CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,140 Global Posts
    PIN
    KY and the Brain. One is a genius the others insane.
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Rim is taking their fight to rivals

Looks like they are getting pretty confident that the announcements they made will really allow them to be even with their competitors. Its a pretty good read.
    FT.com / Technology - BlackBerry maker takes fight to rivals
    Crackberry:Because Real Crack Is Too Expensive.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,530 Global Posts
    PIN
    Scan the barcode...

Me <3 RIM.
    Modern Cell history: BB Curve 8330 > Storm 1 > Storm2 > DroidX

DAP: Zune HD with Zune Pass <3

Gamer Profiles: Steam - WoW - Star Trek Online - PSN
  3. Ami.

The article has a few valid points, but I feel the one positive thing about the BlackBerry (any of them) is they aren't cheapened with slide-QWERTY keyboards.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    DONT HAVE ONE! DROIDDDD!

Good Read! Ill keep my berry! And as Ami already said Blackberry def builds quality...these slide out keyboards will never compare to a Blackberry!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    5,147 Global Posts
    PIN
    LPG5ULJQ - Live profile (try it!)

Who cares, until they change the OS it won't matter. And to all the people that think they don't need to, you'll feel pretty dumb when they do and be the first to load it up. I surely don't miss battery pulls and leaked OS.
    Mobile Devices: Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Carrier: AT&T
    Computer: MacBook Pro (2012) 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
    Other devices: iPad Mini

Global Posts
    9,751 Global Posts
    PIN
    Changes way too often

They wont change the OS any time soon. Security is still the primary concern. The government spends a great deal more than consumers do for RIM. They will continue to do so for many years to come. They drive the market for them in terms of software, and thus, the requirements for the devices.
    ~S_A
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,605 Global Posts

Anyone else the least bit concerned about the ability for developers to integrate advertising in their programs AND the ability to use gps to track location of device? It's probably too soon to bet worked up over, but this high level description, the way I'm interpreting it, does NOT make me feel warm and fuzzy about RIM.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,323 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by scorpiodsu View Post
    Who cares, until they change the OS it won't matter. And to all the people that think they don't need to, you'll feel pretty dumb when they do and be the first to load it up. I surely don't miss battery pulls and leaked OS.
    My mind have to change the OS just add more functionality. I downloaded a premium theme today for my Storm 2 and with a touch i can get to my 8 most used apps. Simple things like this it the stock OS or theme is a step in the right direction .
    Device history: 8100 > 8320 > 9000 (brief) > 9530 (Ugh!) & 8900 > 8220 > 8120 > 8520 > 9550
    > 9000 > 9700 9650

BB tech: Got a problem? Feel free to PM me.
    Banned

PIN

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Apprentice View Post
    They wont change the OS any time soon. Security is still the primary concern. The government spends a great deal more than consumers do for RIM. They will continue to do so for many years to come. They drive the market for them in terms of software, and thus, the requirements for the devices.
    Then why not use the existing code base to build a flashier, friendly UI for their OS? It would make the most sense, seeing as RIM is moving more towards the iPhone/Android type of customers.

The government can keep their 1990's OS. If RIM wants to really take over the smart phone market, they need to meet the demands of the current consumers.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Coming from an iPhone, the BlackBerry interface is uglier and slower, and the browser SUCKS compared to the iPhone.
    BBM PIN:21561D12