Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    330B6526
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default RIM should give whatsapp the middle finger....

RIM should give whatsapp the middle finger.... By making BBM a cross platform app for a fee similar to whatsapp and keep it free for all blackberry users.
    sugbo likes this.
    Waterloo's Finest

Global Posts
    5,409 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nyplaya610 View Post
    RIM should give whatsapp the middle finger.... By making BBM a cross platform app for a fee similar to whatsapp and keep it free for all blackberry users.
    No they should be nice so we get it

Whatsapp will not be on blackberry 10
    Phones: Nokia 5110>Nokia 3360>Siemens C56>Moto RAZR>LG Chocolate>Pearl 8100>Bold 9000 >Pearl 9100 + Bold 9900 > iPhone 4S + Z10 + Bold 9000
    Tablets: 16GB Playbook > Playbook 32GB
    __________________________________________________ _________________________

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE SEXY GIRLS IN YOGA PANTS CHANNEL

C000288CC
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,034 Global Posts

Honestly, i'd prefer if they kept BBM for just the BB's. else it becomes "M" and that's not as smooth in conversation as BBM.(Think Thorsten Heins calling it 'BlackBerry M' in the keynote)
    Device(s): Curve 9300>Bold 9700>Z10>Samsung Galaxy Note 2>Z10 #BlackBerryByChoice
    Tablet: BlackBerry Playbook 32GB
    Thanked by:
    Gelzz (12-17-2012) 
    Gelzz likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    330B6526
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

If BBM is cross platform everyone will download it. BBM 10x better than whatsapp
    eyhab27, Jonesy1966 and sugbo like this.
    Waterloo's Finest

Global Posts
    5,409 Global Posts

If BBM is cross platform everyone will download it. BBM 10x better than whatsapp
    Whatsapp will not be on blackberry 10
    Phones: Nokia 5110>Nokia 3360>Siemens C56>Moto RAZR>LG Chocolate>Pearl 8100>Bold 9000 >Pearl 9100 + Bold 9900 > iPhone 4S + Z10 + Bold 9000
    Tablets: 16GB Playbook > Playbook 32GB
    __________________________________________________ _________________________

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE SEXY GIRLS IN YOGA PANTS CHANNEL

C000288CC
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________

i truly believe that RIM would lose many customers to other phones if they make BBM multi platform
    ~Matt
    Nexus 5, Z10 LE, White Lumia 521, 32GB Nook HD+ & 16GB PB, 32 GB Dell Venue 8 Pro
    @howarmat
    Thanked by 4:
    BB10BelieveIt (12-17-2012),  bp3dots (12-17-2012),  lynxs_claw (12-15-2012),  Roo Zilla (12-15-2012) 
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,034 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by howarmat View Post
    i truly believe that RIM would lose many customers to other phones if they make BBM multi platform
    This is also true, because then "Oh, well i can get an iPhone/Android/WP because now i don't need a BB for BBM"
    Device(s): Curve 9300>Bold 9700>Z10>Samsung Galaxy Note 2>Z10 #BlackBerryByChoice
    Tablet: BlackBerry Playbook 32GB
    Banned

whats app wants to be like BBM but fails on so many levels. Once BBM with video , voice and money and other surprises , people will want BBM.
    Thanked by:
    Jake Storm (12-15-2012) 
    Gelzz and Knightcrawler like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Default RIM should give whatsapp the middle finger....

Even if Whatsapp (which I often use) is supporting BB10, I guess RIM would like to announce that around the end of January. The more 'surprises' the better. So don't be mad because they say they don't support at this moment. It would be poor marketing to give this information away right now..

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    00stryder, BB10FTW and sugbo like this.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,333 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by howarmat View Post
    And I have believed it's why we haven't to date and won't see it on the PlayBook until after the BB10 phones are released.

I don't understand the notion that BB10 can be a success if the BlackBerry World logo is not as ubiquitous as the iTunes and Play Store logo. BB should be giving the finger to no one and Mr Saunders gets that, thank goodness he's working his **** off (when he's not making music videos ) to get that accomplished. We should want anything that anyone would ever want to load on a smartphone to not have the BlackBerry World logo on day 1 that the app is launched
    CrackBerry Addict

This is one tough topic eh. There is really no winners here. I would love to have a cross platform for BBM eh maybe combine it with BBM voice and videos and charge people for it?? I think BBM will be huge one day eh its becoming more then a massaging service. BBM voice, music, chat, money etc, pretty exciting stuff eh. But in the same time I don't want to lose bb users because of it =(
    In RIM i trust =)
    Be Proud
    9700(black)-9700(white)-9790-9900(black)-9900(white)-Playbook 32/64GB/LTE-Z10(black)-Z10(white)-Q10(black)
    BlackBerry by choice
    sugbo likes this.
    Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    11,701 Global Posts

WhatsApp is a security breach just waiting to happen any how.
    Answers are easy. It's asking the right questions which is hard. - The Doctor

[ Mobile Nations Sites: Android, iOS, Windows Phone, BlackBerry, Connectedly]
    CrackBerry User

