Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
Like Tree123Likes
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,349 Global Posts
    PIN
    @getdjmac

Quote Originally Posted by Shanerredflag View Post
    Is it just me or "all they show is commercials" then wait forever to load segment?
    Only one commercial for me 15/30 seconds long.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,349 Global Posts
    PIN
    @getdjmac

Quote Originally Posted by GTiLeo View Post
    the thing is he was one of them, he was one of them that said if BB10 fails then RIM is doomed and will have to sell, now he gets the info about BES10 and changes his toon, we have known about this information for months and he's just telling this now. he never did his research on BB10 or what RIM has in store for the release, no analyst has they simply just go along with the doom and gloom things that are around.

those that have followed RIM and BB10s development have know about this things for far longer and have seen the potential in what RIM is doing and that if BB10 wasn't a hit that RIm would be forced to shred the company, the truth is RIM is in a place finacially that even if BB10 fails they can still supply smaller services such as BES10 and QNX CAR 2 with their NOC. this said even if BB10 isn't a hit with others us BlackBerry fans will still amount to small sales in smartphones for RIM so shrinking their production and supplying limited quantities is a real possibility and a way to make smaller revenues from hardware while focusing more on their software and services business

i totally agree he should just suck it up and admit he was wrong
    Once this whole saga/chapter is complete, I for one will look back and realize, I was just schooled in the ways of Wall Street. In a way that no university class could school me!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,349 Global Posts
    PIN
    @getdjmac

Quote Originally Posted by GTiLeo View Post
    which is not likely going to happen, the BB10 launch won't cost $3 billion and the fact that they are still trying to trim the fat off the company and sell devices al ready paid for is just another form of cash flow that the company will bring in, may not be alot but it is still funds in the bank for RIM and another reason they won't bow out
    The very fact we have to continue to explain these things, with the current condition RIM is in. Is a testament to the hatchet job the analysts and media did to RIM in the past!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,349 Global Posts
    PIN
    @getdjmac

Quote Originally Posted by cjcampbell View Post
    Yes, Misek is an A$$ but he's no dummy. We all have it out for him, for obvious reasons, but he is not a lone guy out there in the market. He is the face of a large company. He is there to promote what he's told to promote. Why would Jeffery's let him go all asinine if it wasn't approved by the top boys? The company has it's interest's and he convey's them.

Now, Yes, I bet they are HEAVILY invested in AAPL and were telling their clients to go that route and RIMM was a bad choice. That would make them money, and for a while, and a long while at that, that was the smart bet. He tried (and by he, I mean they) to keep it that way. Unfortunately for them, the market spoke back and said "no! RIMM( and RIM.TO) are good and AAPL has let us down so we want something new, something different and something to give us returns" This is why they've changed their tune. The market is speaking and screwing them up. They have no choice but to change. That's the nature of the beast.

What I'm trying to get at is that one "face" of a firm doesn't make the real decisions. They are there to convey the company beliefs. You can either win or lose, but there are people and computers behind everything they say. The people part is what makes the real difference. The fact that he said "if successful, it will be at" mid $50's is a really good sign, considering just 2 months ago, Jeffrey's had the stock at $5.
    If the wall Street power brokers could have crushed RIM and had them sold off a year ago, that would have been another feather in their cap! they would not care, The blame would be RIM's Thats the market! Their attempts were not successful. Now as you stated, they simply have to move on. Wiggling their way back to the Bull side!!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,349 Global Posts
    PIN
    @getdjmac

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaB View Post
    I find it interesting no one has mentioned that he casually throws in the possible retail price of $600?

That would be good news imo...

