Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree90Likes
    CrackBerry Abuser

I bought in more. Thanks for the opportunity shorts!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    199 Global Posts

So it is legal to manipulate stock in your favor?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    402 Global Posts

I'm glad I've read this post. I invested a small amount if my own money (only 100 since I have no prior stock market experience) almost a year ago with the hope of selling enough to buy myself a BB10 phone. I've so far been planning to sell just before the launch due to the old "buy on rumours sell on news" saying but after reading this I may wait a week, after all the phone probably won't be on sale for a week after launch anyway.
    lewcat likes this.
    BlackBerry

Global Posts
    6,426 Global Posts

I have quite a bit in RIMM but OP, you should really mention the fact that if the fundamentals aren't there, the stock won't succeed. We are all hoping (semi-gambling) here. If RIM continues to lose subscribers and doesn't sell handsets, none of this will matter, the stock will tank. Just putting it out there. Still BB10Believing
    BB4Life
    BThunderW likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

ive had 7,700 shares since September (average purchase price of $6.80)
    just purchased another 5,000 shares today.
    No plans on selling anytime soon.
    I'm in it for long term (2015ish)
    Jake Storm likes this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Did any of you catch this:

Its a Jim Cramer interview outlining the manipulation they did to RIM in the past. It really cheezes me off to see that they can get away with it!
    Thanked by 4:
    SoCalRedbird (01-28-2013),  jxnb (01-29-2013),  m0de25 (01-28-2013),  robkd (01-29-2013) 
    CrackBerry Addict

boy, it is getting to be a tin foil hat party in here. You know aapl bulls say the same stuff right? At some point, you just need to let the conspiracy theories go.
    I just set up a straddle position so you profit either way. Win win
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,056 Global Posts

Buy Buy Buy as rim shares probbaly going up after BB10
    New Phone: Iphone 4s, Old Phones: Blackberry Z10, Samsung Galaxy S3 (Sold), Iphone 4 (Used By Family)
    LTE Playbook 32gb (Dec 2012), OS version is 1753.
    On Rogers Service

"When in doubt, buy a laptop"
    CrackBerry Abuser

Long and strong. Bought more this morning.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Its like the downfall of apple. When a guy was saying oh at $650 id buy in forsure. It's such a discount! The numbers might say so but when your starting to lose your popularity it wont matter your numbers.

I bought in at 18.12 wanted to get in under 20 so im happy. I bought RIM because I believe with out a shadow of a doubt BB10 will be successful. I dont care what the charts say. You know I was already bullish on this stock at 6 and kicked myself for not switching from my other stock. But I kept hearing great things about BB10. Then one day at work I asked the biggest APPLE fan at my work IF her phone were to be gone today. Would she just get an IPHONE back? She said she would... Then paused and said actually id check out Black Berry 10 first. I COULDN'T Believe this came out of her mouth. Of all people she said that. For me thats a good trigger. That lady has Macbook and even got macbooks at our work. Her whole family has apple everything. But yet she opened the door for BB10.

Anyways I believe BB10 will be successful
    robkd and cjcampbell like this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #36  

One thinkg we longs can do is to put a sell order around early 20s and super longs can put it for mid 20s or 30s so your broker get squeezed with supply and shorts will scramble to cover on good news. I am not sure if this works but I heard it does..if anyone can confirm this.
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by BBNation View Post
    One thinkg we longs can do is to put a sell order around early 20s and super longs can put it for mid 20s or 30s so your broker get squeezed with supply and shorts will scramble to cover on good news. I am not sure if this works but I heard it does..if anyone can confirm this.
    Why put any sell order on? And $20 or $30 isn't really very high, although that is all they may let you put it at.
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #38  

Quote Originally Posted by timmy t View Post
    Why put any sell order on? And $20 or $30 isn't really very high, although that is all they may let you put it at.
    So your broker can not lend your shares to shorts creating supply/demand issue for shorts..resulting in up move, short squeeze
    CrackBerry Genius

The thing is that the reality of the market is that if every single member of Crackberry banded together, we still couldn't make a dent in anything the pros and market want to do. 88M shares just today, I doubt there is more than 1% of just today's volume that is owned by the Crackberry faithful.
    bungaboy likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by BBNation View Post
    So your broker can not lend your shares to shorts creating supply/demand issue for shorts..resulting in up move, short squeeze
    My broker can lend my shares out without my permission?

I think they can only do that on margin accounts. Mine are all mine.
    CrackBerry User

im not selling my shares until, well for atleast the first Q1, just to see what happens i think theyve got a great product and a lot of investers with them so yeah this week is just the scare, because people are asking them selfves, is this the highest RIM will ever see... but i think after everyone see's their commercial on the super bowl they'll want one, my opinion, why settle for 16.7$ a share when you could settle for 30$. in other words go big or go home.
    robkd and bungaboy like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by Branta View Post
    At this stage it looks like the shorts are in a deep hole, with (for them) the unwelcome probability the stock will continue to move upward into and beyond the BB10 launch. They will attempt anything possible, whatever it takes to force the price down below the point where they can cover liabilities and not take a beating. For my guess most shorted in the $8-10 range and they are facing an average loss at least $4-6/share on today's price, with 135 million short deficit at the recent report. It doesn't take a genius to work out what that kind of loss could do to a trader's reputation if they are forced to buy on current market prices.
    I'm a new student to market trading. I thought that anyone shorting a stock has to have the collateral within their trading account to cover the increase in value of a stock. That means anyone shorting at $8-10 is hurting badly now, or am I mistaken?

Global Posts
    10,048 Global Posts
    PIN
    Hey, what did you expect ?

Quote Originally Posted by santababy79 View Post
    Buy the Rumor, Sell the News!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    http://www.princeton.edu/~markus/res...rs_oct2001.pdf
    Thanks. May be a little tough for most of us, but I believe anyone interested in this should read at least the introduction:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RIM Stock Holders Be Aware - Do not SELL this week-capture.jpg  
    Join my BBM Channel : C00035FA6
    "I speak English like a Spanish Cow"
    I'm a StockBerrian, proudly holding 50 150 250 400 550 1000 BlackBerry shares
    Thanked by:
    fedakd (01-29-2013) 
    fedakd likes this.

Lots of manipulation yesterday ... stay cool Longs .. bb10 will prove to be the winner that it is ... and RIMM shares will appreciate in value . with time ....
    robkd likes this.

Global Posts
    10,048 Global Posts
    PIN
    Hey, what did you expect ?

Quote Originally Posted by world traveler and former ceo View Post
    Lots of manipulation yesterday ... stay cool Longs .. bb10 will prove to be the winner that it is ... and RIMM shares will appreciate in value . with time ....
    Will be fine, if you run the #RIMdance ! lol
    Join my BBM Channel : C00035FA6
    "I speak English like a Spanish Cow"
    I'm a StockBerrian, proudly holding 50 150 250 400 550 1000 BlackBerry shares
    CrackBerry Addict

I'm long $RIMM.
    Creator/Architect of WireLink : Multiple Numbers from One BlackBerry | Privacy and Communications Identity Management http://wirelink.co
    Coming Soon: Pixel Censor (Redact, Censor Images)
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    947 Global Posts

I'm both: I have some RIMM I'm using for income, and some I'm leaving in for a while... RIMM has all the same cards to play that Apple and Google have... first a good device... then an even better more powerful device... then a tablet... then... it gets interesting: QNX is so much more versatile that I can imagine companies doing simple QNX-based home automation or even network routing designed to work with RIM's secure infrastructure (I'd LOVE to be able to access my home network with a RIM box on my network, that has its own PIN that it broadcasts to the rim servers, then I can access my internal network securely without painful VPN and NAT port configuration.
    I was tapering off. I'm all tapered out now.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Many thanks for info. It is highly appreciated.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    208 Global Posts

I bought in the high $8 range, I'm in for the long haul. Best I just ignore the markets today and tomorrow....
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Why not sell?

You sell when a stock is up and you buy when it is down..... isn't that how you make money???
    techvisor likes this.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast