Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    129 Global Posts

On The Verge is currently live... Thorsten Heins hasn't been interviewed yet. His segment should be on next. Here is a link to the live stream
    Live: On The Verge with Oblong's John Underkoffler, RIM CEO Thorsten Heins, and more! | The Verge
    Nanakorobi yaoki
    _____

Blackberry Z10 STL100-2 (OS: 10.2.1.2977)
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,122 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AB9C463

Quote Originally Posted by r0v3rT3N View Post
    I keep forgetting it's live, I keep trying to skip past all of this garbage.

Oh good. I thought I already missed it...lol
    Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum...
    Z10 (v10.2.x.xxx Rogers), Playbook (v2.1.0.1314) | Rooted SGS IV
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,870 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by josaki View Post
    On The Verge is currently live... Thorsten Heins hasn't been interviewed yet. His segment should be on next. Here is a link to the live stream
    Live: On The Verge with Oblong's John Underkoffler, RIM CEO Thorsten Heins, and more! | The Verge
    I thought they said it was a recorded video of the interview?
    Check out my app: CChecker
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,870 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oniberry View Post
    Oh good. I thought I already missed it...lol
    You are lucky, not having to endure the pain that we have.
    Knightcrawler likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

wtf is this....
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,870 Global Posts

Thor is finally being mentioned!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    129 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by r0v3rT3N View Post
    I keep forgetting it's live, I keep trying to skip past all of this garbage.
    lolol hilarious
    Nanakorobi yaoki
    _____

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    129 Global Posts

Thorsten is on next...
    Nanakorobi yaoki
    _____

CrackBerry Abuser

I'd say that was a pretty good interview. The guy was respectful and to the point.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    704 Global Posts

that was pretty lackluster. great job asking the same questions every other news outlet and tech blog has asked over the past 2 months. really great reporting there verge >.>

the far more interesting part was the prior interview with the chief scientist from Oblong. I think Rim should seriously consider either purchasing Oblong (after bb10 ofcourse) or partenering up with them for enterprise solutions.

He (guy from Oblong) even called it out, that we're moving towards a gesture based user interface experience, and with the m2m capability of BB10/qnx, i think his idea of multiple screens all being used independantly for the same problem is not far off.
    CrackBerry Abuser

They saved the best for last
    CrackBerry Abuser

Interesting interview but man, I don't know. Not sure I'm a fan of him pretty much saying that the main market for BB10 is for "hyper connected people who multitask and need to get things done". The market has definitively proven time and time again that the market they should be making their primary focus is the consumer market in general. He says "we need to be good at that too" but I kind of don't buy it. It shouldn't be an afterthought. I get what he is doing, he wants to carve out a niche, but it's almost like admitting defeat in the consumer market. I mean when windows phone is your main competitor then you know you're in trouble (because no one cares about windows phone market share wise).

All in all, although I likely won't buy a BB10 device as my next smartphone upgrade, I do hope it's successful and becomes a relevant choice in my upgrade after the next one. Just expressing some concerns.
    Thanked by:
    Goint (11-21-2012) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Thor looks a bit tired and it's understandable. He's been running around promoting BB10. It's an okay interview. The Bloomberg interview is more interactive. The interviewer from the Verge is more robotic.
    Knightcrawler and r0v3rT3N like this.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,863 Global Posts

Not a very good interviewer. You could tell by the forced smile by Thor at the end that he thought so too.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    129 Global Posts

Cool interview, nothing we don't already know but good nonetheless
    Nanakorobi yaoki
    _____

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dooodads View Post
    Interesting interview but man, I don't know. Not sure I'm a fan of him pretty much saying that the main market for BB10 is for "hyper connected people who multitask and need to get things done". The market has definitively proven time and time again that the market they should be making their primary focus is the consumer market in general.
    In other words, RIM should create yet another phone just like Android or iPhone? I for one am glad that they're actually working towards something different in the marketplace.
    Blatant placeholder signature.
    Thanked by 2:
    THBW (11-20-2012) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by Knightcrawler View Post
    that was pretty lackluster. great job asking the same questions every other news outlet and tech blog has asked over the past 2 months. really great reporting there verge >.>

the far more interesting part was the prior interview with the chief scientist from Oblong. I think Rim should seriously consider either purchasing Oblong (after bb10 ofcourse) or partenering up with them for enterprise solutions.

He (guy from Oblong) even called it out, that we're moving towards a gesture based user interface experience, and with the m2m capability of BB10/qnx, i think his idea of multiple screens all being used independantly for the same problem is not far off.

I saw this on the TAT website the other day, it is 2 years old or so ut still.. :x

To innovate is to create the MP3 Player, to revolutionise is to create the iPod.
    CrackBerry Abuser

The editors and readers of theVerge are generally very negative towards BB(rightfully so?). I'm going over there right now to see what was said this time.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by dooodads View Post
    Interesting interview but man, I don't know. Not sure I'm a fan of him pretty much saying that the main market for BB10 is for "hyper connected people who multitask and need to get things done". The market has definitively proven time and time again that the market they should be making their primary focus is the consumer market in general. He says "we need to be good at that too" but I kind of don't buy it. It shouldn't be an afterthought. I get what he is doing, he wants to carve out a niche, but it's almost like admitting defeat in the consumer market. I mean when windows phone is your main competitor then you know you're in trouble (because no one cares about windows phone market share wise).

All in all, although I likely won't buy a BB10 device as my next smartphone upgrade, I do hope it's successful and becomes a relevant choice in my upgrade after the next one. Just expressing some concerns.
    Justt because TH is saying they are going after the hyper connected it does not mean that they are going to short change the general consumer. In fact everything we have seen points to a great user experience for the "general" consumer + their effort to ensure all the "apps" that a "general" consumer wants are there.

Looks like you have likely made up your mind to buy something else and are looking for some sort of justification. If you have not, my apologies and in that case wait till Jan 30th hear, experience what RIM has to offer than make an informed choice. And if you have decided to move on - Good for you, have fun.

G
    peter9477 likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,457 Global Posts

When I try to watch I get an error.
    "This Video is Private"

Anyone Else getting this?

Proud Owner of a BlackBerry Q10

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    832 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BBPandy View Post
    "This Video is Private"

Same here.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    183 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BBPandy View Post
    "This Video is Private"

Quote Originally Posted by DaedalusIcarusHelios View Post
    Same here.
    It's up now: Thor clip
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,571 Global Posts

Default RIM CEO To Be On On The Verge Nov 20th

If you're just finding out about The Verge crew, you must be new to the internet. It's okay though, there is TONS of content to go through. They are the best tech website out right now but for all things BlackBerry, still keeping it locked to Crackberry.com

Don't be afraid to THANK or LIKE

BBM: 7A03E5E9

What is the ultimate BlackBerry? The ultimate BlackBerry would be a device with the screen size of the Z10 along with the physical keyboard of the Q10 and the battery life of the Z30. This, would be the ultimate BlackBerry. Why they haven't built it yet remains one of the greatest mystery of BlackBerry.

CrackBerry Abuser

Thor was good, he did look tired but he had good replies to standard questions. I wonder why it's so short though. And I didn't know what to make of Dieter Bohn's face. Was he afraid of asking more? Wasn't really interactive too. They probably recorded quite a bit more?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,571 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BigAssBitchin View Post
    Thor was good, he did look tired but he had good replies to standard questions. I wonder why it's so short though. And I didn't know what to make of Dieter Bohn's face. Was he afraid of asking more? Wasn't really interactive too. They probably recorded quite a bit more?
    At first Dieter looked like a schoolgirl talking to her crush, lolol

Don't be afraid to THANK or LIKE

BBM: 7A03E5E9

What is the ultimate BlackBerry? The ultimate BlackBerry would be a device with the screen size of the Z10 along with the physical keyboard of the Q10 and the battery life of the Z30. This, would be the ultimate BlackBerry. Why they haven't built it yet remains one of the greatest mystery of BlackBerry.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast