Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    593 Global Posts

So, are investors getting all tingly ahead of the big save-the-company launch?
    Uh, nope.
    RIM today is down 45 cents, or 5.1%, to $8.36.
    Well on Yahoo Finance, all markets are in red today. How can the analyst pinpoint excitement to one moment in time?
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by BaconMunch View Post
    How can the analyst pinpoint excitement to one moment in time?
    Because he's an idio... individual with an agenda??

Si.
    r0v3rT3N and hpjrt like this.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    18,621 Global Posts

IOS emails are delivering spotty service over the past week...he's just cranky.
    r0v3rT3N and hpjrt like this.

Global Posts
    6,023 Global Posts

Well regardless of his cheap shot at the end of his article, the main point is what interests me the most...... RIM anounced that BB10 WILL be launching in February. No more speculation or rumours of March.... at least in most major markets

Quote Originally Posted by cjcampbell View Post
    Well regardless of his cheap shot at the end of his article, the main point is what interests me the most...... RIM anounced that BB10 WILL be launching in February. No more speculation or rumours of March.... at least in most major markets
    where did they say that? I know they said the platform would be introduced on Jan 30 but did not see anything stating devices would be released at any certain timeframe other than "not too long after"
    ~Matt
    OnePlus One, Nexus 5, Z10 LE, White Lumia 521, 32GB Nook HD+ & 16GB PB, 32 GB Dell Venue 8 Pro
    @howarmat

Global Posts
    6,023 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by howarmat View Post
    where did they say that? I know they said the platform would be introduced on Jan 30 but did not see anything stating devices would be released at any certain timeframe other than "not too long after"
    It states it within the first two paragraphs of the Forbes article.

Which is pretty much the whole article.

ah i see that now. I missed that article and only saw the other one. Good deal
    ~Matt
    OnePlus One, Nexus 5, Z10 LE, White Lumia 521, 32GB Nook HD+ & 16GB PB, 32 GB Dell Venue 8 Pro
    @howarmat
    cjcampbell likes this.

Global Posts
    7,758 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by howarmat View Post
    Tech Currents - Seeking Alpha

Technically speaking, March 1 is within "30 days of the company's launch event," but I have a feeling it'll be a February launch.
    Models and Supported Frequencies: Z10, Q10, Q5, Z30, Passport, Classic
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,355 Global Posts
    PIN
    @getdjmac

RIM to sell BB10 phones within days of the Jan 30th launch party.

BlackBerry 10 Phones Releasing in February After Launch Event, says RIM COO Kristian Tear - N4BB
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,900 Global Posts

January 30th is at the end of the month....there is 28 days in February. Whether they are aware of this is not known or they really meant 30 days which in other Calendar terms is 28, 29, 30....soo basically 29 means March 1st and 30 means March 2. Soo I'm going with March 2nd the phones will be released.
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by calicocat2010 View Post
    January 30th is at the end of the month....there is 28 days in February. Whether they are aware of this is not known or they really meant 30 days which in other Calendar terms is 28, 29, 30....soo basically 29 means March 1st and 30 means March 2. Soo I'm going with March 2nd the phones will be released.
    I must be missing something. The N4BB article says "within days" ... so where are you getting 30 days after launch? Just curious ...
    Posted using my 32 gig Playbook - and 9 times out of 10, my new BB OEM mini keyboard
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,900 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hpjrt View Post
    I must be missing something. The N4BB article says "within days" ... so where are you getting 30 days after launch? Just curious ...
    Because RIM confirmed it.

We want to do it as quickly as possible, Chief Operating Officer Kristian Tear said in an interview following RIMs announcement of the Jan. 30 date earlier in the day. Though the first phones wont go on sale simultaneously worldwide, RIM is aiming for a release on multiple continents within 30 days of the unveiling, Tear said.

30 days from January 30th is March 2nd if you calculate how I figured it out in my original post.
    Thanked by:
    hpjrt (11-14-2012) 
    CrackBerry Master

Because RIM confirmed it.

“We want to do it as quickly as possible,” Chief Operating Officer Kristian Tear said in an interview following RIM’s announcement of the Jan. 30 date earlier in the day. Though the first phones won’t go on sale simultaneously worldwide, RIM is aiming for a release on multiple continents within 30 days of the unveiling, Tear said.

30 days from January 30th is March 2nd if you calculate how I figured it out in my original post.
    Ah! Thanks! I knew I was missing something somewhere!
    Posted using my 32 gig Playbook - and 9 times out of 10, my new BB OEM mini keyboard
  14. cgk
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    7,830 Global Posts

Default RE: RIM sees BB10 devices available soon after launch

So when the analysts said this wouldn't launch until march, they were right or are we really going to quibble over a couple of days?
    Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,169 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper37 View Post
    RIM to sell BB10 phones within days of the Jan 30th launch party.

BlackBerry 10 Phones Releasing in February After Launch Event, says RIM COO Kristian Tear - N4BB
    Only if they value their credibility and existence. As I said the other day the launch of BlackBerry 10 is the make or break moment in the sun for Research In Motion. If anything goes sideways the BlackBerry brand will be DOA. Holding a launch event without product already in the distribution channel would be suicidal.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,900 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cgk View Post
    So when the analysts said this wouldn't launch until march, they were right or are we really going to quibble over a couple of days?
    Couple of days is like 5 or 10....they said 30 which is more than enough and March is Still part of Q1.
    I wait for the future...to COME back to BlackBerry!
    CrackBerry Addict

We've waited so long, does it really matter if released in February or March 1st?

Global Posts
    10,312 Global Posts
    PIN
    Hey, what did you expect ?

Quote Originally Posted by cgk View Post
    If you consider the pre-oder option, yes it is very important, even a matter of 5 days can change a lot on the market speculative feeling.
    In addition, assuming that RIM ships the first BB 10 devices 1-2 weeks after the announcement, BB 10 will benefit earnings in the quarter ending late Feb. Thus, the number of bad RIM earnings ahead would not be the two quarters (ending Dec. 1 and March 2) that the market expects, but only one quarter (ending Dec. 1).
    5 Reasons Why It Is Better To Buy RIM Shares Than Apple | The Gadget Masters
    Join my BBM Channel : C00035FA6
    "I speak English like a Spanish Cow"
    I'm a StockBerrian, proudly holding 50 150 250 400 550 1000 BlackBerry shares

Global Posts
    7,758 Global Posts

It's actually March 1st. You forgot January 31st in your calculation.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,900 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raino View Post
    It's actually March 1st. You forgot January 31st in your calculation.
    No I did not. January 31st would cause it to be more than 30 days of what RIM is stating. I was going by the Other calendar years that have more than 28 days. January 30th from my calculation is When the Event happens.

So January 30th (second to last date of the month) February 28th (Official Last Date of that month)...that's 28 days..For Regular Calendar year--
    March 1st makes 29 days. March 2nd makes 30 days. March 2nd is Still within the next 30 days of what RIM COO has Planned.

Or like this: January 30th + 30 days equals 60 days.
    By that 60 days is TWO months--- January And February.
    February only has 28 days so you have to make up 2 days.
    March 1st - 29th day.
    March 2nd - 30th Day.

Now if RIM held the Event January 31st then yes simple math means 30 days from that or a MONTH (which is 30 days) is Feb 31st. But that does not exist so that would turn into 28 days plus 2 more meaning March 2nd.

Just look at the calendar and see that you Have to cound 30 days. February you can't count 30 it is only 28. Add two days to make 30 days and you end up with March 2nd.
    Last edited by calicocat2010; 11-15-2012 at 01:25 PM.

Global Posts
    6,558 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B6927F7

No I did not. January 31st would cause it to be more than 30 days of what RIM is stating. I was going by the Other calendar years that have more than 28 days. January 30th from my calculation is When the Event happens.

So January 30th (second to last date of the month) February 28th (Official Last Date of that month)...that's 28 days..For Regular Calendar year--
    March 1st makes 29 days. March 2nd makes 30 days. March 2nd is Still within the next 30 days of what RIM COO has Planned.

Or like this: January 30th + 30 days equals 60 days.
    By that 60 days is TWO months--- January And February.
    February only has 28 days so you have to make up 2 days.
    March 1st - 29th day.
    March 2nd - 30th Day.

Now if RIM held the Event January 31st then yes simple math means 30 days from that or a MONTH (which is 30 days) is Feb 31st. But that does not exist so that would turn into 28 days plus 2 more meaning March 2nd.
    Are you really trying to defend your inability to count?

January 30 + 30 = "January 60"
    January 31 + 29 = "January 60"
    February 1 + 28 = "January 60"
    February 28 + 1 = "January 60"
    "January 60" is actually March 1.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,900 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbuck View Post
    Are you really trying to defend your inability to count?

January 30 + 30 = "January 60"
    January 31 + 29 = "January 60"
    February 1 + 28 = "January 60"
    February 28 + 1 = "January 60"
    "January 60" is actually March 1.
    I edited my post before you posted...look at a calendar.
    I wait for the future...to COME back to BlackBerry!

Global Posts
    7,758 Global Posts

I edited my post before you posted...look at a calendar.
    March 1 is within 30 days of January 30th (i.e. the 30th day.) March 2nd is 30 days after January 30th.

Mathematically, what I'm saying is 3/1 is (x,30], and you're saying 3/1 is (x,30).

And I can't believe I just put a math analogy here...
    meganVee likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

January has 31 days.
    February has 28 days.
    31 - 30 (day of launch) = 1 Day left in January
    1 + 28 (days in February) = 29 Days.
    Therefore March 1 = 30 days... Not March 2, that would be 31 days.

Is addition really THAT hard to do? No... But common sense is not common soooo...
    Former: Motorola MicroTac- Motorola V120x - Nokia 3280 - Audiovox 8600 - Audiovox 8410 - Samsung A920 - LG Vx8500 (Chocolate) - BlackBerry Pearl 8130 - LG Vx9700 (Dare) - BlackBerry Curve 8530 - BlackBerry Torch 9800 - BlackBerry Torch 9810

Current: BlackBerry PlayBook 64GB WiFi; BlackBerry PlayBook 32GB WiFi; BlackBerry Z10!!!

Life can only be understood backward, but it must be lived forward.
    raino likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast