Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by Nindia View Post
    I get where Greg is coming from. The US moves the share price more than any other country. Hypothetically speaking, if the UK and Canada were to get it in March and USA had Z10 availability for today, I doubt the stock would've crumbled the way it did yesterday.

I'm expecting another downer day followed by hopefully an uptick going into the weekend.
    Oh yeah, I agree that the US will have a disproportionate impact in the short term. However, due to similar potential sales volumes, it will make no difference in terms of their next couple of earnings reports whether the US or UK/Canada had the phone first. That may provide some opportunities to get stock at a reasonable price if you have a favourable opinion about their longer term prospects.
    CrackBerry Master

I just looked it, Pre-Market: 13.17
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    32FE97BA

Quote Originally Posted by greggebhardt View Post
    Maybe it would have been better if RIMM leveled with its users and told them that they were going to be a month or so late getting the devices delivered. I believe this and the lackluster show they had today is directly responsible for what is happening to their stock.

Looks like a deception to me.
    I disagree. The writing was on the wall. Every time I heard T. Heins questioned about devices he was careful to say Q1. That was before we even knew there was a launch on the 30th. That was enough for me to know not the expect a phone at say Verizon until late February at best. But yeah, I was still hopeful for a surprise.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Default Lackluster launch event

I think the March delay(?) is not the story as the stock was dropping long before the launch details were announced.

The market really wants RIM to be aquired or partner. They really didn't make any major announcements so they had another pull back. Skype was a nice plus but I'd like to see more major Apps and they didn't demo any Apps so assume some of the delay in the US is for these Apps to be ready.

The event was really about the OS and hardware, they were a little lite on details but showed the core features of BB10.

Likely pull back to 11-12 range until positive feedback from sales comes in. I can't see dropping to single digits unless sales are slow
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,650 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #30  

It did drop down below 13 but now it seems to be staying above 13.
    Blackberry 10 > Windows Phone 7/8 > Blackberry 7 > iOS > Android > Symbian > WebOS > Meego
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,323 Global Posts

Hmm, announce a big "launch" in New York, and then release the phones only in other countries ... and then somehow be surprised when your stock price gets shredded?

Understanding Americans is simple: If you announce you have something with a big launch, you'd damned well better have it - or we'll look elsewhere and tell others we know to do the same.
    March of the Smartphones: Handspring Visor with Digital Link > Handspring Treo 600 > Sprint PPC 6700 > Palm Centro > Blackberry Tour 9630 > Blackberry Bold 9650 > Blackberry Torch 9850 > Palm Treo 755p > Blackberry Bold 9930 > iPhone 4s (issued by work)
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by Zarpan View Post
    The US isn't the whole world. It represents 11% of total subscribers, and perhaps 30% of subscribers in the developed world..
    On one hand this is TOTALLY true. But on the other, the US represents the "1%" of smartphone buyers and success in the US will probably dictate whether the nee-RIM Blackberry can be thought of and become an upscale (and hence higher-margin) phone maker. That could be important in the long-term success of Blackberry, because if they are a lower-end seller, they will be up against the massive onslaught of cheap Android phones and that's almost certainly a death sentence...

-CFOT
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    530 Global Posts

I believe investors are waiting to hear about more significant partners. Blackberry is such a small company compared to apple and google. If they land a licensing deal with somebody like sony who can give me the hardware I really want. Then you will see the stock price launch up. (thats a 4-4.5" phone with a camera that rivals actual digital cameras. And a gps with built in maps that rivals hand held gps's). Right now your seeing people who were investing short term pull out. People riding the buzz, not the fundamentals of the company and its future.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Goldman Sachs have issue a buy rating to RIMM stock. It remains a sound business in their assessment. I'm betting on $25 a share by spring.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,169 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dr0800 View Post
    Goldman Sachs have issue a buy rating to RIMM stock. It remains a sound business in their assessment. I'm betting on $25 a share by spring.
    "Goldman Sacks of Cash" valued the FaceBook IPO at approximately USD35.00 per share. And we know how that turned out for investors.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,084 Global Posts

BlackBerry 10 supports Flash Team Android Canada

Nice to see another convert to Blackberry 10
    Negative thinking destroys your brain cells and causes global warming.*- Dodinsky (The Scientific Institute of Get Over It!) Action Spots
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,084 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kill_9 View Post
    "Goldman Sacks of Cash" valued the FaceBook IPO at approximately USD35.00 per share. And we know how that turned out for investors.
    Many analyst pushed apple for $1,000/share, we all know how that worked out.
    Negative thinking destroys your brain cells and causes global warming.*- Dodinsky (The Scientific Institute of Get Over It!) Action Spots
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12