Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 512131415
Like Tree125Likes
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,169 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kevinnugent View Post
    To be fair they did need to jettison some pretty important people to get here.
    They jettisoned approximately 7500 people between August 2011 and August 2012. There might be more lay-offs between August 2012 and August 2013. Of course Research In Motion is hiring in some areas as well although the actual number of real hires and real job positions as opposed to merely listed positions on the career section of the website is not clear. I expect most customer support operations to be outsourced with only a small cadre of internal support staff within a year; that would be another 10000 +/-25% lay-offs.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by kuba View Post
    They'll make it to 2013, but it won't be pretty.
    lol guess they were wrong :P
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,756 Global Posts

RIM Won't Live to See 2013, Analyst Says-blackberry-facts-1-602x451.jpg
    I'm sure they won't...
    Have I really been here for three years?
    sf49ers likes this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Re: RIM Won't Live to See 2013, Analyst Says

I don think stock buy back is a gr8 option...rather even though they r loosin money on fire sales across the world blackberry's in one form or another are getting into th hands of more ppl....they shud cash in on this reach n base their next strategies
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    56,010 Global Posts

Another wrong analist
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    the 50K CrackBerry challenge
    I'm no more qualified to say so because I own a BlackBerry
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,049 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BB9700CA View Post
    They jettisoned approximately 7500 people between August 2011 and August 2012
    They laid off 2000 in the summer of 2011. Then in the summer of 2012, they *announced* plans to lay off 5000, but that is still in progress to be completed by the end of the fiscal year.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,049 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by katiepea View Post
    Those numbers are shocking, its hard to comprehend, what do they count as a subscribers then, how do you gain 20 million in subscribers but sell less phones, unless you're puppeteering the numbers
    There's a missing metric ... shipped phones vs. sellthrough to consumers.

One of the more interesting points of the last few earnings calls is that RIM's sellthrough rate to the end user was always several million higher than what was shipped to carriers. For example, last quarter they shipped 7.6 million to carriers, but consumers bought 10 million BlackBerrys.

This suggests three things:

1. Mike and Jim stuffed the channel
    2. Thorsten is cleaning that up
    3. The carriers are taking less in to begin with

To be fair they did need to jettison some pretty important people to get here.
    Normal business.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by BB9700CA View Post
    It is approximately 45 days until the official launch announcement on 30 January 2013 for BlackBerry 10. Research In Motion remains standing although a shadow of its former self. If the analyst's prediction which started this thread is to materialize there are only 17 days left before the end of 2012 for the collapse of Research In Motion. I wonder what the analyst will say come 01 January 2013?
    The person who made this prediction (Eric Jackson) is actually a RIM bull now and has been all over the press talking up RIM's chances. I guess he has been pretty impressed about what RIM's done recently.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hey somebody wake this guy up, he's having a nightmare thats gona cause him dearly
    Well maybe he doesn't have any friends........uhm!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,576 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thephonerushdotcom View Post
    2013 Is basically here in a few days. Needless to say my prediction was correct. RIM not only lived to see 2013 however they will also be releasing the Blackberry 10. Research in Motion is still the phone of choice for IT companies and companies that thrive on tight security.
    thank you for drawing my attention to a useless outdated and not even very interesting thread just to say "I told you so" by necromancing a year old argument you had. Just when I thought I'd seen it all around here...
    Carrier controlled updates is the worst smartphone spec of them all
    Nexus 4
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,566 Global Posts
    PIN
    CHED NERVE

Quote Originally Posted by omniusovermind View Post
    thank you for drawing my attention to a useless outdated and not even very interesting thread just to say "I told you so" by necromancing a year old argument you had. Just when I thought I'd seen it all around here...
    You mad bro?
    Sounds like you were one of the haters predicting the demise of RIM.
    RIM is dead. Long live BlackBerry!

Global Posts
    5,286 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B6927F7

Quote Originally Posted by omniusovermind View Post
    Sorry, dude, I think we're entitled to at least a little crowing. The past 14 months or so have been hard, and some of us have actually had some "skin in the game" in the form of investments. I know I've had to put some effort into refuting some of these arguments on the Internet and in real life, and some days I had my own doubts, too.

BB10 still hasn't launched, of course, and we don't know how the market will receive it, so I'm not breaking out the champagne yet. But RIM has done everything they could to bring a good product to market, and I'm proud to have been part of a community that assisted in that.
    Time Lord

Global Posts
    10,373 Global Posts

Digging up threads from 2011 now? lol.

PS: This guy now - http://www.forbes.com/sites/ericjack...kberrys-stock/
    “There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”

[ Mobile Nations Sites: Android, iOS, Windows Phone, BlackBerry, Smartwatch Fans]
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 512131415