- 12-14-2012, 05:33 AM #351
- CrackBerry Newbie
12-14-2012, 06:21 AM #354
- 2 Posts
Re: RIM Won't Live to See 2013, Analyst Says
I don think stock buy back is a gr8 option...rather even though they r loosin money on fire sales across the world blackberry's in one form or another are getting into th hands of more ppl....they shud cash in on this reach n base their next strategies
- 12-14-2012, 06:44 AM #356
- 12-14-2012, 06:47 AM #357
One of the more interesting points of the last few earnings calls is that RIM's sellthrough rate to the end user was always several million higher than what was shipped to carriers. For example, last quarter they shipped 7.6 million to carriers, but consumers bought 10 million BlackBerrys.
This suggests three things:
1. Mike and Jim stuffed the channel
2. Thorsten is cleaning that up
3. The carriers are taking less in to begin with
To be fair they did need to jettison some pretty important people to get here.
- 12-15-2012, 09:46 AM #360Carrier controlled updates is the worst smartphone spec of them all
- 12-15-2012, 01:55 PM #362
BB10 still hasn't launched, of course, and we don't know how the market will receive it, so I'm not breaking out the champagne yet. But RIM has done everything they could to bring a good product to market, and I'm proud to have been part of a community that assisted in that.
- 12-15-2012, 02:43 PM #363