Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default RIM posts first teaser shot of new BlackBerry 10 phone as launch approaches - TheVerge

RIM posts first teaser shot of new BlackBerry 10 phone as launch approaches | The Verge

Not much of a view but the back of the device looks slick
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,283 Global Posts

seen before, i'm sure the info was taken from crackberry also, the shot was shown here friday night from a member that received it in an email update.
    Last edited by GTiLeo; 12-10-2012 at 03:56 PM.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,042 Global Posts

Default RIM posts first teaser shot of new BlackBerry 10 phone as launch approaches - TheVerge

Everyone seems overly concerned about the button on the top of the phone being the power button. That clearly indicates they don't know what is about to drop - no need for the button if it is there anyways, if you can wake with a gesture

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Mod Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    10,167 Global Posts
    PIN
    Changes way too often

Quote Originally Posted by BrizzadMan View Post
    Everyone seems overly concerned about the button on the top of the phone being the power button. That clearly indicates they don't know what is about to drop - no need for the button if it is there anyways, if you can wake with a gesture

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Keep in mind both Dev devices have a physical button on top that can also put the phone into a screen lock, turn off the device when held, and bring up the restart/lock menu...
    Thanked by:
    Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes (12-10-2012) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,065 Global Posts
    PIN
    Temporarily sans BB

Quote Originally Posted by GTiLeo View Post
    seen before, i'm sure the info was taken from crackberry also, the shot was shown here friday night from a member that received it in an email update. the verge are a bunch of dolts and what they say really bares nothing as their info is all based on passed events, reason why they are still commenting about BB jam america's dev relations teams song. its funny that a bunch of socially awkward geeks, that mostlikely got their asses stuffed into lockers are commenting about another sort of nerdy way of grabbing attention and trying to give a moral boost
    That's kinda harsh. Considering that The Verge is one of the more reliable mobile-tech news sites (and one of the few worth reading), completely non-biased, and actually sets a high standard in their articles.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,283 Global Posts

i beg to differ

their pretty quick it insult and bash on things what have you seen from them about BB10 that is true and unbias? all i've ever heard them do is slander anythign that isn't android or ios constant insulting and frankly its not even good, its imply the same crap that is said over and over they try to make themselves look liek they are cooler and better then they really are. like i stated they are social outcasts tryign to fit in to the society that shunned them and made them feel small
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,415 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DenverRalphy View Post
    That's kinda harsh. Considering that The Verge is one of the more reliable mobile-tech news sites (and one of the few worth reading), completely non-biased, and actually sets a high standard in their articles.
    And that isn't saying much is it. Have you ever watched their podcasts, on the verge? Subject matter good but ability is horrible. And why is it they never stop smiling? Its a carnival for sure - a puppet carnival.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Why so serious?

Default Re: RIM posts first teaser shot of new BlackBerry 10 phone as launch approaches - TheVerge

i beg to differ

their pretty quick it insult and bash on things what have you seen from them about BB10 that is true and unbias? all i've ever heard them do is slander anythign that isn't android or ios constant insulting and frankly its not even good, its imply the same crap that is said over and over
    I like reading The Verge from time to time. Nothing wrong with them or what they report on. What's harsh is your assuming that they must be socially awkward geeks who "got stuffed into lockers," simply because you don't like the way they report.

On the same token, I must be able to assume that you're an illiterate, unschooled bully simply by your lack of knowledge in basic punctuation and spelling, and your blatant disregard for common courtesy, right?

Sounds about as ridiculous.
    ***One cannot get anywhere in life unless they are willing to steal the tiger's wallet.***
    whitbags and notfanboy like this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Like with any of these articles, the comments sections is typically far more entertaining ..... so many haters
    Moon_Juice likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    PIN
    nacle of phones: BB!

uh oh - here they come! Get in before the lock . . .
    It was recently pointed out to me that SugarSync was still in my signature, and no longer available for free. It was a nice (free) ride, SugarSync, but I'm seeing Box and Dropbox now, via BB10 integration.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,065 Global Posts
    PIN
    Temporarily sans BB

i beg to differ

their pretty quick it insult and bash on things what have you seen from them about BB10 that is true and unbias? all i've ever heard them do is slander anythign that isn't android or ios constant insulting and frankly its not even good, its imply the same crap that is said over and over they try to make themselves look liek they are cooler and better then they really are. like i stated they are social outcasts tryign to fit in to the society that shunned them and made them feel small
    Your browser must display an entirely different version of The Verge than mine does. They rarely bash anybody, and are actually quick to point out the shortcomings of iOS and Android when it deserves merit. You may not always like what they have to say, but their statements are not based on bias. They're probably the only mobile tech reporting site that makes it a point not to fall prey to the petty platform wars.

