Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default RIM Launching all 6 phones at once?

Thorsten Heins interview Pt 2: Secrets of BlackBerry 10 | Marklives!com

Quote from Thorsten:
    "At launch, there will be three full-screen devices with a virtual keyboard, and three devices with a physical QWERTY keyboard, but you will have the same BlackBerry 10 experience on all of these."

If this is true ........
    Thanked by 2:
    daveycrocket (11-07-2012),  Superfly_FR (11-06-2012) 
    Superfly_FR and eddy_berry like this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Default Re: RIM Launching all 6 phones at once?

It would make sense. If the hold-up is the software, then they should have had plenty of time to get things ready hardware-wise.
    CrackBerry Genius

Sweeeet. They have to push many device options to get the bb10 ball rolling quick. 3 different price ranges for a full QWERTY and a full touchscreen. Many options. This is desirable for BB fans.
    For the best typing experience only one brand does it the best. That brand is BlackBerry.
    BlackBerry. Nobody likes a typo.

Check out my collection of CB and BB wallpapers
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Available upon request.

Either he means the launch of BB10 being longer than the initial device (i.e all of 2013) or there are different variations of each device depending on location/LTE-bands.

It would be awful business to release all devices at launch. Would create confusion in the marketplace.
    XoXoXo
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

I don't see how 3 price points could be confusing .. This means no budget or desired interface is excluded.
    sleepngbear likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Don't get worked up everyone. There will be 3 variants of the L-series and 3 variants of the N-series. Each variant is for different bands of LTE and GSM (possibly CDMA but I doubt it).

Why do think there's been 3 different names for each device (i.e London, Lisbon, Laguna, Nevada, Nashville, Naples)...Those are the 6 devices.

I also still believe that N-series will launch 8-10 weeks after L-series

EDIT: I also don't see much of a price point difference except maybe $30-50 more for the LTE variant.
    mithrazor likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    620 Global Posts

My guess is he means the cdma and gsm variants on the L and N series
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Available upon request.

Quote Originally Posted by bermont View Post
    I don't see how 3 price points could be confusing .. This means no budget or desired interface is excluded.
    That's 6 phones to market...People will walk into a store and be overwhelmed with BB10 devices.

The iPhone does well because customers walk in, say they want the new iPhone, and bam! New device in their hands.

A customer walks in for a BB10 device, they say they want the new BB10 device and then are shown 6 different models...decide to get iPhone because it's easier.
    XoXoXo
    therealjoeblow likes this.
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TW93 View Post
    That's 6 phones to market...People will walk into a store and be overwhelmed with BB10 devices.

The iPhone does well because customers walk in, say they want the new iPhone, and bam! New device in their hands.

A customer walks in for a BB10 device, they say they want the new BB10 device and then are shown 6 different models...decide to get iPhone because it's easier.

So i guess windows phone 8 is DOA since more then one phone will be out to confuse people and so they will buy either android or an iphone? Doesn't android have more then one phone? Isn't android beating ios?
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Available upon request.

Quote Originally Posted by mrfreetruth View Post
    So i guess windows phone 8 is DOA since more then one phone will be out to confuse people and so they will buy either android or an iphone?
    It's different since the platform is licensed. HTC can market their TWO devices, Samsung their ONE device, and Nokia/Microsoft their TWO devices.

RIM has to market both devices and platform, and at launch, they need laser-like focus on their L and N series.

Like I said above, 6 devices probably mean devices for different carriers/parts of World.
    XoXoXo
    Mi.key likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    498 Global Posts

Doesn't iOS have 6 devices as well? 16 black, 16 white, 32 black, 32white, 64 black, 64 white

Global Posts
    10,323 Global Posts
    PIN
    Hey, what did you expect ?

Quote Originally Posted by TW93 View Post

Q1 : touch or physical keyboard ?
    Q2 : what band
    Q3 : How much $ do I own (<= I believe his is for later, Heins said that the price range will be high-end first ...)
    Join my BBM Channel : C00035FA6
    "I speak English like a Spanish Cow"
    I'm a StockBerrian, proudly holding 50 150 250 400 550 1000 BlackBerry shares
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Available upon request.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfly_FR View Post
    Q1 : touch or physical keyboard ?
    Q2 : what band
    Q3 : How much $ do I own (<= I believe his is for later, Heins said that the price range will be high-end first ...)
    Yes it's simple. But is it as simple as the iPhone?

Have to remember, not every customer reads CrackBerry like it's the Bible. They will not know the differences between devices and will not care about the small differences.

Have to make it simple. One L, one N, and eventually one R for each carrier.
    XoXoXo
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

s just the way he worded it "At launch, there will be three full-screen devices with a virtual keyboard, and three devices with a physical QWERTY keyboard, but you will have the same BlackBerry 10 experience on all of these."
    If it is only really 2 different phones, one touch and one qwerty just 3 different radio configurations, why mention that the BB10 experience will be the same .. That's pretty obvious if its only different radios. It feels the way he words this that there will be 3 distinctly featured phones per platform.
    peter9477 likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,188 Global Posts

Now, I am a bit confused by this. By what we've seen, what's rumored, and what RIM has said, there will be a full-touch (L-Series) device and QWERTY (N-Series) device launching within weeks of each other, but will be announced at the same time. That's what we know.

If we really are getting just these two at launch with three different radio configurations for each, why market each device differently (or even say that there are 6 different devices)? For instance, when Apple announces a new iPhone, they only announce the color and storage size variations, but never makes a distinction when it comes to radio configurations. I had always believed that radio configurations didn't matter to the end-user because the carrier would only sell the variant that was fully compatible with their network and no other variation. In this way, the end-user doesn't really have a choice if they're buying a device with a contract. Back to the iPhone example, when a customer goes to their carrier to purchase an iPhone, the only choices they have are the color and storage size and the carrier will only give them a device which will work on their network. Apple never markets radio variations. In other words, every iPhone 5 is an iPhone 5, regardless of radio configuration.

To simplify, is RIM marketing each radio variation as a different device? If to the end user a Bold 9900 is basically the same as a 9930, and a GSM/HSPA iPhone 5 is the same as a CDMA iPhone 5 if each device is being bought and used on a contract, wouldn't it make sense for RIM and the carriers to have internal distinctions between varying radio configurations and simply market every full-touch BB10 device as "London" and every QWERTY as the "Nevada"?
    JAGWIRE likes this.
  16. cgk
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    7,830 Global Posts

Isn't it likely just to be 16gb, 32gb and 8gb or 64gb versions of two frames?
    sydsam likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    7,571 Global Posts

Three All Touch
    London: HSPA+ All Touch
    Laguna: LTE/CDMA All Touch
    Lisbon: LTE/HSPA+ All Touch

I would assume three version of the N with the same as above. London is for non-LTE markets, Laguna for Verizon/Sprint, and Lisbon for AT&T and maybe T-Mobile (though T-Mo could get the London depending on if the LTE bands of the Lisbon match up with T-Mo's LTE plan).
    nneal likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

according to Sunil Dutt, managing director of India operations, the higher end phones will launch first. "There will be a strong line-up of devices, initially in the high-end segment. For any new platform and device the aspirational value and excitement are mainly in this segment and that is where we will focus initially. Over a period of time, we will be present across all price points."
    BlackBerry 10 poised for entry
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    3256e36

I feel like it would be totally awesome, but very awful if this happened.
    Positive? More models to choose from.
    Negative? Too many models.
    Its like a double edged sword.
    And i have only seen pictures of the London. Does anyone know where the pictures of the rest of the phones are?
    -Mrjakecyrus
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #20  

Quote Originally Posted by lnichols View Post
    Three All Touch
    London: HSPA+ All Touch
    Laguna: LTE/CDMA All Touch
    Lisbon: LTE/HSPA+ All Touch

I would assume three version of the N with the same as above. London is for non-LTE markets, Laguna for Verizon/Sprint, and Lisbon for AT&T and maybe T-Mobile (though T-Mo could get the London depending on if the LTE bands of the Lisbon match up with T-Mo's LTE plan).
    This seems the most likely now that I see it worded this way. Thanks
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,333 Global Posts

all i have to say is where are the sliders?!?!?!?!?
    there is a good following for theses hybrids and i think RIM should continue on with them.
    Back from the depths!!!
    9000>>9950>>8530>>9810>>Z10>>iPhone 5>>Z10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    328 Global Posts
    PIN
    280b39e0

Default RIM Launching all 6 phones at once?

I agree, love my 9810, and want to know if there will be a BB10 version, some time ago, I thought I heard there would be, but that is where that info stopped, haven't heard of it since.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    Z10 10.2.2.1531
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AVPTI View Post

And those are the people who don't want up to date technology, they want to be safe and have same boring iphone.
    CrackBerry User

That clears that all up for me
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by AVPTI View Post
    Yes it's simple. But is it as simple as the iPhone?

Have to remember, not every customer reads CrackBerry like it's the Bible. They will not know the differences between devices and will not care about the small differences.

Have to make it simple. One L, one N, and eventually one R for each carrier.
    But some people don't like, or want, simple. That's why they don't buy iPhones.
    nneal likes this.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast