• 1 Post By playbookster
  • 1 Post By Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes
  • 1 Post By redk

Global Posts
    9,327 Global Posts
    PIN
    Hey, what did you expect ?
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default RIM to hit multiple price points with range of BlackBerry 10 devices

EDIT : You might prefer this ! RIM CMO Frank Boulben confirms there will be at least six BlackBerry 10 devices in 2013

AS VEGAS--While all eyes are on the first two BlackBerry 10 devices Research In Motion (NASDAQ:RIMM) will introduce later this month, RIM plans to eventually hit a range of price points at the high, middle and lower end of the market with its BB10 devices, according to a senior executive. RIM plans to release at least six BB10 devices in 2013, beginning with an all-touch device and a phone with a Qwerty keyboard, which it will announce Jan. 30, according to CMO Frank Boulben. The company does not have any exclusive relationships with carriers for BB10 in any markets, he said, and thus will be free to go after different market segments with its new platform and devices. "We intend over time as we transition the portfolio to have a full range of devices," he said in an interview with FierceWireless here at the 2013 Consumer Electronics Show.
    When the phones launch, RIM plans to introduce a global marketing campaign, with elements including TV advertisements that specifically highlight and explain the BB10 gestural UI.
    Read more: RIM to hit multiple price points with range of BlackBerry 10 devices - FierceWireless RIM to hit multiple price points with range of BlackBerry 10 devices - FierceWireless

Nice eh ?
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 01-09-2013 at 12:21 PM.
    Join my BBM Channel : C00035FA6
    "I speak English like a Spanish Cow"
    I'm a StockBerrian, proudly holding 50 150 250 400 550 1000 BlackBerry shares
    Thanked by 2:
    Corbu (01-09-2013),  Toodeurep (01-09-2013) 
    Toodeurep likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Default RIM to hit multiple price points with range of BlackBerry 10 devices

I will be getting the z10 and then when aristo comes out I will get that and sell the z10 to a friend

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    9,327 Global Posts
    PIN
    Hey, what did you expect ?
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by playbookster View Post
    I will be getting the z10 and then when aristo comes out I will get that and sell the z10 to a friend

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    Yep, looks like they forgot the Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious Range aka Aristo !
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 01-09-2013 at 12:28 PM.
    Join my BBM Channel : C00035FA6
    "I speak English like a Spanish Cow"
    I'm a StockBerrian, proudly holding 50 150 250 400 550 1000 BlackBerry shares
    Waterloo's Finest

Global Posts
    5,324 Global Posts

they word it very carefully to make it sound better then it is. There will be 6 devices in 2013 yes, 3 variants of the touch screen and 3 variants of the qwerty.

RIM will hit a range of different price points yes, but it doesn't say in 2013, or with those 6 devices.

The two are separate things.
    Phones: Nokia 5110>Nokia 3360>Siemens C56>Moto RAZR>LG Chocolate>Pearl 8100>Bold 9000 >Pearl 9100 + Bold 9900 > iPhone 4S + Z10 + Bold 9000
    Tablets: 16GB Playbook > Playbook 32GB
    __________________________________________________ _________________________

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE SEXY GIRLS IN YOGA PANTS CHANNEL

C000288CC
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________
    JR A likes this.
    Waterloo's Finest

Global Posts
    5,324 Global Posts

I stand corrected based off the edit article added from crackberry.

"RIM does intend to release as least six BlackBerry 10 devices over the course of 2013, all falling into various pricing tiers."

I do wish they would clearly state of the 6 devices how many are variants and how many are unique models. Don't know why keeping that a secret would benifit them if they are trying to hint at the number anyway
    Phones: Nokia 5110>Nokia 3360>Siemens C56>Moto RAZR>LG Chocolate>Pearl 8100>Bold 9000 >Pearl 9100 + Bold 9900 > iPhone 4S + Z10 + Bold 9000

C000288CC
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    848 Global Posts

Default Re: RIM to hit multiple price points with range of BlackBerry 10 devices

I agree and it sure would give a piece of mind to everyone once and for all.
    Check out my funny pet channel at C003084CA
    Thanked by:
    Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes (01-09-2013) 
    CrackBerry User

I am assuming it will be similar to what happened with the OS 7 launch.There was the 9900,9810 and 9860.After the launch,other OS 7 devices started popping out with affordable prices to accommodate just about every fan of blackberry and their pocket.I hope it goes the same way because i won't invest so much in getting the Z10 only to be disappointed by the launch of a better full screen device.That would hurt...LOL
    Blackberry 9800»»Blackberry 9810, Blackberry Z10 with PlayBerry 64GB

Quote Originally Posted by Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes View Post
    I stand corrected based off the edit article added from crackberry.

"RIM does intend to release as least six BlackBerry 10 devices over the course of 2013, all falling into various pricing tiers."

I do wish they would clearly state of the 6 devices how many are variants and how many are unique models. Don't know why keeping that a secret would benifit them if they are trying to hint at the number anyway
    I think Thorsten in some interview hinted at 3 models with each model having 2 variants 1 premium variant and 1 mid-cost variant
    Eg:
    QWERTY:
    Bold (premium) - Curve (mid cost)
    Touch:
    Z10 and something
    Slider:
    Premium variant and some mid cost variant
    Dear BlackBerry,
    UPGRADE existing users to BB 10. Don't want to price devices too low? Start a 'trade-up' program. Let existing BB users exchange their old (even non-working) devices for new BB10. Eg: Old BlackBerry + $250 = Z10 This way, you won't have to officially lower your MSRP.

IMPLEMENT requests in order (most requested to least): http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...50/index9.html
    CrackBerry Genius

I don't think we should jump to conclusions about 6 devices including a slider or an even split between qwerty and all-touch, if the surveys on here and elsewhere are true then there might be more options for expanding the all-touch range more than the qwerty e.g. you could have the n-series and a cheaper one, but would the qwerty niche support a model that merely slapped in an unnecessary higher spec for the sake of it?

If not then you could have an all-touch range of Aristo as a 5" 1080p model alongside an updated l-series, the l-series and a curve model or maybe there would be room for two levels of curve based on size perhaps and no update to the l-series for xmas.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    156 Global Posts

So there will be a Torch like phone, but too late for me :-/
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    156 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chrysaurora View Post
    I think Thorsten in some interview hinted at 3 models with each model having 2 variants 1 premium variant and 1 mid-cost variant
    Eg:
    QWERTY:
    Touch:
    Z10 and something
    Slider:
    One of the devices will be new PB (and maybe even two), so it leaves 4 to 5 possibilities for the phones.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by magutwit View Post
    One of the devices will be new PB (and maybe even two), so it leaves 4 to 5 possibilities for the phones.
    Much like Rim, I'd forgotten about the PB, if that is due this year, then I think we will get 3 all touch, 2 qwerty and 1 pb with no slider till next year when they'd do it instead of updating the n-series that would not really need a spec bump to still be a work horse.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    156 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skeevecr View Post
    Much like Rim, I'd forgotten about the PB, if that is due this year, then I think we will get 3 all touch, 2 qwerty and 1 pb with no slider till next year when they'd do it instead of updating the n-series that would not really need a spec bump to still be a work horse.
    I only hope that the first all-touch won't be worse than those who will follow.
    Waterloo's Finest

Global Posts
    5,324 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chrysaurora View Post
    Eg:
    QWERTY:
    Touch:
    Z10 and something
    Slider:
    The problem is that it is a "hint". You don't have to tell us how many devices are coming out RIM. But if do, and you say 6, clearly tell us how many are unique models. Leaving it like it is in a confusing matter is worse than saying northing atall. Its like we are scouring articles to clarify the truth that they are portraying themselves as giving

C000288CC
    CrackBerry Genius

I only hope that the first all-touch won't be worse than those who will follow.
    I think it will obviously be worse in some ways than the one that comes out next Xmas as they try to get back onto a yearly pre-Xmas launch for their flagship model, but in some ways you would assume that they will also try to make it a complimentary model such as a 5" 1080p device that would allow the l-series to still be sold to those who did not want an overly large handset.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    156 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skeevecr View Post
    I think it will obviously be worse in some ways than the one that comes out next Xmas
    Just remind me what was the lapse of time between the first Torch and the improved Torch? Well, yeah, I know why I have all my reasons no to believe Rim (as a person who had bought the first Torch at launch).
    And I was also that one who bought the PB just after the launch.

After that double experience you feel like never buying anything from Rim just after the launch. )))
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,153 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AC9A2F5

Just curious. By variants do they include gsm/cdma as variants? Or do they intend on 3 of each for the price points,
    Posted by my device of choice. Might be a BlackBerry, might not be. It is of no concern to you.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Don't get your hopes up. Betting its the 16,32,64GB versions that everyone is talking about. Those x2=6. They would also be in different price ranges.
    CrackBerry Genius

Just remind me what was the lapse of time between the first Torch and the improved Torch? Well, yeah, I know why I have all my reasons no to believe Rim (as a person who had bought the first Torch at launch).
    And I was also that one who bought the PB just after the launch.

After that double experience you feel like never buying anything from Rim just after the launch. )))
    Personally, I judge a device on its own merits, if you are always judging them against what is coming out in the future then you will never be happy with your device.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by organized_mayhem View Post
    Don't get your hopes up. Betting its the 16,32,64GB versions that everyone is talking about. Those x2=6. They would also be in different price ranges.
    Seems very unlikely to just be memory variants since qwerty and all-touch and curve would blow well past 6 variants in that case.
    CrackBerry Master

Variants = price factor. Frequency bands (gsm/cdma), memory capacity are probably not going to be counted in 6. Actually, because BB supports external microSD card, I doubt they will release "memory variants".

3 unique form factors x 2 price range each = 6 total devices
    These 6 may have further color & carrier-frequency variants.
    Dear BlackBerry,
    UPGRADE existing users to BB 10. Don't want to price devices too low? Start a 'trade-up' program. Let existing BB users exchange their old (even non-working) devices for new BB10. Eg: Old BlackBerry + $250 = Z10 This way, you won't have to officially lower your MSRP.

IMPLEMENT requests in order (most requested to least): http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...50/index9.html
    CrackBerry Newbie

Yes he did but don't know which one launch first.. premium or low end (R/S)
    CrackBerry Addict

I will take the most expensive BlackBerry you got please lol
    Be Proud
    9700(black)-9700(white)-9790-9900(black)-9900(white)-Playbook 32/64GB/LTE-Z10(black)-Z10(white)-Q10(black)
    BlackBerry by choice