Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 37
Like Tree12Likes
  1. grahamf's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,629 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,650 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Exclamation RIMM is falling - don't look!

    13.7 and still going.
    Blackberry 10 > Windows Phone 7/8 > Blackberry 7 > iOS > Android > Symbian > WebOS > Meego
  2. killa4luv's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    130 Posts
    #2  

    Default

    its actually not still going but it fell quite dramatically. I have to positions, one @ 8.5 and one @15.29. I'm not thrilled, but I believe in RIM long term so I'm not sweating it.
  3. rcab's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    484 Posts
    PIN
    22D6B6DE and 501021E8
    #3  

    Default

    WINNIPEG, MB, January 30, 2013 (CNS Canada) - The Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX) closed lower on Wednesday, led by a sharp decline in the Research In Motion (RIM) stock, analysts said. RIM declined sharply following its launch of the BlackBerry 10 because the company also announced the product won't be available in the US until mid-March. This is part of what Scotttrade RIM page showed today. The stock market reacted to the delay in the US. I am concerned that it will continue to react negative until the american press finally has a tangible product so that they can move and start showing the praises of the phone. Until then I feel the bleeding will continue and maybe go below the $6 price .
  4. Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes's Avatar
    Waterloo's Finest

    Posts
    5,295 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,324 Global Posts
    #4  

    Default

    itl come back
    Phones: Nokia 5110>Nokia 3360>Siemens C56>Moto RAZR>LG Chocolate>Pearl 8100>Bold 9000 >Pearl 9100 + Bold 9900 > iPhone 4S + Z10 + Bold 9000
    Tablets: 16GB Playbook > Playbook 32GB
    __________________________________________________ _________________________

    CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE SEXY GIRLS IN YOGA PANTS CHANNEL

    C000288CC
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________
  5. FSeverino's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,863 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,865 Global Posts
    #5  

    Default

    it boggles my mind how it can drop like $2 because the phone wont be out until March... then when the phone is out it will go up 10 cents...
    ------------------------>LIST OF WORKING Android Apps for Z10/BB10 ---200 SO FAR!!! <------------------------
  6. livejam's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    378 Posts
    #6  

    Default

    Actually it would actually be better not to look now, because eventually the price should hit 40+
  7. Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes's Avatar
    Waterloo's Finest

    Posts
    5,295 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,324 Global Posts
    #7  

    Default

    good chance to buy I would say
    Phones: Nokia 5110>Nokia 3360>Siemens C56>Moto RAZR>LG Chocolate>Pearl 8100>Bold 9000 >Pearl 9100 + Bold 9900 > iPhone 4S + Z10 + Bold 9000
    Tablets: 16GB Playbook > Playbook 32GB
    __________________________________________________ _________________________

    CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE SEXY GIRLS IN YOGA PANTS CHANNEL

    C000288CC
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________
    416to604 likes this.
  8. Nindia's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    387 Posts
    #8  

    Default

    If the only reason for the drop is March availability...I'm comfortable holding through the storm.

    Just trying to gauge whether or not it's the US launch date that sent the shares down...or a sub-par launch event.
  9. Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes's Avatar
    Waterloo's Finest

    Posts
    5,295 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,324 Global Posts
    #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nindia View Post
    If the only reason for the drop is March availability...I'm comfortable holding through the storm.

    Just trying to gauge whether or not it's the US launch date that sent the shares down...or a sub-par launch event.
    the only thing that went wrong during launch is the time shift pic

    id say its the date for US
    Phones: Nokia 5110>Nokia 3360>Siemens C56>Moto RAZR>LG Chocolate>Pearl 8100>Bold 9000 >Pearl 9100 + Bold 9900 > iPhone 4S + Z10 + Bold 9000
    Tablets: 16GB Playbook > Playbook 32GB
    __________________________________________________ _________________________

    CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE SEXY GIRLS IN YOGA PANTS CHANNEL

    C000288CC
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________
  10. Shanerredflag's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    15,336 Posts
    #10  

    Default

    My guess...powerful short positions using every favour from every friend they have to drop this baby till they are covered...then they will ride her up over the next few years as BB gains traction.
    canadauni likes this.
  11. Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes's Avatar
    Waterloo's Finest

    Posts
    5,295 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,324 Global Posts
    #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shanerredflag View Post
    My guess...powerful short positions using every favour from every friend they have to drop this baby till they are covered...then they will ride her up over the next few years as BB gains traction.
    they wont all get out in time
    Phones: Nokia 5110>Nokia 3360>Siemens C56>Moto RAZR>LG Chocolate>Pearl 8100>Bold 9000 >Pearl 9100 + Bold 9900 > iPhone 4S + Z10 + Bold 9000
    Tablets: 16GB Playbook > Playbook 32GB
    __________________________________________________ _________________________

    CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE SEXY GIRLS IN YOGA PANTS CHANNEL

    C000288CC
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________
  12. 416to604's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    589 Posts
    #12  