Secondly, as to the issue of stock price... As a recent owner of RIMM, imo the only thing that would cause a downturn in the price (besides/before Q4 earnings report) would be any news that's perceived as "negative" from BB10 launch event on Jan. 30. Honestly, I'm not too concerned about app availability or the rest of the performance of the phone- we see what it can do and what RIM has been doing for and with developers. Now my biggest question/concern is if the majority of people know that the phones aren't actually "launching" that day. In other words, when they come out and announce phones will be available in 2-3 weeks, which is what Crackberry already knows and expects, will the market see this as a negative? or do y'all think that is that already priced into the stock??
    Let me take a stab at this for you.
    $600 Sounds reasonable, I too hope they don't price to high.
    Q4 should not be a big deal in the stock price, Unless its better than expected! everyone knows its not expected to be good. I personally believe it may be better than what Misek believes as selling BB10 into the channel should have already taken place. To what degree we'll see.
    On the actual date that the phones are in people hands. I see a positive outcome here. If not at this point its not going to hurt the stock that much as its sure to be soon. Plus the market is about to understand what all RIM is bringing to the table. Outside of just phones. This again should be another positive!
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaB View Post
    Now my biggest question/concern is if the majority of people know that the phones aren't actually "launching" that day. In other words, when they come out and announce phones will be available in 2-3 weeks, which is what Crackberry already knows and expects, will the market see this as a negative? or do y'all think that is that already priced into the stock??
    How about if that turns out to be one of the surprises and they announce that carriers in x countries will have it in stock from the 31st Jan.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Maybe I am a bit over zealous, but I think the RIM shares could go back to over $40 if the BB10 and the new models take off. I put in a reserve to buy 2 of the BB10 for my myself and my wife. We have three Play Book tablets for over a year now. They have been working great.
    Jerry G.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I think at the beginning it may be difficult to get more users to switch back from the other competitors. BB has been sort of behind the others in the look and the way their phones work. When Apple first came out with their touch screen phone it took a while for RIM to respond with theirs called the Storm. It used a tactile touch screen which was not easy to use when compared to the competitors. Also, the first generation of Storm phones were sort of buggy. I had three of them fail on me during the first several months I had the Storm.

I like the Blackberry bold series because of its simplicity, ease of writing long text messages, the strong security, excellent phone performance, and its high quality. All my family and in my business we only use Blackberry phones. Another big plus is all their phone products are compatible to the accessories.

A major competitor keeps changing their connection interface, and designs their phones to not be downward compatible. Their quality is not very great, their phones are very fragile and do mechanically fail often, and yet the people love them. It`s the software and games that turns on the users. I tried some of the competition phones for a short period of time. I will stick with Blackberry as long as they are around.

Jerry G.
    Jerry G.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,691 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jerryg50 View Post
    Maybe I am a bit over zealous, but I think the RIM shares could go back to over $40 if the BB10 and the new models take off. I put in a reserve to buy 2 of the BB10 for my myself and my wife. We have three Play Book tablets for over a year now. They have been working great.
    if it takes off, it will be far above $40!!
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    24F19D14

i bought when they hit the 14.68$...
    But i have read they maybe could reacht the 40$ point this year... so
    thats fine to buy a few z or x series
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Jerryg50 View Post
    I think at the beginning it may be difficult to get more users to switch back from the other competitors.
    If people are firmly switched over to ios or android then those will be tough to switch back, but I think there is actually a fair amount that moved who still really like blackberry, but just weren't happy with it in a number of areas and if those are addressed by bb10 then you will start to see some of those return, but in the short term the success of bb10 will come from converting over as many of those 79 million existing users over to the new platform as quickly as possible.
    Banned

Business Day PM : January 18, 2013

What I found interesting was that through a joke he was telling the truth that hedge funds who are short were calling him to yell and call him names about ungrading RIM. He also pointed out these hedge funds could suffer serious losses of 40-50% or greater. I don't think any short covering has happened yet and I'm willing to bet the numbers have even gone higher. I can only imagine how much these hedge funds have paid shills to write up fake bad articles on RIM?
    CrackBerry Addict

My personal observation; people are loyal to apple. Noone is loyal to android.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by drummer_god View Post
    My personal observation; people are loyal to apple. Noone is loyal to android.
    To expand on that, people are very loyal to Apple. The remaining customer base for RIM is also very loyal. Android customers seem to be very loyal to the idea of buying anything that isn't Apple.
    NinjaB and jakie55 like this.
    CrackBerry Addict

I think android users just cannot afford apple, and so they buy the knock-off.

Of course, an android user will never admit that is the reason, so to save face, they say its cause they dis-like apple, or because its customizable or some other BS.

They are the people that used to own low-end blackberry phones. When RIM pissed off everyone, those people switched to low-end iPhones aka android.

These people will buy the low-end BB10 devices when they hit the market.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by drummer_god View Post
    I think android users just cannot afford apple, and so they buy the knock-off.

Of course, an android user will never admit that is the reason, so to save face, they say its cause they dis-like apple, or because its customizable or some other BS.
    Considering your overly blinkered view about android and android users, would I be right in thinking you own an ios device as the stuff you have just spouted sounds very much like the sort of thing that gets parroted by apple fanboys who often seem incapable of believing that anyone could possibly find things like customisation etc. to be useful or important.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345