• 1 Post By the_kid_hartford
  • 1 Post By silversun10
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default [Rumor] BB10 to be released March 1st in US

Unlocked Blackberry Z10 Available March 1

By Alexandra Leigh | More Articles

February 17, 2013

Research in Motion’s (NASDAQ:BBRY) first smartphone of 2013, the BlackBerry Z10, will not be released in the U.S. until March 1, 2013. It is already on sale in the UK, Canada, and UAE — but only versions locked into contracts. UK fans who want to get their hands on a SIM-free, unlocked version will also have to wait until March 1, when it will be available for a price tag of 534 pounds through mobile device retailer, Clove

I don't know if this reporter is confusing an unlocked release with a US release, but if true this is great news!! I'll pick up an unlocked for myself, and wait for the contract prices for the other 2 I want to pick up
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    5032340A

Quote Originally Posted by aristoftw View Post

February 17, 2013

Research in Motion’s (NASDAQ:BBRY) first smartphone of 2013, the BlackBerry Z10, will not be released in the U.S. until March 1, 2013. It is already on sale in the UK, Canada, and UAE — but only versions locked into contracts. UK fans who want to get their hands on a SIM-free, unlocked version will also have to wait until March 1, when it will be available for a price tag of 534 pounds through mobile device retailer, Clove

I don't know if this reporter is confusing an unlocked release with a US release, but if true this is great news!! I'll pick up an unlocked for myself, and wait for the contract prices for the other 2 I want to pick up
    I'll believe it when I see it, from BlackBerry and not some confused reporter.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    the tail on the donkey....

February 17, 2013

What's the source of this piece? Anyone can cut and paste an article......
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    985 Global Posts

Let's not get our hopes up based on speculation, as per the quoted article. It will do more harm than good if it doesn't pan out. What we need is a credible source.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    IPod Touch, IPhone4, IPhone4S, IPad2, 16GB Playbook, 32GB Playbook, Blackberry 9800 Torch, Blackberry Z10, BlackBerry Q10, Samsung Galaxy Note 8' Tablet
    00stryder and nquyen like this.
    CrackBerry Addict

I think if this were the actual date, we would have been able to pre-order them by now. ? I don't put any faith in that date at all, but thank you for sharing!
    CrackBerry Master

not until March 1 is true, but not until March 15 probably will be true as well as far as we know...
    CrackBerry Master

Somebody has botched the original article, ntentionally or not, by slipping in an S rather than a K as in UK.

The original article

BlackBerry Z10 unlocked satisfaction from March 1

Under: BlackBerry, Mobile Phones
    Date: February 16th, 2013

The BlackBerry Z10 has been creating a lot of attention since its recent release and it’s hardly surprising as this flagship smartphone is the first to run the new BlackBerry 10 operating system. It has already launched in the UK and Canada and comes to the US in March but it has only been available in the UK with a contract so far. The good news is that will be on sale unlocked from March 1 for those in the UK and we also have price details for you.

BlackBerry Z10 unlocked satisfaction from March 1 » Phone Reviews
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Come to think about it I don't think a major US carrier would release unlocked phones before a contract phone. Defeats their business model of locking customers into high margin service contracts.

Oh well, was nice to dream for a bit.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Could this be why all carriers are insisting on contracts as it stops people in the US from ordering phones from Canada and the UK. If Blackberry were shipping these phones in to the US via the carriers it would **** off the US carriers who incidentally are about to make it illegal to unlock a phone in the US.
    This is just all my wild speculation.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    460 Global Posts

The US release date will be announced either by BB or the carriers and the news will be carried on major blogs like AllThingsD, Engadget, etc. Why do so many of you guys continue posting amateurish speculations from these no-name sites? I mean there is literally a section in the navigation bar that reads "Gold and Silver". Forbes and Bloomberg better watch out; there's a new finance cowboy in town!

Global Posts
    9,327 Global Posts
    PIN
    Hey, what did you expect ?

Just bought one in orange FR shop with a monthly contract (no engagement required) . 519 ?. Will cost me 16 additional for unlocking.

Posted via CB10
    Join my BBM Channel : C00035FA6
    "I speak English like a Spanish Cow"
    I'm a StockBerrian, proudly holding 50 150 250 400 550 1000 BlackBerry shares

Global Posts
    9,327 Global Posts
    PIN
    Hey, what did you expect ?

Quote Originally Posted by Superfly_FR View Post
    Just bought one in orange FR shop with a monthly contract (no engagement required) . 519 ?. Will cost me 16 additional for unlocking.

Posted via CB10
    These are Euros

Posted via CB10
    Join my BBM Channel : C00035FA6
    "I speak English like a Spanish Cow"
    I'm a StockBerrian, proudly holding 50 150 250 400 550 1000 BlackBerry shares
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,246 Global Posts
    PIN
    330c56f6

Yeaah those are euros. Not ben franklins. Now if this were true... Since this is what I plan on doing... What place would sell these? Where do we get these?
    Waterloo's Finest

Global Posts
    5,324 Global Posts

I thought unlock was illegal in the states now anyway
    Phones: Nokia 5110>Nokia 3360>Siemens C56>Moto RAZR>LG Chocolate>Pearl 8100>Bold 9000 >Pearl 9100 + Bold 9900 > iPhone 4S + Z10 + Bold 9000
    Tablets: 16GB Playbook > Playbook 32GB
    __________________________________________________ _________________________

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE SEXY GIRLS IN YOGA PANTS CHANNEL

C000288CC
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    397 Global Posts

This doesn't sound very reliable to me since I bought my SIM-free unlocked Z10 on Feb 1st in the UK for 479 from Carphone Warehouse. And yet this article seems to think that it won't be available here until March 1st?

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    the tail on the donkey....

Quote Originally Posted by Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes View Post
    I thought unlock was illegal in the states now anyway
    It's illegal if done without permission of the carrier.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,820 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vespajet View Post
    It's illegal if done without permission of the carrier.
    What if the phone didn't come from the carrier that you are using?
    CrackBerry Abuser

I got a guy who knows a guy from around the way who said he knows a girl whose boyfriend's father works with a guy that has a neighbor down the street from him that said it was coming out in 2 weeks in the US at a hot dog stand near you.........
    "Every tradition constructed by human beings is subject to ossified arrogance, blinding pomposity and outright bigotry. That is true not just for Judaism, not just for Christianity, not just for Islam, it is true for secular traditions as well."

Dr. Cornel West
    revtech likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by the_kid_hartford View Post
    I got a guy who knows a guy from around the way who said he knows a girl whose boyfriend's father works with a guy that has a neighbor down the street from him that said it was coming out in 2 weeks in the US at a hot dog stand near you.........
    you have a link?
    FantomLightning likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Quote Originally Posted by kfh227 View Post
    What if the phone didn't come from the carrier that you are using?
    Then you didn't unlock one of their phones. It's a moot point right now since no US carrier offers it, so you couldn't illegally unlock one. Never mind the part about how are they ever going to enforce that unlocking rule...
    They talk about me like a dog, talkin' about the clothes I wear
    But they don't realize they're the ones who's square.