Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    266E4FD1
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Really? Wired now taking pot shots at RIM?

Really? Wired now taking pot shots at RIM?-wired.jpg

Wow, Wired Mag taking pot shots at RIM on twitter! So unprofessional. When will the cheap shots stop?
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Default Re: Really? Wired now taking pot shots at RIM?

Meh, it's just Twitter. Billions of stupid things are tweeted everyday...
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security." -Benjamin Franklin
    CeeXTwo likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,169 Global Posts

RIM brought this situation upon themselves. If you want to point fingers, start with the executive suites in Waterloo and work your way down the chain of incompetence...I mean management.

Global Posts
    5,492 Global Posts

It's unprofessional and not particularly clever but as scionicman pointed out...It's twitter...the land of unprofessional and not particularly clever.
    Thanked by 4:
    Cesare21 (11-13-2012),  howarmat (11-12-2012),  hpjrt (11-12-2012),  JRoman2k10 (11-13-2012) 

agreed its just not really in good taste for "reputable" mag/blog to take shots like that
    ~Matt
    Nexus 5, Z10 LE, White Lumia 521, 32GB Nook HD+ & 16GB PB, 32 GB Dell Venue 8 Pro
    @howarmat
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    266E4FD1
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

@thesonicman - It's supposed to be a professional magazine and stupid should not be on the menu.

@BB9700CA - A little off the mark. We could keep going and say "blame Canada, blame Canada...." -Regardless of what RIM has or has not done, Wired shouldn't be joining in the "let's make fun of RIM" and conducting themselves in an unprofessional manor. It's also very tired and beaten to death. RIM is turning the page, I would hope the media would too.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by BB9700CA View Post
    RIM brought this situation upon themselves. If you want to point fingers, start with the executive suites in Waterloo and work your way down the chain of incompetence...I mean management.
    You mean the management that is now long gone and has been mostly replaced? Because I don't think it will be very productive blaming them at this point.
    Blatant placeholder signature.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    993 Global Posts

Everyone has to get their shots in now before the phones release and they have to eat their words (at least we all hope).
    CrackBerry Abuser

Meh, anyone who's been on wired dot com any time in the last year knows they have a bad, bad case of iLove. I've stopped visiting the site, just couldn't take it any more.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    667 Global Posts

I've been Wireless for years now.
    Storm 1 > Bold 9900 > Blackberry Z10!
    Playbook 16gb > 64gb;
    Google Nexus 10
    Thanked by:
    DrBit2011 (11-12-2012) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,334 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Masahiro View Post
    You mean the management that is now long gone and has been mostly replaced? Because I don't think it will be very productive blaming them at this point.
    It's always a convenient tactic to try to reframe the entity scale from corporations to individuals, and vice versa, when trying to avoid responsibility, or draw attention away from the point of the statement. I assume of course, that were I, or anyone else here (as happens frequently) were to say something like:

"You have to give credit to RIM, they have released some great products, and brought some great innovations to the market, and have satisfied a lot of customers"

That you would jump in just with just as much vigor to say: "Those people are long gone and replaced. It isn't productive to give them any credit at this point."
    westcoastit likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by richardat View Post
    It's always a convenient tactic to try to reframe the entity scale from corporations to individuals, and vice versa, when trying to avoid responsibility, or draw attention away from the point of the statement.
    Except I'm not the one that is specifically pointing at executives and management. If you want to have a more accurately mirrored statement, you should try something like this:

RIM brought us these great devices. If you want to know who to thank, start with the executive suites in Waterloo and work your way down the chain of competence...I mean management.
    In a case like that, then I probably would have something to say. The problem is, I doubt anyone would be saying anything like that at this point. Therefore I'm afraid your presumptions will go unanswered.
    richardat likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,380 Global Posts

RIM lost NA marketshare. They've continued to grow globals subscribers while taking care of their core enterprise and taking care of the people who value security.

This things looooooooooong from over. All the naysayers are looking more and more lost everyday. Everyone knows the past. Repeating it doesnt make you look intelligent. If I told you the weather for the past week would that be a sign of intelligence?

BB10 is coming. Either join and enjoy the ride or get on a different one.
    Thanked by:
    bungaboy (11-13-2012) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,355 Global Posts
    PIN
    @getdjmac

Quote Originally Posted by richardat View Post
    It's always a convenient tactic to try to reframe the entity scale from corporations to individuals, and vice versa, when trying to avoid responsibility, or draw attention away from the point of the statement. I assume of course, that were I, or anyone else here (as happens frequently) were to say something like:

"You have to give credit to RIM, they have released some great products, and brought some great innovations to the market, and have satisfied a lot of customers"

That you would jump in just with just as much vigor to say: "Those people are long gone and replaced. It isn't productive to give them any credit at this point."
    How tiring,
    The old executives are the ones that engineered this BB10, and got out of the way for TH to implement.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Default Really? Wired now taking pot shots at RIM?

Nothing can stop this rubbish.....except the success of BB10
    Banned

Global Posts
    6,600 Global Posts
    PIN
    Not - NO!

Sorry but I agree with others and RIM will have to EARN it's way back into relevance! I can not forgive them for the 9900 as it was junk!

I know this will pi$$ some off but after using RIM back to the 950 days when it was nothing but a pager, they will have to PROVE to me that they are making dependable hardware!
    reeneebob likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,334 Global Posts

Except I'm not the one that is specifically pointing at executives and management. If you want to have a more accurately mirrored statement, you should try something like this:

In a case like that, then I probably would have something to say. The problem is, I doubt anyone would be saying anything like that at this point. Therefore I'm afraid your presumptions will go unanswered.
    LOL. I think this is fair enough, and will hold you to your latter assertion. I'm sure you will agree however, that the OP was making generalized statement, and that many, if not the majority of people involved with RIM say just prior to Heins ascension, are still there now. There is always flux in any corporate entity, but there hasn't been that much at RIM.....unless the 7000 were picked due to this! I suppose they are rid of the restraint-eaters as well! :-)

Global Posts
    6,526 Global Posts
    PIN
    Wouldn't you like to know

After all the missed deadlines, even tech news can be forgiven for thinking "we'll believe it when we see it"

RIM has burned a lot of bridges over the years. They are the ones who created this mess, not Wired.

The announcement is January 30. The actual release will likely be after that by a month or so (judging by usually release turn around with tech). Until I look in our cage at work and see BB10 devices in it, I'm not holding my breath. It's been almost 2 years without a new phone (other than iteration 11th billion of the Curve) - people are getting pessimistic.

I've got blisters on me fingers!!! from using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    Bigruss8 (11-13-2012) 
    JKeigh likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    PIN
    2805D8E9

Quote Originally Posted by howarmat View Post
    agreed its just not really in good taste for "reputable" mag/blog to take shots like that
    Most of the media lost good taste years ago, but what really needs to be looked at is it factual. Announcement on the 30th (really, how about Nov 30th ? ) no telling when they are going to be available.

As far as the RIP part, it was ineffective. I didn't notice it till later, thus the edit.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Loving the autoplay video ads on Crackberry. I was hoping my browser would shout at me today.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,169 Global Posts

The previous management regime was responsible for the position in which Research In Motion has languished for at least 5 years. Under the new management regime there have been some improvements and BlackBerry 10 will be their make or break moment in the sun. I hope the release of BlackBerry 10 in January 2013, or thereabouts, marks the rebirth of this one-time industry pioneer. Thorsten has stumbled a few times during this transition period. He does not walk on water nor will his charming accent automatically guarantee success. Research In Motion should seize the period between November 2012 and January 2013 to demonstrate that failure is not an option. If the company can rise from the doldrums, it must be 1Q2013, not sometime thereafter. One attempt to succeed of fail - we have been patient long enough.

As for Wired Magazine, this publication has always reflected the trends in technology. The article piling it on about Research In Motion in a continuation of the modus operandi. Maybe January 2013 will reflect a positive image of RIM but we all need to wait for the official release of BlackBerry 10.
    richardat likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by bbqkid8 View Post
    I've been Wireless for years now.
    What you did there, I see it.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by BB9700CA View Post
    The previous management regime was responsible for the position in which Research In Motion has languished for at least 5 years. Under the new management regime there have been some improvements and BlackBerry 10 will be their make or break moment in the sun.
    This is already well established (although five years is a bit of an exaggeration). I don't think this is news to anyone here. My question is, what's your point in bringing it up? The Co-CEO era is in the past. While it's true they were integral in putting together all the pieces that are leading up to BB10, it's time to move on. If you're truly hoping for a rebirth of RIM, then perhaps you should stop clinging to the past and beating the dead horse.

Debate the topic not the other members

We're short of spammers to ban today, so the mods have more time for forceful peacekeeping. A few high profile bans always seems to work well... You have been warned.
    <a href="http://www.galatis.de/starboard.php?d=5518"><!-- Something special for the spammers --></a>
    CrackBerry... where only Stupid People fight about Smart Phones
    Thanked by:
    mikeo007 (11-13-2012) 
    kevinnugent and diegonei like this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,169 Global Posts

If you're truly hoping for a rebirth of RIM, then perhaps you should stop clinging to the past and beating the dead horse.
    I was not beating a dead horse. I was clarifying an earlier comment that caused another forum member to misinterpret that earlier posted message. As I recall I even apologized for not making my original message crystal clear and devoid of potential of misinterpretation. To avoid dragging out your desire for a fight I withdraw from this thread. Awaiting BlackBerry 10.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast