- 01-18-2013, 07:48 PM #79
He's on record saying Verizon created Android
He's on record saying the carriers want a 3rd platform
If the carriers want RIM to win that can't hurt
With all the verticals that are about to pop this guy is still behind the curve!
- 01-18-2013, 08:35 PM #82
- 01-18-2013, 11:13 PM #85
- CrackBerry Genius
01-19-2013, 05:45 AM #87
- 2,276 Posts
those that have followed RIM and BB10s development have know about this things for far longer and have seen the potential in what RIM is doing and that if BB10 wasn't a hit that RIm would be forced to shred the company, the truth is RIM is in a place finacially that even if BB10 fails they can still supply smaller services such as BES10 and QNX CAR 2 with their NOC. this said even if BB10 isn't a hit with others us BlackBerry fans will still amount to small sales in smartphones for RIM so shrinking their production and supplying limited quantities is a real possibility and a way to make smaller revenues from hardware while focusing more on their software and services business
i totally agree he should just suck it up and admit he was wrong
- 01-19-2013, 08:57 AM #88
RIM is start to lead again and the rest are just staring at the Bellybuttons.
- CrackBerry Abuser
01-19-2013, 09:50 AM #89
- 128 Posts
His (short term) target on the stock is $19.50
He came up with that as a weighted average based on a target of $56 if successful at a 30% chance, total failure with value of 0 at a 45% chance, and failure+takeover as a share value of $10.80 with a 25% chance.
30% x $56.00 = $16.80
25% x $10.80 = $ 2.70
45% x $0 = $ 0.
At the time he released this, RIM had closed at $14.91 . We're not going to know until January 30th which of his possible scenarios is most likely to occur (and for that matter assuming a successful launch not until the next earnings report how accurate the $56 portion of the target is). Right now it's a gamble based on belief as to how successful things will be, and which outcome you personally believe to be correct. The average outcome has a stock price 31% higher then the price at that time... In the market, price goes up.
- 01-19-2013, 10:15 AM #90
- CrackBerry Master
01-19-2013, 10:30 AM #91
- 1,311 Posts
I think RIM could come out with apps that allow people who don't have BB phones to access their BBM app for a monthly fee. They could even tier it so that if you just want texting, you pay $1 or $2/month. If you want video, you pay more since it uses more resources.
- CrackBerry Master
01-19-2013, 10:38 AM #92
- 1,247 Posts
Re: [RUMOR BOMB INSIDE] Jefferies Upgrades RIM (RIMM)
Last night I was talking to a friend of mine who is an embedded engineer and surprised to know they use QNX , another surprising thing is that they pay 15 grand for 1 license. All this conversation started when I started explaining about bb10 and QNX and my friend was not aware that QNX is at the core of BB10.
Last edited by sf49ers; 01-19-2013 at 11:34 AM.
- 01-19-2013, 11:06 AM #95Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
the 50K CrackBerry challenge
I'm no more qualified to say so because I own a BlackBerry
- CrackBerry Genius
01-19-2013, 12:56 PM #96
- 2,276 Posts
- 01-19-2013, 03:27 PM #97
The problem with Misek is that he doesn't understand technology. He fails to see that the smartphone is simply part of a broad array of smart devices that will be part of our lives for the next century. RIM gets it and that is why they are capturing people's imaginations. Further, he has a real blind spot for Apple. I will admit that Apple has some real strengths in the area of Apps and consumer support but iOS is simple not on the category with BB10. My god, BB10 is running runs circles around iOS. This is important when you think of Asia. Are the Chinese really going to buy iPhones that use a outdated 8 year old OS when they can have the new slick BB10. They are certainly smoking something in California.
- 01-19-2013, 03:53 PM #98
Now, Yes, I bet they are HEAVILY invested in AAPL and were telling their clients to go that route and RIMM was a bad choice. That would make them money, and for a while, and a long while at that, that was the smart bet. He tried (and by he, I mean they) to keep it that way. Unfortunately for them, the market spoke back and said "no! RIMM( and RIM.TO) are good and AAPL has let us down so we want something new, something different and something to give us returns" This is why they've changed their tune. The market is speaking and screwing them up. They have no choice but to change. That's the nature of the beast.
What I'm trying to get at is that one "face" of a firm doesn't make the real decisions. They are there to convey the company beliefs. You can either win or lose, but there are people and computers behind everything they say. The people part is what makes the real difference. The fact that he said "if successful, it will be at" mid $50's is a really good sign, considering just 2 months ago, Jeffrey's had the stock at $5.
- 01-19-2013, 05:51 PM #99
I find it interesting no one has mentioned that he casually throws in the possible retail price of $600?
That would be good news imo...
Secondly, as to the issue of stock price... As a recent owner of RIMM, imo the only thing that would cause a downturn in the price (besides/before Q4 earnings report) would be any news that's perceived as "negative" from BB10 launch event on Jan. 30. Honestly, I'm not too concerned about app availability or the rest of the performance of the phone- we see what it can do and what RIM has been doing for and with developers. Now my biggest question/concern is if the majority of people know that the phones aren't actually "launching" that day. In other words, when they come out and announce phones will be available in 2-3 weeks, which is what Crackberry already knows and expects, will the market see this as a negative? or do y'all think that is that already priced into the stock??Nokia classic brick! ---> LG flip >-----> BB Curve 8300 ---> Curve 8900 -----> Bold 9700 -----> Torch 9810 >--->----->-------> Z10!! (July '13) STL100-3 on 10.2.1.2141?! ...don't even know what to call it cuz it's like a brand new phone.
- 01-19-2013, 06:09 PM #100
Classic move at this point! easy to spot. He's not sure that the consumer will buy in. This shows he only focuses in certain areas of the business IMO. Not mentioning ANY of the emerging laterals that we know are upon us! Thats are que.
- By Superfly_FR in forum News & RumorsReplies: 79Last Post: 12-16-2012, 07:12 AM
- By Superfly_FR in forum News & RumorsReplies: 56Last Post: 05-11-2012, 09:59 AM
- By manofice in forum News & RumorsReplies: 6Last Post: 03-13-2012, 06:50 PM
- By DocDRM in forum News & RumorsReplies: 4Last Post: 11-16-2011, 02:14 PM
- By euro2low in forum News & RumorsReplies: 10Last Post: 05-10-2011, 07:07 AM