Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree83Likes
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    702 Global Posts

Default Re: RIM CEO: We'll Do a ‘Muhammad Ali Thing in Round 8'

Quote Originally Posted by snaqvi91 View Post
    Heins has a point. There's only so much that apps can do to make your life easier. You gotta innovate the platform as a whole and that's what RIM is doing. Its amazing how Android and Apple continue to make so much money with hardly any innovation, its like a cash cow. One of the analysts said theres nothing Apple or Google can do in the short term about what BB10 is bringing. True and unless Apple and Google get there act together and stop being complacent they'll be going down like RIM was.
    I understand all of the excitement over this guys comments, but seriously...what you just said is absurd...truly absurd. Android complacent? Really? Do you have even a speck of knowledge outside of BB? Now, I would agree with your comments if they had been directed at the iPhone, but lumping Android in gives your statement 0 cred.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,496 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by timmy t View Post
    "...Apps, he said, were "stuff from yesterday". Apple has dominated the apps market in recent years.
    "Apps is today, mobile computing and services that really enhance your life…that's the future."..."

Oh Snap.
    First of heins its called rope a dope and it was epic.Its true orange and the cyborg rehashes have become heavily reliant on apps to patch up their OS defeciences especially orange.How many mailbox apps just to give user a decent mailbox,in cyborg keyboard after keyboards and all other sorts cyborg fans have to go through to get ''stock androd''.

Rim will be dropping quality out the box features we wont be needing several apps to patch up the OS.We will not have to go waste time in store scrolling,searching downloading chrome,,opera,dolphin ,this and that keyboard or mailbox app or wait on some hack by someone than rely on his or hers updates.The big apps are social apps and games these are what inhance the mobile exp imo.

Rim must have some cool stuff cant wait I guess we will have features to brag about?? And we can bury ''there's nothing this phone those different'' comments.
    Last edited by RECOOL; 01-25-2013 at 04:38 PM.
    sf49ers and Dapper37 like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    187 Global Posts
    PIN
    2ac35f30

I love this...just when the competition/market/critics think you're down for the count, ALWAYS come up swinging your big fist!

5 more days, my friends. 5 more days.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    BBM is useless to me. Now I can't delete it!

Default RIM CEO: We'll Do a ‘Muhammad Ali Thing in Round 8'

RIM has been playing "rope a dope" and punching themselves in the face the past few years.

Its time they see straight, learn how to bob n weave and to KO in the first round.

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850
    Verizon Z10 STL100-4 OS: v10.2.1.2141
    Playbook OS v2.1.0.1526
    J.C. BlackBerry, What's your game?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Did anyone else notice the heavy advertising on the page for BB10....looks cool..
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,349 Global Posts
    PIN
    @getdjmac

Agree, love this guy!!
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,084 Global Posts

The greatest fighter ever .... Thor!
    Negative thinking destroys your brain cells and causes global warming.*- Dodinsky (The Scientific Institute of Get Over It!) Action Spots
    Waterloo's Finest

Global Posts
    5,324 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TomJasper View Post

The greatest fighter ever .... Thor!
    Absolutely ridiculous false advertising by the news network in order to create buzz and conversation about the phone.
    Phones: Nokia 5110>Nokia 3360>Siemens C56>Moto RAZR>LG Chocolate>Pearl 8100>Bold 9000 >Pearl 9100 + Bold 9900 > iPhone 4S + Z10 + Bold 9000
    Tablets: 16GB Playbook > Playbook 32GB
    __________________________________________________ _________________________

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE SEXY GIRLS IN YOGA PANTS CHANNEL

C000288CC
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by dragonx6 View Post
    It maybe all it needs but sadly normal consumers dont understand this. Im just happy they arent putting in unnecessary hardware and pushing the price up. Give the phone the hardware it needs and keep the price reasonable. I think the world has gotten a bit carried away with specs and not actual performance.
    I can guarantee you that few if any iPhone users knows how many cores, ram, storage, they have. They bought it because "it just works". OS should be a crystal goblet that uses holds the content without you thinking about it. We want transparency not a bulk interface that we have to fight though and then brag about specs like that means anything.

The whole reason android manufacturers do that is because there is little competitive advantage otherwise. No one cares if it is HTC or LG as long as they can brag about their new hydra core system that is so much better and more important than what else is out there.

If BB10 can show slick performance with mid range hardware, people will be more impressed than if it is bleeding edge.
    Acumenight likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,855 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by walt63 View Post
    I tell you what...RIM is is jacked up. I mean this is a good way. They are confident and determined to be the BEST, not settling for 3rd place.

This attitude makes me believe even more in RIM delivering an awesome product with the BB10 OS.
    actually... they ARE settling for third place lol. they said they were very comfortable in 3rd
    ------------------------>LIST OF WORKING Android Apps for Z10/BB10 ---200 SO FAR!!! <------------------------
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by timmy t View Post
    "...Apps, he said, were "stuff from yesterday". Apple has dominated the apps market in recent years.
    "Apps is today, mobile computing and services that really enhance your life…that's the future."..."

Oh Snap.
    Heins is absolutely right. Apple and Android are far too reliant on questionable Apps to patch up the weaknesses in their OS. Key features should to be baked into the OS. Take the keyboard redesign by RIM. A beautiful feature built out from Swift key technology. It is elegant and highly efficient as one would expect from your primary input interface. So why hasn't Apple or Android thought one wit about this. Are they technically incompetent or are they satisfied by the thought that you can download, for a price, a real crappy version. I mean it is rather comical that one actually has to download the interface for a communication device. But it doesn't stop there. We all complain about to need to move cross platform in an integrated manner but our solution is half *** Apps like WhatsApp. Cross platform capabilities need to be baked into the OS. Same for photoediting and maps.

I think the bigger question that Heins is discussing centers on the role of Apps in the future. He is basically saying that real mobile computing is coming fast and this is going to replace the patch work system of Apps particularly when they extend smart phone functionality in core areas. Smart phone makers like RIM have woken up the this reality. Apple and Android appear to be asleep at the switch.
    Waterloo's Finest

Global Posts
    5,324 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by THBW View Post
    Heins is absolutely right. Apple and Android are far too reliant on questionable Apps to patch up the weaknesses in their OS. Key features should to be baked into the OS. Take the keyboard redesign by RIM. A beautiful feature built out from Swift key technology. It is elegant and highly efficient as one would expect from your primary input interface. So why hasn't Apple or Android thought one wit about this. Are they technically incompetent or are they satisfied by the thought that you can download, for a price, a real crappy version. I mean it is rather comical that one actually has to download the interface for a communication device. But it doesn't stop there. We all complain about to need to move cross platform in an integrated manner but our solution is half *** Apps like WhatsApp. Cross platform capabilities need to be baked into the OS. Same for photoediting and maps.

I think the bigger question that Heins is discussing centers on the role of Apps in the future. He is basically saying that real mobile computing is coming fast and this is going to replace the patch work system of Apps particularly in areas that extend smart phone functionality in core areas. Smart phone makers like RIM have woken up the this reality.
    very good post.
    Phones: Nokia 5110>Nokia 3360>Siemens C56>Moto RAZR>LG Chocolate>Pearl 8100>Bold 9000 >Pearl 9100 + Bold 9900 > iPhone 4S + Z10 + Bold 9000
    Tablets: 16GB Playbook > Playbook 32GB
    __________________________________________________ _________________________

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE SEXY GIRLS IN YOGA PANTS CHANNEL

C000288CC
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12