Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default RIM CEO To Be On On The Verge Nov 20th

Self explanitary title. If you haven't heard of The Verge they are a tech site that covers everything in tech. They have an hour long "show" called On The Verge where they discuss different things that are going on in the tech world. This episode they will have RIM's CEO on the show. It should be pretty exciting to watch.

http://mobile.theverge.com/2012/11/19/3666132/on-the-verge-november-20-oblong-minority-report-blackberry#128176847

If someone could be so kind as to add in the url for the full site that would be great.
    Thanked by 10:
    BBPandy (11-19-2012),  Cappyshirt (11-19-2012),  Cesare21 (11-21-2012),  DuexNoir (11-19-2012),  THBW (11-20-2012),  kdna (11-19-2012),  Plazmic Flame (11-21-2012),  sydsam (11-19-2012),  UrbanGlowCam (11-19-2012) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Default RIM CEO To Be On On The Verge Tomorrow

that will be interesting considering they trashed the OS a couple episodes ago

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    r0v3rT3N likes this.

Global Posts
    6,538 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B6927F7

The Verge is quickly becoming my fave general tech site. It's heartening to see Thor making the media rounds the way he is, too; it represents a very clear departure from the aloof attitude projected by his predecessors at RIM.
    Knightcrawler and r0v3rT3N like this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    527 Global Posts

someone should record it post for the rest of us. I dont get the verge in Canada
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    2B7B5318

Quote Originally Posted by Foreverup View Post
    that will be interesting considering they trashed the OS a couple episodes ago

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    I dont know if I would say they "trashed" it lol. That's a tiny bit little harsh. I mean, it wasn't positive by any means but I think they had a couple valid points about the OS but I think (would hope rather) that they know hat the whole OS hasn't been shown off. I will watch/read it to see how it goes
    Yes I am black...and yes I LOVE grape Kool Aid. I can't blame u for judging me

- Durrell pin:2B7B5318
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    593 Global Posts

Also, I think TH has an appeal where I can see him featured on gadget shows and taking to news editorial columns whereas the previous CEOs may have been more reliant on script and prepared questions.
    Knightcrawler likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Thanked by 2:
    BBPandy (11-19-2012),  bluetroll (11-19-2012) 
    bluetroll and r0v3rT3N like this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    844 Global Posts

Actually, they did 'trash' BB10, Blackberry Jam and the Playbook..

Video: The Vergecast 048 - September 27th, 2012 | The Verge
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    708 Global Posts

thanks for that......im astounded at how much trouble those guys are having at understanding the peek gesture. seriously, i can understand not knowing based on an explanation, but after seeing it (or using it) its very hard too not know a very basic gesture that is extremely intuitive. You're literally pushing aside the current screen, to peek at what's under it.

in anycase, it'll be interesting to see how it goes tomorrow.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    708 Global Posts

seriously wtf is up with these double posts >.>
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    931 Global Posts

Subscribing. Looking forward to the interview.
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    2B1BC93C

I think RIM should stop trying to teach people how these gestures work. And just let the power users or whoever figure out these "shortcuts".

Otherwise people will be like it's too complicated or something. When they can navigate through the OS with on screen buttons.
    CrackBerry Genius

Looking forward to this. Thanks for the headsup ekafara!

I'm glad Thor is opening up and really getting the word out to the big tech blogs. Especially the ones that throw some punches occasionally. I love the way The Verge runs their site and does their reviews. I have been annoyed by some unnecessary shots at RIM, but I guess you can't blame them.

General perception seems to be slowly getting more positive.
    peter9477 and r0v3rT3N like this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,889 Global Posts

TechoBuffalo needs to interview Thorsten [or Thor needs to interview TechnoBuffalo], they have been very biased lately when posting articles on RIM and BlackBerry.
    Thor shall fix them up!
    Check out my app: CChecker
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    727 Global Posts

Oh well. The one time I watched their mobile show that Vlad Savov really trashed the OS though the other two were not that bad. That is one of the reasons that now I don't visit the Verge very much anymore since they are very Anti-Blackberry even with alot of other journalists starting to change there attitude towards it. But I guess you never know I'm sure THOR could change their attitude towards it.

BB10 Believe!
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Detective M Downs View Post
    Actually, they did 'trash' BB10, Blackberry Jam and the Playbook..

Video: The Vergecast 048 - September 27th, 2012 | The Verge
    wtf..... n/c theverge

it's literally impossible to find a tech site (that covers about everything, like theverge) that i'll enjoy more than a few weeks without ending up hating them
    at first i really liked engadget, but then they started with their whole anti-blackberry + their community is horrible
    then i found BGR (iBGR) -> ******** + jonathan is a joke (+ worst community)

when theverge launched.. i really liked it.. their whole website, the news, the reviews.... but they're actually pretty anti-blackberry, and i've also started to dislike their reviews - they're always pretty long and one might say informative, but at the same time, it's always the same - if it's not apple or a high end android device it won't get a high score
    also... their latest nintendo wii u review is the biggest joke ever - they have no clue about gaming consoles // video games.... so they review them as if they were smartphones//tablets
    they gave the PS Vita a 8.5 rating.....that should actually be enough to make anyone never visit their site again
    all of these tech-sites are anti-blackberry, anti-nintendo - it's pretty annoying - and all they do is write doom and gloom articles because that'll give them the most hits
    + all their so called "exlusive" articles with their "trusted sources" - so pathetic..

of those 3 the engadget has probably become the least painful site to visit, i actually enjoyed their recent video-interview with thorsten heins
    and even though theverge annoys me, im looking forward to this interview
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    593 Global Posts

Looks like Thorsten's segment with Dieter Bohn is already recorded, hoping for some new insight and to witness Thor HAMMER DOWN!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    230 Global Posts

@Seijuro

Engadget used to be bad. But a few months after the verge came most of the trolls on engadget moved to the verge and the editors became much more balanced. Engadget acts much more professional than any of the other "general" tech blogs. I actually like them now. As an aside, they aren't at all anti blackberry now. I'd say they're supportive of RIMs efforts. This time last year I really didn't like them.

The verge is just terrible. It's pretty much what engadget used to be, which is a big negative. Writers with huge egos who really don't know what they're talking about.

Case and point: If RIM wants to fix the BlackBerry brand, it's time for some demolition | The Verge
    Guy thinks he knows how to run a multinational tech company.
    CrackBerry Addict

Wow, RIM and Heins are going on a media blitz as of late, ever since they announced the launching date for BB10. And who says RIM isn't "advertising" early? They may be missing the holiday shopping season but they sure aren't planning to let the consumers forget them.
    I use BB10...the blasphemy!
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,000 Global Posts

Just bringing this to the top for those that may not know or have forgotten.
    CrackBerry Addict

i dont like him... (that glasses dude) -_-;;
    r0v3rT3N likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,889 Global Posts

Get to the RIM CEO already, these people are boring compared to Thor.
    Seijuro likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

pretty akward and really not funny
    get to the part with thorsten heins already
    r0v3rT3N likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,000 Global Posts

These guys are horrible.... I know I want to see what pans out with Thor but this is just painful!!
    r0v3rT3N likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,889 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cjcampbell View Post
    These guys are horrible.... I know I want to see what pans out with Thor but this is just painful!!
    I keep forgetting it's live, I keep trying to skip past all of this garbage.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast