Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By Thunderbuck
  • 1 Post By Mr.Conviviality
  • 2 Post By Thunderbuck
  • 1 Post By neteng1000

Global Posts
    6,560 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B6927F7
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default RIM Bear Misek has change of heart

Mr. Misek has had a dramatic change of heart re RIM, upgrading the stock to a "hold" and a 12 mo target of $43 (!)

Sounds good to me!

The Markets Are Open: Research In Motion Limited (NASDAQ:RIMM) Extends Rally On $43 PT By Peter Misek

Global Posts
    10,343 Global Posts
    PIN
    Hey, what did you expect ?

lol I really love the way you/they present it (shhhhh)
    Join my BBM Channel : C00035FA6
    "I speak English like a Spanish Cow"
    I'm a StockBerrian, proudly holding 50 150 250 400 550 1000 BlackBerry shares

Global Posts
    6,560 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B6927F7
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Misek has been such a PITA for so long... I wonder what convinced him?

Global Posts
    6,560 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B6927F7
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Ahh, a little more info:

"Preliminary results from our quarterly handset survey indicate developed market carriers have a much more positive view of BB10 than we expected," Misek said in a note to clients.
    CrackBerry User

Here's a video of him on bnn this morning

RIM wins vote of confidence ahead of BB10 - BNN News
    Thanked by:
    Thunderbuck (11-20-2012) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    t of Beer?

I realize why I've paid no attention to this Misek dude.

he's useless.
    Knightcrawler likes this.

Global Posts
    6,560 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B6927F7
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Conviviality View Post
    I realize why I've paid no attention to this Misek dude.

he's useless.
    Useless or not, he's probably had more influence than anyone else in keeping RIM's stock price down in the past year.
    peter9477 and Superfly_FR like this.

Global Posts
    10,343 Global Posts
    PIN
    Hey, what did you expect ?

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbuck View Post
    Misek has been such a PITA for so long... I wonder what convinced him?
    lol, TB, you obvioulsy don't read my posted links ;-)
    Join my BBM Channel : C00035FA6
    "I speak English like a Spanish Cow"
    I'm a StockBerrian, proudly holding 50 150 250 400 550 1000 BlackBerry shares
    CrackBerry Master

Okay so let me get this straight! He gave it only 20-30% chance of success (<50%), yet raised both his target and his rating on the stock? LOL

Did I miss something? Maybe that’s his way of admitting he was wrong about RIM without saying he was wrong! Would anyone in their right mind raise a stock outlook on only 20% ?? This guy is taking advice from Cramer me thinks!
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,415 Global Posts

Mr. Misek has had a dramatic change of heart re RIM, upgrading the stock to a "hold" and a 12 mo target of $43 (!)

Sounds good to me!

The Markets Are Open: Research In Motion Limited (NASDAQ:RIMM) Extends Rally On $43 PT By Peter Misek
    Personally and it depends on a whole lot but I'm saying $40 and approaching $60 in a year. Now I'm not a paid analyst but when you consider that RIM still has no debt and has secured the handling of NFC transaction endpoints for all carriers in Canada for all devices this brings in CASH!. This could happen in other countries as too as RIM is already in multiple countries. Not to mention how many of the 80 Million subscribers might want to upgrade? 10%-20%? That could be 15Million upgrades. I also think RIM has got there ducks in a row as far as advertising and there is apparently lots of carrier support for BB10.

I think people see BB10 and like it but could take a year to take off as peoples contracts expire. This is where the risk is. Adoption rates. But the good thing is that if everything is at least "good" BB will head into Christmas season with multiple BB10 products and they will likely have an upgrade to BB10 too.
    I think people have seen that the Apple innovation machine is starting to spin its tires - it really is RIMs game to lose AFAIK.

Global Posts
    6,560 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B6927F7
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

Quote Originally Posted by dentynefire View Post
    Personally and it depends on a whole lot but I'm saying $40 and approaching $60 in a year. Now I'm not a paid analyst but when you consider that RIM still has no debt and has secured the handling of NFC transaction endpoints for all carriers in Canada for all devices this brings in CASH!. This could happen in other countries as too as RIM is already in multiple countries. Not to mention how many of the 80 Million subscribers might want to upgrade? 10%-20%? That could be 15Million upgrades. I also think RIM has got there ducks in a row as far as advertising and there is apparently lots of carrier support for BB10.

I think people see BB10 and like it but could take a year to take off as peoples contracts expire. This is where the risk is. Adoption rates. But the good thing is that if everything is at least "good" BB will head into Christmas season with multiple BB10 products and they will likely have an upgrade to BB10 too.
    I think people have seen that the Apple innovation machine is starting to spin its tires - it really is RIMs game to lose AFAIK.
    Agreed on all counts. Personally, I see $40 by the end of calendar 2013 as the upper end of "reasonable" but if BB10 launches well I hardly see it as impossible.
    CrackBerry User

Love it when naysayers have to eat their words, #BB10 FTW
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,264 Global Posts

Useless or not, he's probably had more influence than anyone else in keeping RIM's stock price down in the past year.
    Is there any evidence that Misek's opinion has been more important than the RIM's results, management change and the timing of the BB10 release?