don't believe that the BB10 launch will be delayed. Also "a friend who is crazy about blackberries" is not a reliable source. Just look at the activities taking place. Launch events scheduled in 6 international cities, press releases, port-a-thons, carriers accepting reservations for BB10's, etc. The BB10 launch is only 6 days away. The train is rolling and there is no stopping it.
    IPod Touch, IPhone4, IPhone4S, IPad2, 16GB Playbook, 32GB Playbook, Blackberry 9800 Torch, Blackberry Z10, BlackBerry Q10, BlackBerry Passport, Samsung Galaxy Note 8' Tablet
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #29  

Quote Originally Posted by digitalman101 View Post
    To be honest, the ATT sales person showed lack of profissionalism. How can he quote an unofissional source when representing oficially ATT? Basically, he is spreading a rumour...
    True - I thought it would be a good thing to show interest in seeing the new BBs, if nobody's interested and asking then how do they know there'll be demand. Not sure why he was so ready to dismiss.
    CrackBerry Master

I'm pretty sure with 10 simultaneous events going on around the world we would have heard about the launch being delayed by now. As to when the phones will be available, from what I understand that's entirely down to the carriers, so any delay in that regard is the responsibility of the carriers themselves.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    938 Global Posts

The current launch "date" is Q1. In order for it to be delayed it must launch April at the earliest. A lot of people would hate RIM if they went up on the stages on January 30 and let people know that it will be 2+ months until BB10 actually comes out, and a lot (though certainly not all) of that hate could be avoided if they just clarified the January 30 event to be an unveiling of new features in the OS rather than a launch, and since it is still called a launch event and RIM continually refers to how BB10 will launch on January 30, I highly doubt that it is April or later until it's out. My estimate would be January 30 to February 21, but I don't really need to upgrade my phone anytime soon, so I can wait.
    CrackBerry User

Too funny! The date has been announced for the preview on the 30th! Then the dates for product dates will follow quickly after! Any moron would know this! Has the salesperson heard of the internet?? Like really!

Global Posts
    6,620 Global Posts
    PIN

Quote Originally Posted by potatoheadguy View Post
    Too funny! The date has been announced for the preview on the 30th! Then the dates for product dates will follow quickly after! Any moron would know this! Has the salesperson heard of the internet?? Like really!
    Its not unheard of. Look at the launch of the Palm Pre.

Global Posts
    32,295 Global Posts
    PIN
    By request.

When it comes to releases and phone information, in general, one of the last resources I even consider is a post from someone who heard it from a store rep who heard it from a friend who ..... I'm just say'n. A delay would have gotten out and become a groundswell of anger in about seven nanoseconds. I've seen too many of these 'stories' to get worked up on such a thing.
    See a problem? Click the report button and tell us what it is!
    Devices: SPH-A620/VGA 1000, Sanyo Katana, BlackBerry 8330, 9630, 9670, MB855 Photon, SPH-L710 Galaxy SIII. SPH-L720T* Galaxy S4
    Bacon is the duct tape for food!
    Blacklatino likes this.

Global Posts
    32,295 Global Posts
    PIN
    By request.

Quote Originally Posted by reeneebob View Post
    Its not unheard of. Look at the launch of the Palm Pre.

Egads! That's one I'd rather not...that was a mixed bag of fish. I remember all the threads announcing it as an iPhone and a BlackBerry 'killer'. Like they say in Nawluns, 'Who dat?'
    See a problem? Click the report button and tell us what it is!
    Devices: SPH-A620/VGA 1000, Sanyo Katana, BlackBerry 8330, 9630, 9670, MB855 Photon, SPH-L710 Galaxy SIII. SPH-L720T* Galaxy S4
    Bacon is the duct tape for food!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts

Guys, guys, I TOTALLY heard a really scary rumor. A friend of a friend who used to sell Palm Pres on MetroPCS told me that HP is buying RIM and canceling BB10... instead they're releasing the Palm Pre VX running Symbian Anna! And BES will be shut down tomorrow at 2:38 PM, Iceland time! He has a very reliable source who broke the story on the availability of the Incipio case for the Bold 9900 back in 2011... do you think this is true?!?
    Banned

Global Posts
    858 Global Posts
    PIN
    5028A10E

yeah I would say "launch" and date devices available depend on carrier
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts

Never believe a Sales person. A few weeks ago I was in a carrier store when a guy came in with his teenage daughter. She liked her BB Curve but it broke (not sure what she did, but the thing was in pieces). They were coming in to get a replacement & wanted another BB.Sales person said RIM had gone bankrupt & they were no longer making phones. If he got his daughter a new BB it would soon stop working. The Sales guy then went into a big story about how RIM had to keep their BIS services running for legal reasons, but were expected to soon get a judge to let them turn them off. I couldn't believe the BS that was coming out of his mouth....though I must say, even though I knew EVERYTHING he was saying was a lie, he did sound very convincing.

The guy & his daughter walked out the store with a Galaxy S3

Trust a cellphone sales person as much as you trust a used car salesman.
    Some are good, a lot are bad.....

Global Posts
    6,620 Global Posts
    PIN

:banghead:

CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,333 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thekidshop View Post
    I wouldn't belive a fucn thing from thoes idiots working in carrier stores half them don't know there *** from a hole in the ground , there just min wage slaves floging phones for carriers. Wait untill 30 th , then specutalte.

Sorry for the rant , it just makes me sick I was at my phone store just a week ago and the ***** behind the count was with a customer who had a cuve and was given a credit to upgrade and he goes into his speal about god dam iphone , no mention what so ever about BB 10 I was so close to flipping out at this ****, I'm done lol
    I can understand your unrest but as a person who has worked in a Bell dealer store and sold phones in the past I take these comments to heart. Yes you did say you were sorry for the rant but that doesn't really help. There are many people out there that work in at the stores that are there strictly for the money. They learn what they need to sell and that's all, thinking that its a job not a career. As a Bell rep i researched all phones we carried and I promoted the best one for the customer not the best one for my pay check. Like i previously stated there are many people out there that do not share this mind set but there are some. Please remember this next time when you take a bite out of retail workers, its a very difficult field.
    Back from the depths!!!
    9000>>9950>>8530>>9810>>Z10>>iPhone 5>>Z10
    Thanked by 2:
    jonno_atamaniuk (01-24-2013),  reeneebob (01-24-2013) 
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,333 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BBPandy View Post
    Never believe a Sales person. A few weeks ago I was in a carrier store when a guy came in with his teenage daughter. She liked her BB Curve but it broke (not sure what she did, but the thing was in pieces). They were coming in to get a replacement & wanted another BB.Sales person said RIM had gone bankrupt & they were no longer making phones. If he got his daughter a new BB it would soon stop working. The Sales guy then went into a big story about how RIM had to keep their BIS services running for legal reasons, but were expected to soon get a judge to let them turn them off. I couldn't believe the BS that was coming out of his mouth....though I must say, even though I knew EVERYTHING he was saying was a lie, he did sound very convincing.

I take it you didn't jump in a correct the sales person? Personally Ive corrected many cell phone sales people. Many of them are just in it for the money and don't properly research the current state of the cell phone market, they just listen to rumor and speculation. I feel not correcting the sales person and letting them lie, even unwillingly if that was the case, to the customer like that makes you just as bad as them.
    Back from the depths!!!
    jonno_atamaniuk likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BBPandy View Post

Like someone said you should have step in and correct the sales person, i would have and told them that Samsung was getting sued and they might not be able to sell anymore SGS3, lol
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,333 Global Posts

Ive found that many people, including myself from time to time, are calling Jan.30th the "Launch Date" of BB10. This is a little bit of a misnomer. January 30th is when RIM is going to publicly give pictures, prices, and walk threw. It is a launch as in being formally announced not launched to carriers. After the 30th we are still going to have to continue to count down until each of our carriers receive the phones. RIM has gone on the record saying that they will hit carriers within 30days of the launch.
    Back from the depths!!!
    Thanked by:
    lactose (01-24-2013) 
    reeneebob likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts

Just a note to everyone.
    If RIM annocess that the BB10 will be avaliable at the beginning of March and the carriers delay it for 2 months or more, i think they will be cutting there own throat.
    So EVERYONE lets wait until Jan. 30/13 @ 10am and find out.

Global Posts
    10,752 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me. :)

Quote Originally Posted by fotyc View Post
    I was just at my local franchised AT&T store getting a peek at, well, an Android phone I'm considering, and asked if they'd have the BB10 devices when they launched so I could get a peek at them too. The guy said that he'd heard a day or two ago that the launch was going to be pushed back. His source was "a friend who is crazy about Blackberries." I have not seen anything anywhere except full-steam-ahead promos from RIM so this guy can't be right... right? That would be a Very Bad Thing for RIM.
    ......and that is not only how rumors get started, but, also how they are spread. Nothing against you. Happens all the time on here and at least this one is not another "RIM Is Really Going Under This Time."
    Old ZEN Saying: "Be master of mind rather than mastered by mind." / Yes, Anger Management does work. 5th time is the charm./ My Zin: I can't help everyone....but, I can help someone./ Shh...Mrs. Peevers' biggest fan. / BB10 OS Archives
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    883 Global Posts

Rogers Has them for release First or Second Week of February.. Then the Rest of the world will follow.

That is the truth...
    --- Sent From Mobile Device While on the Can! ---
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,169 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adrenaline_x View Post
    5 to 10 days after the announcement in canada the device will ship / be available.

Right from the Rim Rep at the BB 10 intro at Rogers on monday.
    FYI - RIM always speaks in terms of business days not calendar days; this is standard corporate CYA practise.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,169 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blacklatino View Post
    ......and that is not only how rumors get started, but, also how they are spread. Nothing against you. Happens all the time on here and at least this one is not another "RIM Is Really Going Under This Time."
    But my contact inside RIM told me that (and I quote), "Thorsten will be going down on BlackBerry 10 during the launch event." I asked for clarification only to be met with laughter.

Global Posts
    6,620 Global Posts
    PIN

Quote Originally Posted by JAGWIRE View Post
    I can understand your unrest but as a person who has worked in a Bell dealer store and sold phones in the past I take these comments to heart. Yes you did say you were sorry for the rant but that doesn't really help. There are many people out there that work in at the stores that are there strictly for the money. They learn what they need to sell and that's all, thinking that its a job not a career. As a Bell rep i researched all phones we carried and I promoted the best one for the customer not the best one for my pay check. Like i previously stated there are many people out there that do not share this mind set but there are some. Please remember this next time when you take a bite out of retail workers, its a very difficult field.
    You and me both, my friend.

Thanked by 2:
    JAGWIRE (01-26-2013),  jonno_atamaniuk (01-25-2013) 
    jonno_atamaniuk likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

No one knows how long after the launch party until the phones will actually be available. When it comes to salespeople, it's not about the right product for you, it's about the product for you right now. You are indicating that secret knowledge exists but speculators are not aware of it. That is rare. Normally, the converse is true... you can divine that secret knowledge exists because of a move in a stock..
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast