Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree24Likes
    CrackBerry Abuser

Perhaps this particular article isn't insulting or critical in specific, but it's still weaksauce when it comes to pointing out anything even remotely positive concerning RIM or BB 10...
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because you're all the same!
    Storm 9530 -> Pearl 9100 -> Torch 9860
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,465 Global Posts
    PIN
    Proud contributer to The Human Fund

Quote Originally Posted by GTiLeo View Post
    you sould take a look as they decided to bring up a comment they made about the BB jam Americas dev relation song like they did during a podcast
    *Should

You can't honestly think that the "music video" (and I use that term loosely) shouldn't be the subject of jest..seeings how the whole thing was a joke to begin with. If you're mad at someone for poking fun at what was a joke video to begin with..then you've got some serious fanboi issues.
    "Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all." -Sam Ewing
    Rollin' on Twitter
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,465 Global Posts
    PIN
    Proud contributer to The Human Fund

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat665 View Post
    Perhaps this particular article isn't insulting or critical in specific, but it's still weaksauce when it comes to pointing out anything even remotely positive concerning RIM or BB 10...
    Perhaps you'd be happier if their title was "ZOMG BB10 PICS!! BB10 FTW!!!"...
    "Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all." -Sam Ewing
    Rollin' on Twitter
    Banned

Global Posts
    307 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes View Post
    Im not even going to click on the link. Ive seen the picture and i dont even want to know what kind of spin these guys put on the story
    No! I like back cover of BB 10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by Rickroller View Post
    Perhaps you'd be happier if their title was "ZOMG BB10 PICS!! BB10 FTW!!!"...
    No... Such hyperbole isn't required... and it'swfully dimwitted of you to assume THAT of me and other crackberry fans here.

We've heard it over and over, ad-nauseam, from the likes of you about all the problems, foibles and failures or RIM and the BlackBerry brand. We have been hoping against hope that RIM doesn't become another storied Canadian tech company that will have to shutter its doors. WE are painfully aware that RIM will have a very steep uphill battle to fight in the upcoming year or two. WE understand that it's pretty well do-or-die, now, and that there's no turning back. We are perfectly aware and informed of what's going on without your incessant, idiotically negative kibitzing added on top! It looks more and more like your camp is becoming increasingly wrong about the fortunes of BlackBerry. We've had enough and it's slowly getting to be the time for ding-dongs like you to SHUT IT!!! Go get stuffed!
    Last edited by Bobcat665; 12-11-2012 at 02:18 AM.
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because you're all the same!
    gokulesh and Masahiro like this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    747 Global Posts

I'm sorry but they are EXTREMELY biased especially with Apple. Best computer.....Apple. Best phone....Apple. Best tablet....Apple.etc. Not to mention their troll editors and troll followers are BB bashers. I think they rated the bold 9900 a 5 out of 10 and every other BB product is right around there or lower. They are awful and are extremely biased towards any platform that is not Apple and to add fuel to the fire their website looks like it was coded by a group of hyper active web designers who haven't slept in three years and live on energy drinks and red vines.
    bigbmc26 and GTiLeo like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Why so serious?

Default Re: RIM posts first teaser shot of new BlackBerry 10 phone as launch approaches - TheVerge

Quote Originally Posted by Unbiased Tech View Post
    I'm sorry but they are EXTREMELY biased especially with Apple. Best computer.....Apple. Best phone....Apple. Best tablet....Apple.etc. Not to mention their troll editors and troll followers are BB bashers. I think they rated the bold 9900 a 5 out of 10 and every other BB product is right around there or lower. They are awful and are extremely biased towards any platform that is not Apple and to add fuel to the fire their website looks like it was coded by a group of hyper active web designers who haven't slept in three years and live on energy drinks and red vines.
    Now THERE'S an assumption of the verge I can get behind
    ***One cannot get anywhere in life unless they are willing to steal the tiger's wallet.***
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    295 Global Posts

Lol.....
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #34  

I'm sorry but they are EXTREMELY biased especially with Apple. Best computer.....Apple. Best phone....Apple. Best tablet....Apple.etc..
    I think they may have started that way when some of them were at Engadget but Joshua Topolsky has even gone on recorded and stated his every day phone is an Android device. It's hard not to drink the Apple kool-aid when you're main source of revenue is ad placement, you want traffic at the EOD thru your site.
    I feel their reviews are relatively fair for other devices.
    iBGR on the other hand...
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    954 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AA07827

[QUOTE=DenverRalphy;7773384]How can you have possibly found the article to be a downer? Seriously... All the article did was show the image. What did they do? They "helped promote" the image.. And what do you devil's advocates do? You point out evil where it doesn't exist.

The article promoted BB more so than anything else. Seriously... WTF! Are you so conditioned in the media that you automatically assume the worst?

By promote you mean the first half which states what everybody already knows if they've been reading ANY tech site/blog/rag.

"That's still some time away, after a long and tumultuous lead-up, so it's no surprise that the company is trying to hold consumers' attention while it prepares its next move. Unfortunately, while not as outright painful as the music video for developers, this isn't all that exciting either."

Yeah.....really helping there.

And the "evils" you speak of have been mentioned everywhere ad nauseum. But I guess you could go the route of "well it's true isn't it?" or "they deserve it!"......speaking of automatically conditioned....

And the irony of your last charge....."Are you so conditioned in the media that you automatically assume the worst?"
    No, sir.

The media is so conditioned to automatically assume the worst.

So, yes, WTF.
    gokulesh likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    307 Global Posts

The first picture of BB 10 L:

What do you think about ????
    Last edited by Luckyman6886; 12-11-2012 at 09:54 PM.
    sf49ers likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,206 Global Posts
    PIN
    32FE97BA
    O.G.

Global Posts
    12,346 Global Posts

Very similar to

CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by avt123 View Post
    You think you can do any better? Be our guest...
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,062 Global Posts

Default RIM posts first teaser shot of new BlackBerry 10 phone as launch approaches - TheVerge

These images changed my view on the first BB 10 device (from a physical appearance pov), now all they have to do is clean up the UI and I'm all game.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Genius

It looks like a production proof. There aren't any certification labels, like CE, FCC ID, etc.

The reflections are hazy, which means perhaps a matte-ish finish to the glass.
    O.G.

Global Posts
    12,346 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat665 View Post
    You think you can do any better? Be our guest...
    Did I offend you or something? I never said I can do any better. I just said the devices look very similar.

I even said in a different thread that I think this is nicer than the Droid X.
    jfamousm likes this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thumbs up

"hipster plus *********=hipbag"
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by avt123 View Post
    Did I offend you or something? I never said I can do any better. I just said the devices look very similar.

I even said in a different thread that I think this is nicer than the Droid X.
    Fair enough...
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,283 Global Posts

the verge can eat their word now, nothing exciting here my hairy arse. looks far nicer to me then the iphone5
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #46  

looks wise I think it's slick, I wish they had an option for the faux leather back similar to the bold 9000.

Not relating to looks, 1800 mah... that seems lacking for today's smart phones no?
    CrackBerry Addict

Default Re: RIM posts first teaser shot of new BlackBerry 10 phone as launch approaches - TheVerge

1800 is less for Android. Might be enough for blackberry. And even if not, at least the battery is replaceable. Can carry a few spares for a trip

Sent from the awesome Sony xperia S
    Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted
    CrackBerry User

Don't tease if you can't please...
    Quote Originally Posted by snowman888 View Post
    RIM posts first teaser shot of new BlackBerry 10 phone as launch approaches | The Verge

Not much of a view but the back of the device looks slick
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by bb10 in A minor View Post
    they wanted to make sure that they did not drop an essential feature -- -the battery pull.
    What, exactly, is that supposed to mean? As I've pointed out elsewhere at least a couple of times already, there is no such thing as a flawless, completely crash-proof OS: there needs to be a device reset facility of one type or another. If you've spent any time with a PlayBook at all you would know that there is no easy way to remove the battery so there had to be a completely different way to reboot the device hard coded into the OS, namely: pressing down and holding the power button. The removable battery is useful for several reasons, not just as some awkward (and antiquated) means of doing a restart!
    Last edited by Bobcat665; 12-12-2012 at 04:29 PM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12