Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By koolrosh
  • 1 Post By BB Fightclub
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    712 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default RIM CEO Thorsten Heins Interview on CNBC [Video]

Really good interview that sheds alot of light on some of the questions that people have over service fees. He says that those users on BB7 will continue generating service rev for RIM in the forseeable future. He is also asked when we should expect the qwerty version of the phone. His response was "Just a few weeks after the launch of the touch device"

check out the interview:
    RIM CEO: Service Revenue in Place, Not Going Away

(Sorry I initially had the wrong link, it should be fixed now)
    Last edited by koolrosh; 12-21-2012 at 12:31 PM.
    Thanked by 2:
    dentynefire (12-21-2012),  W Hoa (12-21-2012) 
    spike12 and Tim-ANC like this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    697 Global Posts

hmm, a "few" weeks implies more then 2 (otherwise he'd say a "couple" of weeks......or im just reading too much into it )

But if it is a 3 week staggered launch, then we could see L series launch say, 2nd week of feb, and N series launch first week of March
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    712 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Knightcrawler View Post
    hmm, a "few" weeks implies more then 2 (otherwise he'd say a "couple" of weeks......or im just reading too much into it )

But if it is a 3 week staggered launch, then we could see L series launch say, 2nd week of feb, and N series launch first week of March
    Ya but some people were actually worried that it might come out in June. Based on the comments, I think it is safe to say that the Qwerty version will be out some time in March.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Solid interview by Thor again. He's doing a great job, and I think as he enters the 2 year of his reign he will continue to mature and feel more comfortable in his role. He's cleaning up the company, and this will show thru in 2013.

Also his tie for this interview was much better than the one he was sporting yesterday. Burn that thing ASAP!!!!!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    780 Global Posts

We're getting closer.
    http://www.907outdoors.com

Current: AT&T Z10. Past: 9800, 9700, 8100, 7130
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    873 Global Posts

Good job on cnbc Thor.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,584 Global Posts

Um, wtf was with the cnbc guy who jumped in for the last 20 seconds. I can't believe what he said.
    Z10
    64gb PlayBook
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by jesseh View Post
    Um, wtf was with the cnbc guy who jumped in for the last 20 seconds. I can't believe what he said.
    Yeah that was unprofessional but apparently he's known for that kind of stuff. He's one of the reasons I watch CNN and not CNBC.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I used to watch Squawk Box - not any more after that comment. Joe Kirnan knows nothing about RIM (seriously) yet can say things like:
    "You are really brave Thorsten - you are at RIM in Waterloo (implying its a backwater hick town) and don't even care ... that it doesn't even occur to you that this isn't going to work with the Blackberry 10 "
    Nice look on Thor's face. I've had it with Wall Street and the media. RIM should delist totally from Nasdaq and trade only in Toronto.
    Lehomer likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

So Joe is going to buy an apple because he's getting rude tweets from Crackberry people? If I was watching Squawk any more, I would have watched today just to see if Joe was going to apologize for being so rude to Thor. What a dic.