I'm sure a short search on The Verge can probably yield the occasional article that may not be friendly to BB, but you'll also find much more positive BB articles. Many many more positive articles than you'll find on any other mobile tech site (aside from BB dedicated sites anyway).
    Waterloo's Finest

Global Posts
    5,638 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Apprentice View Post
    Keep in mind both Dev devices have a physical button on top that can also put the phone into a screen lock, turn off the device when held, and bring up the restart/lock menu...
    What length of hold brings up the restart/lock menu
    Waterloo's Finest

Global Posts
    5,638 Global Posts

Im not even going to click on the link. Ive seen the picture and i dont even want to know what kind of spin these guys put on the story
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,283 Global Posts

Your browser must display an entirely different version of The Verge than mine does. They rarely bash anybody, and are actually quick to point out the shortcomings of iOS and Android when it deserves merit. You may not always like what they have to say, but their statements are not based on bias. They're probably the only mobile tech reporting site that makes it a point not to fall prey to the petty platform wars.

I'm sure a short search on The Verge can probably yield the occasional article that may not be friendly to BB, but you'll also find much more positive BB articles. Many many more positive articles than you'll find on any other mobile tech site (aside from BB dedicated sites anyway).
    you may be right if i do a search but from what i've seen from their podcasts i'd prefer not to as i do not respect the reporters on that site

also before this thread gets locked for goign way off topic i'm going to remove my posts
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,283 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes View Post
    Im not even going to click on the link. Ive seen the picture and i dont even want to know what kind of spin these guys put on the story
    you sould take a look as they decided to bring up a comment they made about the BB jam Americas dev relation song like they did during a podcast
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,415 Global Posts

@GTiLeo Into the vault: the operation to rescue Manhattan's drowned internet | The Verge is a good article you might like.

Not trying to corrupt you haha
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,283 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dentynefire View Post
    @GTiLeo Into the vault: the operation to rescue Manhattan's drowned internet | The Verge is a good article you might like.

Not trying to corrupt you haha
    why would that corrupt me?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    954 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AA07827

Reliable, completely non-biased, and sets a high standard.......Hahaha good one.

Really, they could have just ignored the image altogether since "this isn't all that exciting". But nope, just have to be a Debbie Downer.
    Thanked by:
    GTiLeo (12-10-2012) 
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,415 Global Posts

why would that corrupt me?
    idk it seemed like a good article to me and I rarely think what they produce is good. Some people just don't want to visit their site, wasn't sure if that applied to you or not.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,283 Global Posts

the artilce is fine it doesn't say much but explains about verizon fixing/uupgradign their networks copper lines to fiber because of sandy
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,415 Global Posts

yeah thats my point. Nowhere in the article did it mention that NY had 400 years to prepare for the storm, which based on how they report on tech, they never fail to miss a dig even if its remote.
    CrackBerry Master

TheVerge hosts are a bunch of ******-rs and they don't like anything other than a Apple or Google or some fancy startup product. Egoistic hypocrites I would call them at best and they have their minds made up and can't imagine anybody innovating other than Apple or Google..Blackberry is dead to them and they carry a similar negative bias towards MSFT. Although not all of them on the verge team show that bias but most of them who has a stake in it.
    CrackBerry Genius

The verge is the most hipster tech site on the internet.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,065 Global Posts
    PIN
    Temporarily sans BB

Default Re: RIM posts first teaser shot of new BlackBerry 10 phone as launch approaches - TheVerge

Quote Originally Posted by Houshinto View Post
    Reliable, completely non-biased, and sets a high standard.......Hahaha good one.

Really, they could have just ignored the image altogether since "this isn't all that exciting". But nope, just have to be a Debbie Downer.
    How can you have possibly found the article to be a downer? Seriously... All the article did was show the image. What did they do? They "helped promote" the image.. And what do you devil's advocates do? You point out evil where it doesn't exist.

The article promoted BB more so than anything else. Seriously... WTF! Are you so conditioned in the media that you automatically assume the worst?

Swyped or Swifted via TapaTalk on my Galaxy Nexus.
    CrackBerry Genius

I've been reading The Verge on and off since they split off from Engadget. They're biased, in the sense that they don't really cover RIM and Blackberry. Their staff consists of former Engadget writers, who have been accused of iOS fanboism and that's probably not changed much. iOS products usually get top honors, though Android has been catching up due to its popularity (and thus garners advertising clicks). Lately, they've been more fair to RIM/Blackberry.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast