Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree49Likes
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    2B5A11B6

Default RIM is the 6th most hated company in the US

Quote Originally Posted by bitek View Post
    Where is Yahoo on that list ? is it #11 and it did not make it to top #10 list ! ?
    don't worry.. if it's not there, they're trying hard to get there... we just need to give them some moral support so that they can make it to be at least top 6 in the list.
    LOL.

Sent from my unsliding slider BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    _______________jf

Wielding a BlackBerry STA100-2.

BBM#8
    for Random Quotes on motivations, health and wealth..

: subscribe to C001190A9
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    430 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robtanz View Post
    Surprised Yahoo isn't on the list
    They have reserved a special, Zero, place on that list
    peter9477 likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Ahhh too bad, you can;t be first in everything
    bb10_fan likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,247 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Masahiro View Post
    I'm not sure what Yahoo! has against RIM either. You'll have to ask their CEO why she has such a vendetta against BlackBerry.
    The Yahoo CEO wanted staff who are responsible for designing their products to use the products their customers use. Facebook did the same. They want their people to have the same user experience their users are so they understand what needs to be upgraded and fixed.

According to KantarWorldPanel - in the markets they track - 95.2 percent of the phones sold in the last quarter were iOS and Android. Change that number I am sure she will add BB to the mix. To quote a favorite movie, it's not personal, it's business.
    Tre Lawrence and Banco like this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,441 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by trelawrence View Post
    To be fair, depending on the survey taker, Yahoo could/should be on that list.
    sure yahoo should be on that list. yahoo is only search engine in the world that does not have its own search engine. it is using bing to generate its search results. and the ceo has audacity to imply that blackberry is not a smart phone. how pathetic is that ? the company is 100% riding on whatever is left of good will. it has no innovation and no future. mirosoft should put yahoo out of its misery, buy it and finally close the shop once and for all.
    MyHomeSpace.ca and MyCondoSpace.ca
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #31  

Again, folks, Yahoo! didn't create this list. It came from 24/7 Wall St.

Your loathing of Yahoo! is your business, but apply it where deserving.

/reading is FUNdamental!
    Between Realities

Global Posts
    11,666 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by randall2580 View Post
    The Yahoo CEO wanted staff who are responsible for designing their products to use the products their customers use. Facebook did the same. They want their people to have the same user experience their users are so they understand what needs to be upgraded and fixed.

According to KantarWorldPanel - in the markets they track - 95.2 percent of the phones sold in the last quarter were iOS and Android. Change that number I am sure she will add BB to the mix. To quote a favorite movie, it's not personal, it's business.
    Or, you can ditch the logic and simply believe that Yahoo truly hates RIM.

LOL
    randall2580 likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by randall2580 View Post
    Yes, a lot of companies are doing that these days. However, how many other CEOs make such backhanded comments about another company's products, especially one that supports their product (Yahoo! Chat)?
    Blatant placeholder signature.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,007 Global Posts
    PIN
    I have three

The way I read it it was all about the stock and how wall street feels about it. They are all unhappy with these companies because of the stock did not preform well and the lost thier collective A$$. It's like a petulant child screaming " I Hate You!" because you took away thier cookie. I hate JC Penny cause I used to fit into size 30 jeans and now it takes size 36. The nerve of those Corporate Pirates.
    lorax1284 likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,247 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bitek View Post
    sure yahoo should be on that list. yahoo is only search engine in the world that does not have its own search engine. it is using bing to generate its search results. and the ceo has audacity to imply that blackberry is not a smart phone. how pathetic is that ? the company is 100% riding on whatever is left of good will. it has no innovation and no future. mirosoft should put yahoo out of its misery, buy it and finally close the shop once and for all.
    Actually since Marissa Mayer has taken leadership the stock has risen from about 14 to a high just over 20. The two things they have done since she is there, redesigns of the email and Flickr have been praised, especially the Flickr redesign - which considering the recent missteps by Instagram could see a nice boost to Yahoo.

She's changed the culture over there, given the employees a charge by all accounts.

Seems similar to another company I know that was written off for lack of innovation and vision....
    Between Realities

Global Posts
    11,666 Global Posts

Yes, a lot of companies are doing that these days. However, how many other CEOs make such backhanded comments about another company's products, especially one that supports their product (Yahoo! Chat)?
    Ms Mayer's comments were somewhat sensationalized, IIRC, by BGR, and then lifted to a jarring crescendo here.

Correct me if I'm wrong (which is possible). What was her exact statement? What did she say about RIM?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,247 Global Posts

@ trelawrence: When explaining why she took her staff from all BlackBerry to allow them to take other phones except BlackBerry she made the mistake of saying the current crop were "not even smartphones". If you took it in context, and consider that in order to compete BB is completely redesigning the OS, you could understand what she was trying to say. That wasn't the most articulate way of saying it and of course it was, as you say a bomb here.
    CrackBerry Addict

It's Yahoo!, enough said...
    Actually Yahoo only picked up the story. The report was issued by 24/7 Wall Street.

The 10 Most Hated Companies in America
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    948 Global Posts

What did she say about RIM?
    I think it's what Meyer didn't say... when the announcment was issued that Yahoo was going all BYOD and letting their users have either an iPhone or Android (or WP too, I think) handset, RIM handsets were conspicuously left off the list.

I bet there will be plenty of Yahoo employees picking up BB10 devices and making all sorts of trouble for their IT admins because that device wasn't on her list.

The question is if there's going to be a follow up "... And BB10...." announcement (doubtful).
    I was tapering off. I'm all tapered out now.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    Ask me

With anything noted on Yahoo,have to take it with a grain of salt,interesting theory however why aren't they on the list. oh it's yahoo ...
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    2b9a3c0a

I wonder why people would HATE RIM though. I've never been disappointed in anything I've bought from them, just like I've never been disappointed in the iPod touch 4th gen, Mac Book, iPod touch 5th gen and Retina Mac Book Pro from Apple.

The only reason I can think of that people might hate RIM is that they had some old Curve 8520 or something that they thought would have the same apps as an iPhone or Android, and they felt like they were missing something. I did dislike getting that annoying black clock when my phone was getting slow, and I didn't like the trackballs on my 8100, 8320, 8800, or 9000, but only because they got dirty and sort of hard to use. But I never felt ripped off or had phones that bricked themselves or anything, so I'd really like to know why RIM would be "hated."
    Sean

Twitter: @SeanKelleher
    CrackBerry Master

Yahoo should be on the list. The company really has done nothing to stop it's slide to be even mentioned. Seems almost everything they try fails. Then pull the plug after a year or two when things don't take off. As for Rim being one of the most hated companies, a person has to ask themselves who does this survey and how would it benefit them to throw RIM in the mix. Most time investors pelt it with stones so they can make nice profits on false speculations.

Yahoo should worry about their own business. RIM clearly has a VISION and Set goals on their way back to recovery. Yahoo will continue to slide. When companies won't even buy yahoo, it tells you the company isn't worth it's investment for ROI. It would be like pouring money into a cup with no bottom. They are the sinking ship. Rim has no where to go but UP!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    742 Global Posts

Is this surprising? Look at all the Anti-BlackBerry and Anti-RIM trolls out there. I think for most people it was a bandwagon thing to be haters. It's interesting though that much of the noise has gone away as RIM is just over a week in releasing BB10. Many were proclaiming they'd never make it. Some still do the tired "too little, too late", but I think RIM has really stepped up and the haters are starting to be proven wrong.
    CrackBerry User

Please talk about BlackBerry, any news is free advertising.
    CrackBerry Addict

They are straight up jealous!!
    Be Proud
    9700(black)-9700(white)-9790-9900(black)-9900(white)-Playbook 32/64GB/LTE-Z10(black)-Z10(white)-Q10(black)
    BlackBerry by choice
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,441 Global Posts

Default Re: RIM is the 6th most hated company in the US

To be fair, depending on the survey taker, Yahoo could/should be on that list.
    of course yahoo should be on that list given it is not even true search engine. now it is bing slaped with yahoo namr on it

Sent from Blackberry Playbook using TapaTalk 2
    MyHomeSpace.ca and MyCondoSpace.ca
    CrackBerry Genius

Hating a company is weird. Maybe if they did something personal to you, or you were a stockholder and got burned. And to all of you who keep saying Yahoo! belongs on there, I think you are wrong. This is the top 10 hated. Honestly, Yahoo! Is not relevant enough to be in the top 10 of anything. I'm not saying that to slam Yahoo!, it's just the truth.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Alot of this has to do with investors losing tons of money. If you look at the stock price charts of all the companies on the list you will see that this is true. Remember investor's aren't some abstract entity, they are journalists, tech bloggers, executives, people like you and me, retirees, 20 somethings just starting an RRSP...you name it. The hate spreads rapidly to friends, family, coworkers and forums like this one.

Interestingly RIM's stock is up way over 100% since the iphone5 launch in Sept while Apple stock is down almost 30% during that same time period. Keep that in mind when you start reading more positive articles about RIM and more negative articles about Apple. Bottom line, investors HATE loosing money and investors are everywhere.
    Follow the breadcrumb trail of RIM's epic comeback with BB10BelieveIt on Twitter at @CrumbsObserver
    CrackBerry Abuser

I don't see Yahoo in that list....
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12