Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 100
Like Tree90Likes
  1. BBNation's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    944 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default RIM Stock Holders Be Aware - Do not SELL this week

    Just wanted to share some info on this. If you are holding any RIM shares do not sell in panic, Shorts will be desparate and will try anything to cover. They do this all the time wiht Natural gas, just google it. It was reported few weeks ago by the trader on the floor. They put fake sale orders using high frequency trading systems and that will panic people like us and we will be left with no share, they will cover and make even more..

    Just asking to be careful and not be fooled by these manipulators..depending on your portfolio, position and strategy sell some but just give it some thoughts insteading of panicing..
    A fine panic manipulation example was on Dec 20, 2012 after hour. Big shorts sold 20M+ shares in 20 minutes. Then their media arms spread the fear that evening and next morning to cause a big drop in share price.

    Do not fall for the big short manipulation.

    They had tried in on the FB event. Big shorts tried to Pin-the-Donkey on the FB/RIMM for the share rise. They had hold when there was no announcement, they do a manipulation. I tried desperately to tell everyone, there is no FB/RIMM announcement on the message board.

    Now, they tried to mis-inform calling Lenovo a buyout instead of what it is - a potential Strategic Partnership.

    with your RIMM stock. There will a bear raid for sure, with this many shares shorted. They can wipe all your shares off the board in 60 seconds.
    For those of you unfamiliar with a bear raid, the hedge funds that decide they want to cover their short positions, instigate a quick large SELL "at Market" move. They make it big enough to catch the first batch of Stop Losses set, and that triggers a domino effect of automatic Sells that plummet the pps.
    A moment later, they do a massive BUY "at Market" move and buy up all your shares.
    You will be left with no shares, and they will have a huge purchase as a cheap price.
    Within 5 minutes, the price will be back to what it was, and you will be scratching your head.
    Just a heads up.
    Thanked by 34:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked
    andrewmcwhirter (01-28-2013),  antiRIM (01-28-2013),  Bilaal (01-28-2013),  Bobert_123 (01-29-2013),  bungaboy (01-28-2013),  Cee134 (01-29-2013),  cezley (01-28-2013),  coldsword (01-28-2013),  dalight13 (01-29-2013),  donmateo (01-28-2013),  fedakd (01-28-2013),  gorang (01-28-2013),  GreenCopperz (01-29-2013),  houshinto#IM (01-28-2013),  jasperlin (01-29-2013),  Javid Gozalov (03-26-2013),  jesse_h (01-28-2013),  Juango94 (01-29-2013),  ltcbfan (01-29-2013),  mithrazor (01-29-2013),  Mr.Conviviality (01-28-2013),  nquyen (01-28-2013),  pallox (01-29-2013),  peter9477 (01-28-2013),  redantz (05-11-2013),  robkd (01-28-2013),  Shanerredflag (01-28-2013),  Stephen Cooper (01-28-2013),  Stewartj1 (01-29-2013),  Superfly_FR (01-28-2013),  susu222 (01-28-2013),  world traveler and former ceo (03-26-2013),  zyben (01-28-2013) 
  2. 416to604's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    590 Posts
    #2  

    Default

    I was actually thinking about buying more this week. Thanks for the insight though.
    Z10 - Playbook 32GB
    dalight13 and lorax1284 like this.
  3. AT_Nepal's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    99 Posts
    #3  

    Default

    When you say this week, when exactly are you talking about?

    Quote Originally Posted by BBNation View Post
    Just wanted to share some info on this. If you are holding any RIM shares do not sell in panic, Shorts will be desparate and will try anything to cover. They do this all the time wiht Natural gas, just google it. It was reported few weeks ago by the trader on the floor. They put fake sale orders using high frequency trading systems and that will panic people like us and we will be left with no share, they will cover and make even more..

    Just asking to be careful and not be fooled by these manipulators..depending on your portfolio, position and strategy sell some but just give it some thoughts insteading of panicing..
    A fine panic manipulation example was on Dec 20, 2012 after hour. Big shorts sold 20M+ shares in 20 minutes. Then their media arms spread the fear that evening and next morning to cause a big drop in share price.

    Do not fall for the big short manipulation.

    They had tried in on the FB event. Big shorts tried to Pin-the-Donkey on the FB/RIMM for the share rise. They had hold when there was no announcement, they do a manipulation. I tried desperately to tell everyone, there is no FB/RIMM announcement on the message board.

    Now, they tried to mis-inform calling Lenovo a buyout instead of what it is - a potential Strategic Partnership.

    with your RIMM stock. There will a bear raid for sure, with this many shares shorted. They can wipe all your shares off the board in 60 seconds.
    For those of you unfamiliar with a bear raid, the hedge funds that decide they want to cover their short positions, instigate a quick large SELL "at Market" move. They make it big enough to catch the first batch of Stop Losses set, and that triggers a domino effect of automatic Sells that plummet the pps.
    A moment later, they do a massive BUY "at Market" move and buy up all your shares.
    You will be left with no shares, and they will have a huge purchase as a cheap price.
    Within 5 minutes, the price will be back to what it was, and you will be scratching your head.
    Just a heads up.
  4. BBNation's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    944 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

    Default

    Well, This week in general. The haters and shorts will find anything to manipulate, it can be tomorrow, during the annoucement or after announcement. For e.g. Lenovo statement pushed it higher but now lenovo is downplaying...Just take Eearning report example, ofcourse RIM CFO did not do good job, it went up 15% after the report and they kept asking for service revenue question when it was not the focus of earning. The focus of earning was bb10 and cash amount and yet they succeeded in droping it by 15%.
    This week can be any day..just be careful..that is all. if you can afford to hold it until next ER or progress report.
    Unfortunately for them, they did not find any flow or bugs with BB10 otherwise they would have killed it alreday.
  5. GTiLeo's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,282 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,283 Global Posts
    #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BBNation View Post
    Well, This week in general. The haters and shorts will find anything to manipulate, it can be tomorrow, during the annoucement or after announcement. For e.g. Lenovo statement pushed it higher but now lenovo is downplaying...Just take Eearning report example, ofcourse RIM CFO did not do good job, it went up 15% after the report and they kept asking for service revenue question when it was not the focus of earning. The focus of earning was bb10 and cash amount and yet they succeeded in droping it by 15%.
    This week can be any day..just be careful..that is all. if you can afford to hold it until next ER or progress report.
    Unfortunately for them, they did not find any flow or bugs with BB10 otherwise they would have killed it alreday.
    i feel there will be a larger volumes of buys in anticipation for the 30th where they can make a quick few bucks before dumping. but i can maybe seeing you be right although i seeing this tactic being an effect last week or in previous weeks in order to gain more
  6. jesse_h's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,579 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,598 Global Posts
    #6  

    Default

    Up to the top with this thread!
    S5
    Z10
    64gb PlayBook
  7. web99's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,102 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    #7  

    Default

    Thanks for the warning. There are many out there who try to manipulate good stocks out there for their own short term gain.
    IPod Touch, IPhone4, IPhone4S, IPad2, 16GB Playbook, 32GB Playbook, Blackberry 9800 Torch, Blackberry Z10, BlackBerry Q10, BlackBerry Passport, Samsung Galaxy Note 8' Tablet
  8. TomJasper's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,084 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,091 Global Posts
    #8  

    Default

    I myself won't ever tell anybody what to do with their stock (RIM or any stock for that matter), I do however agree with you on principle.

    The Dec 20 - Dec 24 short raid on RIM was a dirty game, I said it at the time and still hold to that this day. Of course the shorts will do their best to knock Blackberry 10 Jan.30.2013 , they have no other option,lol.

    Jan.30.2013 launch, Super Bowl,release date, I would say shorts DON'T have an advantage this time around like Dec 20.
    Negative thinking destroys your brain cells and causes global warming.*- Dodinsky (The Scientific Institute of Get Over It!) Action Spots
  9. Mr.Conviviality's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    341 Posts
    PIN
    t of Beer?
    #9  

    Default

    you called it and it seems as though that's exactly how it played out this morning.

    thank you for sharing this insight. New to me but I can perfectly understand after what I just saw this morning.

    Cheers.
  10. OMGitworks's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,225 Posts
    #10  

    Default

    All of you should be wary. What is posted here is helpful, but please understand YOU need to decide what to do in this market. It is YOUR money. If the stock hits a price that makes you happy, sell. If not, hold. If you want to hold long term, great. Flip options, I did and it was a nice play. Just remember that if your day job is other than trading or investing, the shorts and professional traders all have A LOT more money and experience. If you try to swim with them or outsmart them, good luck. Market timing is almost impossible to do over more than a trade or two as well, most pros don't try that.

    This morning is nothing compared to what you might see this week. People might sell the news. The launch might be spectacular and the stock could rocket. Until it is confirmed WHEN you can actually get the phone and when the physical keyboard model is actually available and then thereafter when we see sales numbers, then we will know if RIMM is a good long term investment. Everyhting LOOKS better under Thor and RIM seems to be executing the game plan much better now, but its way to early to declare victory.

    JMHO, be careful out there!
    Thanked by 3:
    austriker (01-29-2013),  BBNation (01-28-2013),  Shanerredflag (01-28-2013) 
  11. bungaboy's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    13,056 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,060 Global Posts
    PIN
    With Needle
    #11  

    Default

    Thanks for the insight.

    This is the big game . . . . before the Super Bowl.
    "Proud member of the Peevishlicious Crew" (Tank Pilot)
    Stewartj1 likes this.
  12. 1REDRUM's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    433 Posts
    #12  

    Default

    Look...I love RIM and will be getting a Z10 but it is going to take a while to win over the general public. Buy on Rumour and sell on fact is the way it usually works so I personally would be hesitant to buy this week. It will take a home run to make the stock move higher this week. Once things settle down then I do see it moving higher but short term we will see lower prices this week.
  13. jechow's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    75 Posts
    #13  

    Default

    Common sense advice:

    1. It is never bad to lock in profits... 1 in the hand is worth 2 in the bush.

    2. If theories prove correct, there should be some selling due to the old adage "buy on rumor, sell on news".

    FYI - I still believe RIMM is a long term buy, margin of safety is on your side.
  14. BBNation's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    944 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OMGitworks View Post
    All of you should be wary. What is posted here is helpful, but please understand YOU need to decide what to do in this market. It is YOUR money. If the stock hits a price that makes you happy, sell. If not, hold. If you want to hold long term, great. Flip options, I did and it was a nice play. Just remember that if your day job is other than trading or investing, the shorts and professional traders all have A LOT more money and experience. If you try to swim with them or outsmart them, good luck. Market timing is almost impossible to do over more than a trade or two as well, most pros don't try that.

    This morning is nothing compared to what you might see this week. People might sell the news. The launch might be spectacular and the stock could rocket. Until it is confirmed WHEN you can actually get the phone and when the physical keyboard model is actually available and then thereafter when we see sales numbers, then we will know if RIMM is a good long term investment. Everyhting LOOKS better under Thor and RIM seems to be executing the game plan much better now, but its way to early to declare victory.

    JMHO, be careful out there!
    Agree 100%, I also pointed out that depending on your habits, plans, time you have to monitor but just be careful. If you can hang in there for bit things will be good. Do not panic and sell this week. I think today's sale may be on Lenovo statement and some longs that got in early taking profit. This was expected. Tomorrow can be same but wed can be rock and roll. So far RIM is doing well, just matter of good lanuch, availibility of devices and not a single glitch for the delivery of all..we should see 20s within few weeks
  15. #15  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BBNation View Post
    Just wanted to share some info on this. If you are holding any RIM shares do not sell in panic, Shorts will be desparate and will try anything to cover.
    At this stage it looks like the shorts are in a deep hole, with (for them) the unwelcome probability the stock will continue to move upward into and beyond the BB10 launch. They will attempt anything possible, whatever it takes to force the price down below the point where they can cover liabilities and not take a beating. For my guess most shorted in the $8-10 range and they are facing an average loss at least $4-6/share on today's price, with 135 million short deficit at the recent report. It doesn't take a genius to work out what that kind of loss could do to a trader's reputation if they are forced to buy on current market prices.
    <a href="http://www.galatis.de/starboard.php?d=5518"><!-- Something special for the spammers --></a>
    CrackBerry... where only Stupid People fight about Smart Phones
  16. nquyen's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    429 Posts
    Global Posts
    432 Global Posts
    #16  

    Default

    I new this dip was artificial, but thanks for the insight!
  17. jechow's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    75 Posts
    #17  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Branta View Post
    At this stage it looks like the shorts are in a deep hole, with (for them) the unwelcome probability the stock will continue to move upward into and beyond the BB10 launch. They will attempt anything possible, whatever it takes to force the price down below the point where they can cover liabilities and not take a beating. For my guess most shorted in the $8-10 range and they are facing an average loss at least $4-6/share on today's price, with 135 million short deficit at the recent report. It doesn't take a genius to work out what that kind of loss could do to a trader's reputation if they are forced to buy on current market prices.
    I would say (but definitely not sure) if there was to be a short squeeze it would come closer to RIMM's next earnings release. Just look at Netflix's big move last week. It was after the company issued positive earnings. Can anyone provide any guidance on a squeeze coming after a product launch?

    I would think if there are not any announcements that can be linked directly to revenue and earnings increasing in the current and next quarter then there will not be a squeeze on Jan 30, 2013.
  18. AtoZBlog's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    55 Posts
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    #18  

    Default

    All this makes me wish some of the top RIM people would take the company private, like Dell is considering. The markets in the US are as rigged as a two-bit casino IMO, with all this high frequency trading by the big guys.

    SM
  19. Jake Storm's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,614 Posts
    PIN
    CHED NERVE
    #19  

    Default

    I've got 2800 shares I'll be holding onto until at least 2014.
    RIM is dead. Long live BlackBerry!
    Shanerredflag likes this.
  20. greggebhardt's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    6,558 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,600 Global Posts
    PIN
    Not - NO!
    #20  

    Default

    For many it is too late to sell.
  21. Superfly_FR's Avatar

    Posts
    10,321 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,341 Global Posts
    PIN
    Hey, what did you expect ?
    #21  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jake Storm View Post
    I've got 2800 shares I'll be holding onto until at least 2014.
    In short ? Same boat thoughts (lol 150 VS 2.800 shares) here.
    We're not gamblers ... do not fight against them; they have the knowledge, they have the money.
    Stay calm; if what we believe true happens we'll get our money. No doubt.
    It's not about gesticulation; its a 2-4 years recovery.
    Be bold.
    Join my BBM Channel : C00035FA6
    "I speak English like a Spanish Cow"
    I'm a StockBerrian, proudly holding 50 150 250 400 550 1000 BlackBerry shares
    Thanked by:
    bungaboy (01-28-2013) 
    bungaboy likes this.
  22. jechow's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    75 Posts
    #22  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greggebhardt View Post
    For many it is too late to sell.
    It is never too late to sell or buy. Mr. Market does not care what your exit was and entry point is. Thus, any buy/sell decision regarding historical price is irrelevant. Remember in the short term Mr. Market is a voting machine, in the long run it is a weighing machine.
    ubizmo and Shanerredflag like this.
  23. bungaboy's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    13,056 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,060 Global Posts
    PIN
    With Needle
    #23  

    Default

    My shares are in my RRSP for the long haul.

    I am amazed at the manipulation, however.
    "Proud member of the Peevishlicious Crew" (Tank Pilot)
  24. GTiLeo's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,282 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,283 Global Posts
    #24  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bungaboy View Post
    My shares are in my RRSP for the long haul.

    I am amazed at the manipulation, however.
    ditto, these short term sellers have no shame
  25. coldsword's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    72 Posts
    #25  

    Default

    imagine if most to all LONG investors read this and Superfly's threads, BIG guys and SHORTS will never have a chance to get our shares.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-29-2010, 09:42 AM
  2. my BeWeather BE WRONG - DO NOT BUY THIS
    By jfran in forum BlackBerry OS Apps
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-04-2009, 05:02 PM
  3. It's official: OS .282 is crap. Do not install this!
    By bmwmpower in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 07-19-2009, 03:37 AM
  4. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!!! read and be warned
    By skeletor33 in forum BlackBerry Storm
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-26-2009, 05:47 PM
  5. stock headset of bold do not fit properly
    By sito in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-05-2008, 05:52 PM

Posting Permissions