    Default

    i used today's dip to increase my position.
    Z10 - Playbook 32GB
  13. maam's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    679 Posts
    #13  

    Default

    I'm not surprised eh. Look at apple for example, they made billions in profit, yet their stock took a huge hit. Peoples expectation are always too high eh.
    Be Proud
    9700(black)-9700(white)-9790-9900(black)-9900(white)-Playbook 32/64GB/LTE-Z10(black)-Z10(white)-Q10(black)
    BlackBerry by choice
  14. dr0800's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    119 Posts
    #14  

    Default

    I think it's more a case of investors taking quick profits on the back of the launch. With regards shorting, anyone who shorted at $6-$8 are in trouble because they require a major headge to cover their shortfall ( excuse the pun). I don't see the March US launch knocking too much off the price as BlackBerry's strategy was to release first in their popular markets. Over here in Europe people have been peeling their bananas for these new phones.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
  15. Superfly_FR's Avatar

    Posts
    9,316 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,327 Global Posts
    PIN
    Hey, what did you expect ?
    #15  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rcab View Post
    WINNIPEG, MB, January 30, 2013 (CNS Canada) -
    1/ RIM declined sharply following its launch of the BlackBerry 10 because the company also announced the product won't be available in the US until mid-March.
    2/ I am concerned that it will continue to react negative until the american press finally has a tangible product so that they can move and start showing the praises of the phone.
    3/Until then I feel the bleeding will continue and maybe go below the $6 price .
    1/ Yes. Absolutely. Then, you must also add the application of the "buy on rumors, sell on news" adage. A lot of investors took their gains, waiting for a dump to get in again.
    2/ It started, but more than this, I believe the success in early countries (CAN, EEC) will be the most efficient indicator for investors.
    3/ $6 is a *ouch* point. Below $10 it'll be quite "embarrassing" to say the least. If back in this area (under $10.5), I'm in to double (not an advice to anyone).

    I was long, I am long, I stand long. For 2-3 yrs.
    Join my BBM Channel : C00035FA6
    "I speak English like a Spanish Cow"
    I'm a StockBerrian, proudly holding 50 150 250 400 550 1000 BlackBerry shares
  16. greggebhardt's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    6,405 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,447 Global Posts
    PIN
    Not - NO!
    #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FSeverino View Post
    it boggles my mind how it can drop like $2 because the phone wont be out until March... then when the phone is out it will go up 10 cents...
    Why would it "boggle" your mind?

    Everyone was kind of led to believe that the phone would be delivered at the end of this month. It is a GREAT disappointment to many who were expecting it! This is nothing but another RIMM delay tactic as we have all seen in the past. Many of us thought that RIMM had changed but they are the same.

    Worst is the deception! Many lost a lot of money on RIMM's big deception, I was lucky and got out at $17.25 but also had a friend way up in AT&T that assured me that there was no imminent BB10 device and he would know. It is hard to even believe that they phone will be delivered in March! Also the introduction was just as disappointing as the delay.

    A $2 dollar drop could be just for the first day.
    jegs2 likes this.
  17. greggebhardt's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    6,405 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,447 Global Posts
    PIN
    Not - NO!
    #17  

    Default

    Maybe it would have been better if RIMM leveled with its users and told them that they were going to be a month or so late getting the devices delivered. I believe this and the lackluster show they had today is directly responsible for what is happening to their stock.

    Looks like a deception to me.
  18. Zarpan's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    361 Posts
    #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rcab View Post
    Until then I feel the bleeding will continue and maybe go below the $6 price .
    I think the only way the price would get that low is if it ended up that product sales were going terribly.
  19. Nindia's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    387 Posts
    #19  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greggebhardt View Post
    Maybe it would have been better if RIMM leveled with its users and told them that they were going to be a month or so late getting the devices delivered. I believe this and the lackluster show they had today is directly responsible for what is happening to their stock.

    Looks like a deception to me.
    RIM said Q1 2013...they're still on track to deliver.

    And I don't know if you noticed but the Z10 is available in UK today, 24 hours after launch, and Canada's major carriers will have it in 5 days.
  20. SparkyBC's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,117 Posts
    #20  

    Default RIMM is falling - don't look!

    It's hardly a delay tactic with rim! How is it the same old blackberry? They delivered and you can have one in your hands feb 5th in markets they launched in.

    Phones were sent to carriers a long time ago for testing. Time they cut through all the regulations there is a small lag behind some other markets. Is it a deal breaker it's not global and available everywhere NOW. Simple answer no. It's not like any is carrier is pushing blackberry in the USA. So frankly how is it going to hurt them when they always make a customer go for an iPhone or galaxy phone anyways.

    It's common knowledge stocks were going to take a hit today. It's what analyst do. Strike fear and misleading stories to drive down the value. Before it goes up. Happens everyday.
  21. greggebhardt's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    6,405 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,447 Global Posts
    PIN
    Not - NO!
    #21  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nindia View Post
    RIM said Q1 2013...they're still on track to deliver.

    And I don't know if you noticed but the Z10 is available in UK today, 24 hours after launch, and Canada's major carriers will have it in 5 days.
    Sorry but the BB market in the UK does little for me and from the looks of RIM stock, it being released in the UK did not impress anyone. Sorry but I think that RIM was responsible for a lot of people losing money with its limited introduction.
    jegs2 likes this.
  22. Superfly_FR's Avatar

    Posts
    9,316 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,327 Global Posts
    PIN
    Hey, what did you expect ?
    #22  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greggebhardt View Post
    Why would it "boggle" your mind?
    Everyone was kind of led to believe that the phone would be delivered at the end of this month. It is a GREAT disappointment to many who were expecting it! This is nothing but another RIMM delay tactic as we have all seen in the past. Many of us thought that RIMM had changed but they are the same.
    Worst is the deception! Many lost a lot of money on RIMM's big deception, I was lucky and got out at $17.25 but also had a friend way up in AT&T that assured me that there was no imminent BB10 device and he would know. It is hard to even believe that they phone will be delivered in March! Also the introduction was just as disappointing as the delay.
    A $2 dollar drop could be just for the first day.
    Heins stated month ago Europe (I believe EMEA) and Canada will be the first to get the devices.
    Between "the end of the month" (end Feb.) and "early March", we're talking in days. Still in the Q1 though.
    We know the product is fine and early adopters will offer both a good preview of potential sales and bear the brunt of the inevitable adjustments to the OS, so that it'll be even more polished at launch for U.S.

    Disappointment is appropriate, but I believe a "temporary" should prefix that. For now, as I read your (and several) comments, "anger" sounds more appropriated. And anger is a bad counselor .
    Join my BBM Channel : C00035FA6
    "I speak English like a Spanish Cow"
    I'm a StockBerrian, proudly holding 50 150 250 400 550 1000 BlackBerry shares
    Thanked by:
    pcguy514 (01-31-2013) 
    pcguy514 likes this.
  23. Zarpan's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    361 Posts
    #23  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greggebhardt View Post
    Maybe it would have been better if RIMM leveled with its users and told them that they were going to be a month or so late getting the devices delivered. I believe this and the lackluster show they had today is directly responsible for what is happening to their stock.

    Looks like a deception to me.
    No, it is disappointing, but not a deception.

    The US isn't the whole world. It represents 11% of total subscribers, and perhaps 30% of subscribers in the developed world. It is disappointing for US customers, but if the US got the phones first and Canada/UK got it in March, I don't think Canada/UK would be screaming about a deception. The amount of Blackberry subscribers in Canada/UK combined is about equal to that of the US currently too.

    Deception would be if the first countries got the product in April after saying that it was firmly ready for Q1.
  24. Zarpan's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    361 Posts
    #24  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greggebhardt View Post
    Sorry but the BB market in the UK does little for me and from the looks of RIM stock, it being released in the UK did not impress anyone. Sorry but I think that RIM was responsible for a lot of people losing money with its limited introduction.
    With RIM being such a volatile stock, the market tends to overreact both ways to any news.

    Would you feel just as upset from an investment perspective if BB10 was available in the US next week, but in the UK/Canada in mid-March? The reason I ask is because the combined sales potential from the UK/Canada is likely to be equivalent to the sales potential from the US - at least in the short term. So that scenario would be equivalent in terms of financial impact compared to the current scenario where the US sees the phone in mid-March.
  25. Nindia's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    387 Posts
    #25  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarpan View Post
    With RIM being such a volatile stock, the market tends to overreact both ways to any news.

    Would you feel just as upset from an investment perspective if BB10 was available in the US next week, but in the UK/Canada in mid-March? The reason I ask is because the combined sales potential from the UK/Canada is likely to be equivalent to the sales potential from the US - at least in the short term. So that scenario would be equivalent in terms of financial impact compared to the current scenario where the US sees the phone in mid-March.
    I get where Greg is coming from. The US moves the share price more than any other country. Hypothetically speaking, if the UK and Canada were to get it in March and USA had Z10 availability for today, I doubt the stock would've crumbled the way it did yesterday.

    I'm expecting another downer day followed by hopefully an uptick going into the weekend.
    jegs2 and Superfly_FR like this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Is The Nokia N97 Looking Hot To Anyone Else?
    By ilovemileyyy in forum Other Platforms
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 06-12-2009, 05:56 PM
  2. What is the green tape looking thing under the mic cover of 8100?
    By wizz182 in forum BlackBerry Pearl 8100
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-27-2009, 09:59 AM
  3. The Sky Is Falling!
    By Rev0lver in forum BlackBerry Storm
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-20-2008, 10:24 AM
  4. HELP!! My phone is falling apart!
    By bb269r in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xx
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-05-2008, 04:10 PM
  5. Ok here is what I'm looking for a Bluetooth
    By myates in forum General BlackBerry Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-09-2008, 03:57 PM

Posting Permissions