Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast
Like Tree154Likes
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Real or Fake? iOS apps running on Playbook!

Last edited by Kevin Michaluk; 06-12-2012 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Original thread title was iOS apps running on Playbook! The Real or Fake? was added by a moderator.
    Thanked by 8:
    1magine (06-11-2012),  ayekon (06-10-2012),  jinxednuance (06-12-2012),  PlayBookUserMT (06-11-2012),  shukran86 (06-20-2012),  threekings (06-14-2012),  wodooman.pb (08-07-2012),  xDragonZ (06-10-2012) 
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    993 Global Posts

How'd he made some sort of Objective-C emulator on PB? I also hope it's GNU-compatible and clean room reversed engineered too.

Hmm interesting... Not sure what I think of it yet, however if it is real I'm sure Apple will find some way to bring the fury of their entire legal department down on this guy.
    Wallpaper Changer HD for BB10 A MUST HAVE APP - Automatically rotates your wallpaper - Now with battery % meter, weather and more!

Evolution Web Browser with Ad Block - The ultra fast web browser with gestures and full screen browsing
    Ultimate ScreenSaver - Includes weather, rss news, clock and more! Many scenes including Aquarium and Fireplace or use your own pictures

Visit: http://www.shao-soft.com
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

That's a lot of work for a fake.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by Shao128 View Post
    Hmm interesting... Not sure what I think of it yet, however if it is real I'm sure Apple will find some way to bring the fury of their entire legal department down on this guy.
    True, but we just had a ruling that said APIs are not copyright protected. So if you wrote an iOS emulator it may fall under that umbrella.
    ---
    Magnesus likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

It goes by very quickly so I might have missed it....

The very last second of the first video when he closes the app I do not see any of those icons on his playbook.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

The one "Brine" icon launches the emulator, which can load any of the apps. As devuser, you can only install 10 apps, so I have a menu system which lets me select which app to run.
    AT_Nepal likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by businesscat2000 View Post
    The one "Brine" icon launches the emulator, which can load any of the apps. As devuser, you can only install 10 apps, so I have a menu system which lets me select which app to run.
    Are those your videos?
    Wallpaper Changer HD for BB10 A MUST HAVE APP - Automatically rotates your wallpaper - Now with battery % meter, weather and more!

Evolution Web Browser with Ad Block - The ultra fast web browser with gestures and full screen browsing
    Ultimate ScreenSaver - Includes weather, rss news, clock and more! Many scenes including Aquarium and Fireplace or use your own pictures

Visit: http://www.shao-soft.com
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

I'm undone. Yes
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    949 Global Posts

Are you going to release this to the general public and might as well get this out of the way, does Skype work?
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

I would like to release to the public, but not sure if I will be able to.
    Thanked by 2:
    AT_Nepal (12-08-2012),  Magnesus (06-13-2012) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    320 Global Posts

Wow this is crazy.

Keep up the good work cat!
    CrackBerry Genius

Wow, that's very impressive....
    Time Lord

Global Posts
    10,331 Global Posts

Doesn't matter.. Apple lawyers in 3, 2, 1.. that's even assuming legit. The obtaining of the .ipa files needed, not the API's will be questioned.. let alone the fact of getting it past App World approval.
    “There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”

[ Mobile Nations Sites: Android, iOS, Windows Phone, BlackBerry, Smartwatch Fans]
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    2B1BC93C

Quote Originally Posted by businesscat2000 View Post
    I would like to release to the public, but not sure if I will be able to.
    What would be holding you back?
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    18,372 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mithrazor View Post
    What would be holding you back?
    Probably what Bla1ze said.
    Why is it that when your contract commitment is up, the phone you always wanted is now old and the phone you now want won't be out until the next quarter? - Checkout Planet Loser on Channel C003DAB77

Curve 8330 4.5.0.131 -> Bold 9650 6.0.0.706 --> Qued 10 - Plus not one but two totally awesome (albeit extinct) kickin' Playbooks
    r0v3rT3N likes this.

PIN
    Optional, but not needed.

Hmm... Releasing it as public domain software would be a very great idea. Make sure it has a GNU license so it cannot be removed and MIRROR THE OUT OF IT while you are at it. I'm talking about bittorrent, peer 2 peer (p2p) and sharing on social networks!!, this way, it cannot be taken out.

I love this work, PROPS TO YOU DEVELOPER!!

Maybe I'll convince people not to get an ipad once this is mainstream open source!

PS. Release the source code and a .tar.gz so people can compile it on other operating systems too. I like where this is going.

**DISCLAIMER** I don't support anything illegal, but I DO support the sharing of one's hard work by all means necessary.

PIN
    Optional, but not needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bla1ze View Post
    Doesn't matter.. Apple lawyers in 3, 2, 1.. that's even assuming legit. The obtaining of the .ipa files needed, not the API's will be questioned.. let alone the fact of getting it past App World approval.
    It is a quality app.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,380 Global Posts

I'd assume the developer would own the app so only they would be able to deny access.

This could be a devastating blow to apple.

The more I think about it the more I dislike the closed app system approach apple has.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,237 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B630F1E

Quote Originally Posted by louzer View Post
    Probably what Bla1ze said.
    It's a great idea. I hope your friends and family will be able to come visit you.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,912 Global Posts

What Bla1ze said. Obtaining of the .ipa files. I have a ton of apps bought from app store, the .ipa files are just lying around my computer. If this goes live, it would be huge for me. But i'm guessing so would the legal implications. Just look at PlayBook with Android .apk.

BTW, great work! the demo looks silky smooth.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,608 Global Posts
    PIN
    CH A LOAF

I would release it, and pretend its fully legal, like apple.
    What are they going to do? Get rich off you? Are you rich? They would probably pay you to not further develop this.
    CrackBerry Genius

A huge corporation like RIM can't get its android runtime to run any app as complex as those. This guy did this by himself without a big bankroll? It is hard to believe it's true.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Please god go public
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,524 Global Posts

I must say, it's pretty hard to believe. Emulating an entire CPU, like that at near native speeds seems like a pipe dream, let alone the GPU, I/O and sound engine. Modern desktop PCs still have trouble emulating the Nintendo Wii...

Still, I'll suspend my disbelief for now, but I'm VERY skeptical here. And for those saying this would be hard to fake...not really at all.
    emosquito likes this.
Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast