Default RIM stock on fire in New York after big Toronto gains

Thanked by:
    Superfly_FR (11-24-2012) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    2982920C

Default RIM stock on fire in New York after big Toronto gains

This is good news.

I just submitted my paper work for direct investing yesterday. I did so for the soul purpose of buying RIM stock. (Using some real estate cash flow, to diversify my portfolio) While I'm getting ripped on, mercilessly, by friends/co-workers about still using a BlackBerry. Or, how bad their stock is doing. Or how the company is going under. I'm going to be buying shares because I believe BB10 is going to be a winner. I believe BB10 is going to change this negative sentiment towards RIM that seems to be everywhere. I can already see it happening. Surly others must as well? The RIM news stories are taking a positive turn. The "feel" of the news stories in recent weeks, have taken on a new flavour. Its good to see/read.

Sent from my Magical BlackBerry Bold 9900
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by RicZoh View Post
    This is good news.

I just submitted my paper work for direct investing yesterday. I did so for the soul purpose of buying RIM stock. (Using some real estate cash flow, to diversify my portfolio) While I'm getting ripped on, mercilessly, by friends/co-workers about still using a BlackBerry. Or, how bad their stock is doing. Or how the company is going under. I'm going to be buying shares because I believe BB10 is going to be a winner. I believe BB10 is going to change this negative sentiment towards RIM that seems to be everywhere. I can already see it happening. Surly others must as well? The RIM news stories are taking a positive turn. The "feel" of the news stories in recent weeks, have taken on a new flavour. Its good to see/read.

Sent from my Magical BlackBerry Bold 9900
    Best thing you can do is to keep your mouth shut after you buy the shares. Then one day when the stock triples you can roll up to work in your ferrari with a "rimstck" vanity plate and tell them to kiss you where the sun dont shine.
    Thanked by:
    Caymancroc (11-25-2012) 
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,023 Global Posts

Default Re: RIM stock on fire in New York after big Toronto gains

Quote Originally Posted by tinoman View Post
    Best thing you can do is to keep your mouth shut after you buy the shares. Then one day when the stock triples you can roll up to work in your ferrari with a "rimstck" vanity plate and tell them to kiss you where the sun dont shine.
    What do you do if the stock sinks three times?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,563 Global Posts
    PIN

^ Buy more shares.
    Thanked by:
    Caymancroc (11-25-2012) 
    .pinkberry likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,002 Global Posts

I wanted to buy stock a while ago but I am poor and ignorant, is there some sort of button to buy now? Where is the app for that?
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,023 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crackcookie View Post
    I wanted to buy stock a while ago but I am poor and ignorant, is there some sort of button to buy now? Where is the app for that?
    Hehehehhehehehe best post ever
    CrackBerry Addict

Buy now or forever hold your peace.
    Purchase these awesome apps for Z10 (BB10-device): Utilities: Mobile Network | Developer ModeBluetooth | Mobile Hotspot | NFC | Learn Essential Japanese Verbs | Ultimate Powerball
    FREE BlackBoard Lite (Free!) Coming SOON!: Mega Millions 10
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,023 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JRAnciano View Post
    ^ Buy more shares.
    Serenity now!!!!!
    Insanity, later...
    CrackBerry Genius

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,002 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by inthemix9 View Post
    Hehehehhehehehe best post ever

I seriously do want to buy, how can I buy some stock!?!

Please go to a qualified stock trader In person. Not on TV or radio or here..
    Buying stocks can really make you loads of money or you can lose everything you put in. If you're not well versed on the complexities of stock trader, or if you haven't got cash that you are *willing to lose* then you might want to take a long hard second look.
    For all the armchair prognosticators and analysts, there is a select few who really knows what they're talking about. Don't jump in until you fully understand and are prepared to use money you are willing to lose.

Just a word of caution.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons; dragonslayers are crunchy, and good with ketchup
    BoldAlways likes this.

Global Posts
    9,327 Global Posts
    PIN
    Hey, what did you expect ?

The easiest way is to contact your bank account manager. He'll handle that for you.
    It is not the cheapest solution (by far), but the easiest. Watch out the bank fees (in and out) if you want to buy a small amount; usually you can discuss them, don't be shy and ask.
    Join my BBM Channel : C00035FA6
    "I speak English like a Spanish Cow"
    I'm a StockBerrian, proudly holding 50 150 250 400 550 1000 BlackBerry shares
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    948 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by qbnkelt View Post
    Buying stocks can really make you loads of money or you can lose everything you put in. If you're not well versed on the complexities of stock trader, or if you haven't got cash that you are *willing to lose* then you might want to take a long hard second look.
    That is excellent advice, but as far as RIM is concerned, it has been stated in a lot of places that their stock will never EVER go to "Zero Dollars" in the short term because their assets are worth around $5 per share. If you bought in at $6.50, the most you could reasonably lose is about 20%. If you buy in now at almost $12 per share, you could lose half your investment. I bought in at ~$13 and personally believe that is upside for me to be profitable... that is, coming out with like 100% profit (especially since the money I invested was in a waaaaay underperforming mutual fund that was returning something like .5% per year, which is lower than the rate of inflation, which was actually LOSING money year over year... so investing that money in RIM was, for me, still a gamble, but in my heart AND mind, more like a sure thing.
    I was tapering off. I'm all tapered out now.

Global Posts
    9,327 Global Posts
    PIN

Quote Originally Posted by qbnkelt View Post
    Please go to a qualified stock trader In person. Not on TV or radio or here..
    For all the armchair prognosticators and analysts, there is a select few who really knows what they're talking about. Don't jump in until you fully understand and are prepared to use money you are willing to lose.

Just a word of caution.
    Right. But I believe Crackkookie meant "where", not "how"
    Also, the bank contact should bring some advice and caution to her action, hopefully (no guarantee, badly).
    BoldAlways likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

can't go wrong picking one of these:

Online Brokers - Best Online Stock Brokerages - NASDAQ.com

Global Posts
    9,327 Global Posts
    PIN

Quote Originally Posted by silversun10 View Post
    hum ... looking at the Nasdac partners' transaction fees, looks like my bank is not that expensive, finally (€7 / trans on a foreign stock)