Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree27Likes
    CrackBerry Addict

Default Re: RIM stock above $9

Quote Originally Posted by bungaboy View Post
    Don't try to tell me these guys aren't manipulating stock price with their BS "anaysis".
    Bloggers (i.e. "analysts" from no-name companies) posting non-sensical opinion pieces do not affect stock prices.

Hedge funds that use algorithms that make a million trades per second do. And these algorithms include national and international economies, current bear/bull sentiment, quarterly report expectations (at that time), jobs reports, housing reports, and a gazillion other factors that can be thrown into the algorithm. And of course, positive/negative NEWS released from the company trumps the algorithm.

This is how the stock market works.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    13,078 Global Posts
    PIN
    With Needle

Quote Originally Posted by sosumi11 View Post
    Bloggers (i.e. "analysts" from no-name companies) posting non-sensical opinion pieces do not affect stock prices.

Hedge funds that use algorithms that make a million trades per second do. And these algorithms include national and international economies, current bear/bull sentiment, quarterly report expectations (at that time), jobs reports, housing reports, and a gazillion other factors that can be thrown into the algorithm. And of course, positive/negative NEWS released from the company trumps the algorithm.

This is how the stock market works is manipulated.
    FIFY. LoL

What alogarithm generates this hypothetical crud? ". . . . ultimately likely to fail due to the new and unfamiliar user interface, lack of complementary devices, relatively few applications and what we believe to be a general reticence by app developers to develop for the platform . . . . "
    "Proud member of the Peevishlicious Crew" (Tank Pilot)
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by bungaboy View Post
    FIFY. LoL
    If you are losing in the stock market, that means it's manipulated.
    If you are winning in the stock market, that means you are brilliant.

It's never your fault if you make a bad investment.

Global Posts
    13,078 Global Posts
    PIN
    With Needle

Quote Originally Posted by sosumi11 View Post
    If you are losing in the stock market, that means it's manipulated.
    If you are winning in the stock market, that means you are brilliant.

It's never your fault if you make a bad investment.
    I guess if you are a broker or analyst and you get commissions comming and going and you pump and dump then yes. Life would be good.

When you make a bad investment 9 times out of 10 it is based on the advice or analyses of a broker or analyst.

If you truly believe there is no stock manipulation . . . . . I have a bridge I am looking to sell.
    Banned

If anyone doesn't think the stock markets are not manipulated in some form or another is stupid. Short selling should be banned and is a form of manipulation. Jim Cramer is talking about manipulation of the stockmarket he talks about how he even manipulated RIMM SP down. Watch the youtube video and see what happens everyday and to think they don't pay off media to write up BS to knock a stock down really doesn't understand reality today.

Thanked by 4:
    bungaboy (11-10-2012),  Dapper37 (11-09-2012),  koolrosh (11-20-2012),  Superfly_FR (11-20-2012) 

Global Posts
    6,560 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B6927F7

I've been remarkably lucky with my RIM buys (after chasing the bottom last fall). I got 350 shares at $6.20, then sold them when they hit $8.68 last week (I suspected it would pull back from that high--missed it by a day or so but I'd rather be wrong on the low side than the high one). Put in a buy limit order for 375 if the price got down to $8.15, which it did for about 5 minutes a couple of days ago, so they processed my buy. Already looking better
    Superfly_FR likes this.

Global Posts
    10,358 Global Posts
    PIN
    Hey, what did you expect ?

Is It Time To Buy Into The RIM Story? - Seeking Alpha
    It appears that the worst could be behind the company as the stock is trading significantly off its September 24th lows. The company just won an important security certification which allows it to market the Blackberry 10 to government agencies in the U.S. This is the first time ever that a device has been certified prior to its launch. According to Michael K. Brown, the vice president of security product management and research, no other mobile platform has achieved the level of security offered by the new Blackberry 10 platform. If the Blackberry 10 is received well when it launches, then those who got in early could be rewarded well. Even IDC expects the mobile enterprise security market to do well from 2012-2016 and as RIM is in the dominant player in this field it could recoup a significant portion of the corporate customers it has lost with the launch of Blackberry 10.
    Join my BBM Channel : C00035FA6
    "I speak English like a Spanish Cow"
    I'm a StockBerrian, proudly holding 50 150 250 400 550 1000 BlackBerry shares
    Banned

What is interesting is the SP has went up from it`s lows but the 90 million plus shares that are short are still needed to be covered. That`s almost 20% of the float. Will be interesting when they start to cover.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    479 Global Posts

Default RIM stock above $9

Quote Originally Posted by Caymancroc View Post
    This stock is going up because Jim Cramer said to not get involved with it. If he said to buy it, it would have gone down.
    Cramer was right again. He said to avoid and that was near the bottom. Watch out for when he says to buy it in a few years. It will be at $80 or real high. That will be the day you should dump all your shares. Love making money from Cramer's recommendations.
    Thunderbuck and Bobert_123 like this.

Global Posts
    10,358 Global Posts
    PIN
    CrackBerry Master

speculation is the best fuel for a stock, early speculation about RIM's demise brought the stock down, now with the launch and speculation about how good BB10 nothing is going to stop RIM from rallying until facts come after the launch.
    and one more thing, the launch timing turns BB10 into a Valentine's gift for geeks..........
    CrackBerry Addict

And in other news, technology stock bloggers buy into the fact that they know jack squat and stocks in eating crow go up 14.3%

BBM Channel C0006F5A6
    Mod Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    10,167 Global Posts
    PIN
    Changes way too often

Quote Originally Posted by silversun10 View Post
    (snip)one more thing, the launch timing turns BB10 into a Valentine's gift for geeks..........
    Ding Ding
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    593 Global Posts

Misek says he had expected a more muted response from the carriers; his theory is that “carriers see BB10 as one of their last chances to avoid being locked into a long-term smartphone OS duopoly,” with Android and Apple’s iOS.
    Thorsten Heins already stated this information, I don't buy into this "theory" since TH was already using the term duopoly in interviews.

Independent of true performance however, the market has coincided with his upgrades in the past:
    Last time Misek upgraded RIM to Hold was back in Dec '11. The stock produced a 10%+ move on the day, 20% move over the next 5 days and a staggering 40% move over the next 30.
    Notable Calls: Research in Motion (NASDAQ:RIMM): Carriers surprisingly positive on BB10; Upgrade to Hold - Jefferies
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts

I think we should thank Misek for putting his foot in his mouth. I hope it taste good because you might have to put the other one in later.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Price hit $10 briefly which is exciting. There were a lot of people that believed the price had a way better chance of hitting $5 before hitting $10 and few months ago, that wasn’t very farfetched.
    Superfly_FR likes this.

Global Posts
    10,358 Global Posts
    PIN

Quote Originally Posted by onvisa View Post
    I think we should thank Misek for putting his foot in his mouth. I hope it taste good because you might have to put the other one in later.
    From my link above :
    Jefferies analyst Peter Misek late Monday upped his rating on Research In Motion shares to Hold from Underperform, setting a new price target of $10, up from $5.

Global Posts
    10,358 Global Posts
    PIN

Quote Originally Posted by grreyes24 View Post
    Price hit $10 briefly which is exciting. There were a lot of people that believed the price had a way better chance of hitting $5 before hitting $10 and few months ago, that wasn’t very farfetched.
    yep, even $10.04 ! #IloveThat !!!
    CrackBerry User

Interesting because his fund own it

Global Posts
    13,078 Global Posts
    PIN
    With Needle
    CrackBerry Abuser

It's a matter of time before the shorts bow out and that will send the SP significantly north.

If BB10 puts even the slightest dent in smartphone marketshare the SP could easily double, possibly triple and even go as far as quadrupling from where it's at right now.
    CrackBerry Addict

I may yet indeed be proven to be a wizard.
    CrackBerry Addict

Stock will go WAY up. Get it while at $10.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    713 Global Posts

With the profit I have made with the recent price increase, I can now buy 2 new BB10 phones.
    kdna likes this.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12