I had a pretty cool idea. I am not 100% sure BBM should be made available to other platform phones but I did think it would be really cool if it were integrated into a future version of Desktop Manager. Having the ability to chat via BBM straight from desktops would be pretty awesome and if this enticed people to download the software to use BBM then it would create a unique opportunity for RIM to demonstrate and market to non BB Phone users in a up close and personal way. The more in their face it would be and if the addicting nature of BBM was consistent on a desktop experience perhaps this would translate to more people willing to give it a try or change their opinion of BlackBerry once they actually realize how much you can do. Non believers need to experience for themselves the power of BlackBerry Devices. Just a thought I had that seems pretty cool. No???
    Thanked by:
    annon91221 (12-16-2012) 
    Qaxl, jstarett and owadkelly like this.
    Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    11,701 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rockitnyc View Post
    I had a pretty cool idea. I am not 100% sure BBM should be made available to other platform phones but I did think it would be really cool if it were integrated into a future version of Desktop Manager. Having the ability to chat via BBM straight from desktops would be pretty awesome and if this enticed people to download the software to use BBM then it would create a unique opportunity for RIM to demonstrate and market to non BB Phone users in a up close and personal way. The more in their face it would be and if the addicting nature of BBM was consistent on a desktop experience perhaps this would translate to more people willing to give it a try or change their opinion of BlackBerry once they actually realize how much you can do. Non believers need to experience for themselves the power of BlackBerry Devices. Just a thought I had that seems pretty cool. No???
    It's a great idea........... that RIM thought of years ago but has never made publicly available lol.
    Answers are easy. It's asking the right questions which is hard. - The Doctor

[ Mobile Nations Sites: Android, iOS, Windows Phone, BlackBerry, Connectedly]
    CrackBerry Genius

Rather than a desktop version, the best way forward would be a webclient, it would obviously be inferior to the native bb10 client so the selling point would still be there for blackberries but the shine was taken off all these bbm-wannabes.

As far as whatsapp, any app that is fairly popular would be handy to have on any device, but the amount of people declaring it as vital need to get a grip when you consider just how many cross-platform options there are such as gtalk, facebook messenger and the like.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Bla1ze View Post
    WhatsApp is a security breach just waiting to happen any how.
    This is why I never entertained the thought of installing it.
    When I went cross platform I went with LiveProfile.
    It uses a personal PIN system rather than retrieving all of your contact data in the cloud.

However, I am not knocking those who like to use it.
    It's obviously highly popular, requested, and provides additional options...
    Just not for me.
    MY TAKE ON THE Z10... I DON'T KNOW HOW, OR WHY, BUT IT WORKS!!!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    647 Global Posts
    PIN

They already gave it the middle finger, in 2005 when they created BBM
    WhatsApp is just another CP messaging service that makes laborious what SMS made easy
    BBM is a mobile social network it's much more than WhatsApp, or Viber, or KIK
    Who needs um'
    BlackBerry 10 is not late. It's early. @JMZNVS @BBRYFLOW
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    524 Global Posts

I agree BBM should go cross-platform. It's a first-class service that would bring in subscriber revenue from the other platforms, and keep the Blackberry name fresh and relevant in the minds of mobile users. Notice how Google is quick to port excellent apps to iOS, despite having their own ecosystem? Do you think having an excellent Google Maps app on iOS hurts Google? No - it keeps users linked to the brand and maybe next time they choose an Android.

Much like the Google approach, BBM could have a slightly limited feature set on other platforms - reel them in and hook 'em with the basic service and make them think about purchasing a Blackberry handset for additional features next time. This could apply to the entire suite of BB apps - they're already going to be managing other devices for Enterprise; lets farm-out BB travel, BB traffic, etc as paid apps and get people back into the habit of depending on Blackberry.
    gokulesh likes this.
    CrackBerry User

There hiding the fact that whatsapp will be on BB10 there just saying no for now.
    BlackBerry

Global Posts
    6,170 Global Posts

Haha this thread is funny. No whatsapp for BB10.

Blackberry M? Hahaha. As in blackberry messenger? I think that's what its called right now
    BB4Life
    CrackBerry Genius

RIM should give whatsapp the middle finger....
    Sure... Here you go...
    ┌П┐(͡˘˛˘ ͡) ┌П┐

HTH
    MY TAKE ON THE Z10... I DON'T KNOW HOW, OR WHY, BUT IT WORKS!!!
    Thanked by:
    bb624 (12-16-2012) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,759 Global Posts

I'd like to see BBM on WIndows Phone and have those two platforms join forces against the others. I can see a world where Microsoft and RIM share features and use their advantages to take share away from Apple and Google.
    www.gbv.asia

"Bridging the Gap" between your Company and Asia
    -Global Business Ventures - Proud supporters of all things BlackBerry
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    330B6526
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #23  

Guys by middle finger, I don't mean it literally Giving them the middle finger. What I meant was by them releasing BBM to other platform would mean screwing whatsapp over because they would lose clients. What would yourather pay $1 ayear for? BBM or Whatsapp? Of course its BBM. Everyone that I know that's left BB, they love and miss BBM but not enough to stay with the phones RIM is offering now (Pre-BB10)
    xiaohuaxing likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

BBM is the most secure private social network in the world. It belongs on BlackBerry devices. Period. End of story.
    Purchase these awesome apps for Z10 (BB10-device): Utilities: Mobile Network | Developer ModeBluetooth | Mobile Hotspot | NFC | Learn Essential Japanese Verbs | Ultimate Powerball BlackBoard Lite Coming SOON!: Mega Millions 10, 5 Slides, Markdown Man, Movie Title Creator, Pixel Censor
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey_T View Post
    I agree BBM should go cross-platform. It's a first-class service that would bring in subscriber revenue from the other platforms, and keep the Blackberry name fresh and relevant in the minds of mobile users. Notice how Google is quick to port excellent apps to iOS, despite having their own ecosystem? Do you think having an excellent Google Maps app on iOS hurts Google? No - it keeps users linked to the brand and maybe next time they choose an Android.
    You are misunderstanding the reason behind google doing things like releasing maps on ios, they want android to do well, but the more important thing is for the overall business to do well i.e. the advertising side of things.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast