Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By W Hoa
  • 1 Post By rolltide78
  • 3 Post By Superfly_FR
    CrackBerry Master

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default RIM on the Rebound! Itís Time to Get Bullish on Blackberry Says Jackson

"If [BB10] works in the next year, I think the stock could go to $40 and really shock a lot of people," Jackson concludes.

Don't look now, but shares of blackberry-maker Research in Motion (RIMM) are up over 50% since the start of November. Several analyst upgrades for RIM have created a splash of confidence that's having a positive ripple effect for the stock price. But the sustainability of the recent rise is contingent upon success of the Blackberry 10, expected to officially launch on January 30 and begin shipping in February.

"They have been clowns for the last five years, lets state that upfront," says Eric Jackson, founder of IronFire Capital about the BB10 launch. "I just don't think at this point they're going to screw up from here."

RIM on the Rebound! It
    Thanked by 2:
    dbollman423 (12-06-2012),  Superfly_FR (12-06-2012) 
    Superfly_FR and dbollman423 like this.
    CrackBerry Master

That's what I'm talking about!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    545 Global Posts

Those guys are the clowns. "Security doesn't really matter anymore?" "I don't know why people carry those around and..." .."I'm amazed when I see them"...
    Wino Ryder likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

the bald dude is a total azzhat
    CrackBerry Addict

I was just about to post this. Glad I checked first!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    477 Global Posts

Wow, that bald guy is an enormous dust. Figure it out buddy, stick to reading your news stories.
    Remember to RTFM.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,023 Global Posts

That guy made me angry... not because of "what" he said (that was pretty douchy too though), but his demeanor as a whole.... This isn't a blog where you'd expect opinion, as it's not considered journalism. This is supposed to be news and this guy has such a biased, arrogant, and sheer disturbing, attitude.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask and I may Share

Quote Originally Posted by cjcampbell View Post
    That guy made me angry... not because of "what" he said (that was pretty douchy too though), but his demeanor as a whole.... This isn't a blog where you'd expect opinion, as it's not considered journalism. This is supposed to be news and this guy has such a biased, arrogant, and sheer disturbing, attitude.
    Come on...you're expecting too much from Yahoo. They are more irrelevant than any other tech site that has been on the bash on rim bandwagon....well maybe not as irrelevant as BGR but right behind them. The ignorance from the comments is almost as amusing as the bald as5

Global Posts
    10,308 Global Posts
    PIN
    Hey, what did you expect ?

None of these guys are BlackBerry users/fans. But the point is the analyst (that has been bullish for over a week now on CNBC) is clearly stating "I don't get who are these guys are or why they are still loyal to BlackBerry, but they are, and count them for at least 80 millions". It's good to have these kind of reviews; it breaks the "hype is gold" in favor of "numbers are facts".
    Good for the stock. #IlikeThat.
    Join my BBM Channel : C00035FA6
    "I speak English like a Spanish Cow"
    I'm a StockBerrian, proudly holding 50 150 250 400 550 1000 BlackBerry shares
    CrackBerry User

Bald guy is an opinionated *****...The other guy is a realist and I consider him an intelligent person. He basically said "Look, I like my iPhone, I'm going to continue using it because I like it, but RIM's future looks promising, and I'm going to invest in it because of that"...

The one guy is a reporter/entertainer(not a very good one either way) and the other is an investor. I basically had the same outlook on the iPhone back in 2007/2008. I've hated apple products as long as I can remember, mainly due to their prices and restrictions, but when the first iPhone was released, I was impressed with it. I wasn't going to pay the price to use it when my BlackBerry served me well, but it was an impressive device.

I also didn't have a whole lot of money for investing at the time, but I was able to get about 10 share of apple at around $120/share. Sometimes your interest in technology doesn't align with your interest in stocks.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    PIN
    2151F248

When Jackson's credit card data stored in his iDevice or Androird go stoled, he will go crying with his mamma

Security is the KEY of the movile future, more a more, a lot of money transfer and another stuff will be done via smartphones.... imagine all those hackers waiting for your data...
    That is the reason i feel secure with my BlackBerry.
    Live Long and Prosper!
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    yeah right

Quote Originally Posted by rolltide78 View Post
    Those guys are the clowns. "Security doesn't really matter anymore?" "I don't know why people carry those around and..." .."I'm amazed when I see them"...
    Actually its quite entertaining. These guys redefine idiocy, mainly the interviewer. "Security doesnt really matter anymore?". The cybernews media worldwide is filled with stories of hackers and "hacktivists" like "anonymous" breaking into banks and smartphones, stealing account numbers and wreaking havoc on a global scale, and this ***** says "security doesnt really matter anymore" What, are you kidding me?............and this guy Jackson, "I dont know why people still carry these things (blackberries) around". WHAT??...Youre a stock analyst and you dont know why??.....How about this for the 'Hot tip of the day'.....Brush up on "WHY" and find out why, that way people might be more inclined to seek your financial advice a little better. At least you were (finally) positive about RIM for a change.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by Wino Ryder View Post
    Actually its quite entertaining. These guys redefine idiocy, mainly the interviewer. "Security doesnt really matter anymore?". The cybernews media worldwide is filled with stories of hackers and "hacktivists" like "anonymous" breaking into banks and smartphones, stealing account numbers and wreaking havoc on a global scale, and this ***** says "security doesnt really matter anymore" What, are you kidding me?............and this guy Jackson, "I dont know why people still carry these things (blackberries) around". WHAT??...Youre a stock analyst and you dont know why??.....How about this for the 'Hot tip of the day'.....Brush up on "WHY" and find out why, that way people might be more inclined to seek your financial advice a little better. At least you were (finally) positive about RIM for a change.
    Most people carry them around because they are forced to in order to get their company email
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default RIM on the Rebound! Itís Time to Get Bullish on Blackberry Says Jackson

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalki