Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast
Like Tree644Likes
    Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    12,016 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ray689 View Post
    Hmmmm so what was Bla1ze talking about? Or just trying to add fuel for more traffic while knowing it wasn't true?
    Don't get mad at me for saying that people but ultimately that's kinda what the goal is .

Posted via CB10
    I'm like 2Pac, I ain't mad at cha' - I got nuthin' but love fo' ya.
    Answers are easy. It's asking the right questions which is hard. - The Doctor

[ Mobile Nations Sites: Android, iOS, Windows Phone, BlackBerry, Connectedly]
    00stryder likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

BlackBerry has officially responded and shot down the rumour. Check N4BB. Sorry.

This post was crafted in a couple of seconds on the awesome BlackBerry Z10 keyboard
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,576 Global Posts
    PIN
    24E2B9CC

Quote Originally Posted by bb4life21 View Post
    Don't try to back pedal now...yesterday your were ranting at posters and telling people how you can't wait to rub it in their face for doubting you. Where is all that confidence now??
    You're not very bright are you? Please do state for the record how I am back peddling. I just used my confidence to question the legitimacy of N4BB's reporting based upon logical reasoning that an official statement would include a press release or at the very least a name of the spokesperson attached to the statement. You've replied trying to sound smart but did you even think about what you're even saying?
    BlackBerry History: 8220 > 9800 > 9810 > 9900 > DevAlpha A > Z10 > Z30
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    If ur sexy>>>pm me

Quote Originally Posted by CatlinFD View Post
    You're not very bright are you? Please do state for the record how I am back peddling. I just used my confidence to question the legitimacy of N4BB's reporting based upon logical reasoning that an official statement would include a press release or at the very least a name of the spokesperson attached to the statement. You've replied trying to sound smart but did you even think about what you're even saying?
    We will see what comes out of this. Too many people are making claims. I am Thankful for your insight. Just hope it's true

Posted via CB10
    "I gotta Z10......I gotta Z10....Hey...Hey...Hey....Hey"........
    CrackBerry Abuser

N4BB has the following headline: BlackBerry Denies Google Play Store Coming to BlackBerry 10:

There has been a tremendous amount of rumor swirling about that Google Play Store will arrive on BlackBerry 10. The rumor has it that BlackBerry 10.2.1 will usher in the support of Google Play Store to aid in giving BlackBerry 10 users access to a plethora of apps.

We’ve reached out to BlackBerry for comment on the matter and received this official statement:

“We can confirm that there is no planned support for Google Play on BlackBerry. BlackBerry World remains the primary source for trusted and curated BlackBerry applications and we continue to support open standards and open source tools so BlackBerry developers can continue to create apps on any of the development platforms we support.”

For those hopefuls who thought that Google Play Store on BlackBerry 10 would have been beneficial, you can keep dreaming. BlackBerry looks to keep their app ecosystem whole through BlackBerry World.
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bla1ze View Post
    So stoked, and thankfully Space (the channel showing it here) is running a ton of lead up stuff as well. All the Doctor's Revisited, Marathons of episodes as well as An Adventure in space and time on the 22nd and finally, the 50th episode with no commercials. I wanted to go to the theatre to see it but only tickets I can get are for the 25th.
    I tried as well to get CinePlex tickets, but no luck. I actually know Teddy Wilson from years back when he was an intern working for Lindsay Leese at the Tim Sims Theatre... Are you in Toronto or out east? I could ask him to sneak you in to a screening if you're interested! Be happy to give it a shot. I've already make alternative arrangements to watch it with fellow geeks so I'd be willing to ask on your behalf. Let me know. Who knows, Teddy might be a BlackBerry user.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,576 Global Posts
    PIN
    24E2B9CC

Didn't Lucas post that negotiations were happening and is suddenly backpedaling mere days later? Seems poor journalism regardless of what is true or isn't true! Yes, lets post something then contradict it later on. Methinks he doesn't have sources for either article.

Let's hope something does come out of the rumors because something does exist internally. But will it see the light of day?
    CrackBerry Addict

Yes I'm VERY clear in what I'm saying. But since it seems the simplest things you are not able to grasp I will dumb it down for you. ". WHERE IS ALL OF YOUR CONFIDENCE NOW"...easy enough? Why didn't you answer the article with proof or as you put yesterday "you can't wait to throw it in posters faces when you are right ". No more sly answers? Just a "sorry I don't believe it because there's no name attached ". Watch out for the wall behind you with all that back peddling.

Ps. If you still don't understand I have flash cards I use for kids.
    Thanked by:
    Anilu7 (11-11-2013) 
    Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    12,016 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomesane View Post
    I tried as well to get CinePlex tickets, but no luck. I actually know Teddy Wilson from years back when he was an intern working for Lindsay Leese at the Tim Sims Theatre... Are you in Toronto or out east? I could ask him to sneak you in to a screening if you're interested! Be happy to give it a shot. I've already make alternative arrangements to watch it with fellow geeks so I'd be willing to ask on your behalf. Let me know. Who knows, Teddy might be a BlackBerry user.
    I'm out in Halifax, Nova Scotia but all good. I got my days all planned out already and reminders set on the cable box lol. I appreciate the offer though.

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,164 Global Posts

Didn't Lucas post that negotiations were happening and is suddenly backpedaling mere days later? Seems poor journalism regardless of what is true or isn't true! Yes, lets post something then contradict it later on. Methinks he doesn't have sources for either article.

Let's hope something does come out of the rumors because something does exist internally. But will it see the light of day?
    I find it highly ironic that you're the one skeptical of sources.

This is all incredibly entertaining. This is why I can't quit CB.
    Thanked by:
    bb4life21 (11-11-2013) 
    Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    12,016 Global Posts

Yes I'm VERY clear in what I'm saying. But since it seems the simplest things you are not able to grasp I will dumb it down for you. ". WHERE IS ALL OF YOUR CONFIDENCE NOW"...easy enough? Why didn't you answer the article with proof or as you put yesterday "you can't wait to throw it in posters faces when you are right ". No more sly answers? Just a "sorry I don't believe it because there's no name attached ". Watch out for the wall behind you with all that back peddling.

Now now, settle down you two. Don't make me start enforcing rules... I hate rules myself and even more so myself when I have to force them upon others so please, if you can't get along just move on and forget about it or make plans for recess where you can fight at the monkey bars.

Thanked by 2:
    FRG_RC (11-12-2013),  southlander (11-11-2013) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,543 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by willygringo876 View Post
    BlackBerry World would become A graveyard. Why would developers build BlackBerry apps anymore if the Android store becomes available. How would the apps work with the os? Hub integration and all. This is a bad business idea if you want BlackBerry10 to survive and grow as a platform. It's great news for the average customers. At least on the surface, but if you think about the user experience over time you'll see what I mean. For android apps that I get through BlackBerry World they work okay but the side loaded apps don't integrate that well.

Posted via CB10
    Precisely. Devs need to work with Momentics to dish out BlackBerry experience apps, Android apps will have disadvantage performance wise and integration wise.

The first thing BlackBerry need to survive is to increase the number of people actually using BlackBerry. Trying to play hard to get won't help much. Once they have the numbers, devs would start trying to leverage that by building BlackBerry 10 apps

Z10 STL100-1/10.1.0.4633
    Awesome keyboard | High resolution display
    Ergonomic grip | Good performance
    That's my BlackBerry Z10
    Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    12,016 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raestloz View Post
    The first thing BlackBerry need to survive is to increase the number of people actually using BlackBerry.
    Z10 STL100-1/10.1.0.4633
    That's all very chicken and egg though. With no apps there is no users, with no users there is no apps.

00stryder likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    246 Global Posts

My question is, are the sources pointing toward accessing the Play Store itself ? Or simply a way to mitigate access to the Play store catalog via some 3rd party app / software?
    CrackBerry Addict

It sucks. I would have bought the stock. Oh well!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,543 Global Posts

That's all very chicken and egg though. With no apps there is no users, with no users there is no apps.
    Correct, which is why a Play Store availability would solve the egg (app) problem, then the chickens (users) will start popping out.

Or maybe BlackBerry can try to make porting apps even easier. I have never tried to port an Android or iOS app, but I figure if it's even easier, people would be more likely to start porting.

In the meantime, BlackBerry also desperately need social media apps on board. Those apps drive people every day

Z10 STL100-1/10.1.0.4633
    That's my BlackBerry Z10
    Thanked by:
    FunktasticLucky (11-11-2013) 
    00stryder likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

It always seemed weird to me that BlackBerry would be pushing for adoption of a second app store anyway. Not only would it confuse people, but several issues come up that many users have highlighted here (compensation breakdown, World becoming obsolete, quality control, etc.)

I still think something is going on behind closed doors, but who knows.

Posted via CB10
    "The blacker the berry the sweeter the use..." -- 93Aero
    CrackBerry Master

http://blackberryempire.com/google-p...blackberry-10/

We can confirm that there is no planned support for Google Play on BlackBerry. BlackBerry World remains the primary source for trusted and curated BlackBerry applications and we continue to support open standards and open source tools so BlackBerry developers can continue to create apps on any of the development platforms we support.

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Q10 - 10.2.0.1047 OS
    Anilu7 likes this.
    Banned

I'm out in Halifax, Nova Scotia but all good. I got my days all planned out already and reminders set on the cable box lol. I appreciate the offer though.
    Ignore my PM then. I just wanted to reach out to a fellow Whovian.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by RafiqK View Post
    http://blackberryempire.com/google-p...blackberry-10/

We can confirm that there is no planned support for Google Play on BlackBerry. BlackBerry World remains the primary source for trusted and curated BlackBerry applications and we continue to support open standards and open source tools so BlackBerry developers can continue to create apps on any of the development platforms we support.

Lol you guys should really read through the thread before posting news that has already been posted.

Posted via CB10
    "The blacker the berry the sweeter the use..." -- 93Aero
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,576 Global Posts
    PIN
    24E2B9CC

It seems that you cannot form a coherent logical thought, let alone a coherent response so I'm going to break down my answer into point form so perhaps you'll be able to understand this in layman terms.
    1. Logical reasoning tells us an official statement would have a spokesperson name attached or a link to the statement.
    2. Without being able to cite the source of an official statement listed by a company, the journalism is hearsay.
    3. Journalism based upon speculation includes what Lucas has includes: no citations, little to no information and makes blanket statements
    4. Journalism based upon facts includes: citations and necessary information.
    5. Unlike Lucas, I have not directly contradicted myself across several news articles and have kept my story straight. I also don't claim to speak officially or have official information, rather I repeat what I have seen first hand and what I am told by sources.
    6. In my response here, I am showcasing confidence by ensuring the users of CrackBerry don't blindly accept an article as being factual just because it uses big fancy important words like "official statement", "is not coming" when the presented journalism has serious problems that cast it's authenticity into doubt. The serious problems I have discussed in my points above.
    7. I have responded to the article with logic and common sense skepticism in a manner that is consistent with my past stance on this issue that Google Play and runtime changes does existent internally and that it will see the light of day in some type of final form however they implement the changes
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,543 Global Posts

Wait until they blow everyone's minds by saying "we did say we won't support Play Store, we never said we won't have Play Store integrated directly into BlackBerry World! Ha!"

Okay, sorry about that, a man can dream, right?

Z10 STL100-1/10.1.0.4633
    That's my BlackBerry Z10
    Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    12,016 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nabil114 View Post
    It sucks. I would have bought the stock. Oh well!
    And this right here, is one of the reasons why I said you can't force BlackBerry's hand to announce something they're not ready to. Next thing you know if they announce and it doesn't roll out for 6-12 months you'd end up with people suing them for stock manipulation or some BS. But whatever, assuming that statement is accurate then that's all anyone really has to go on for now.

In the meantime, I'll be waiting for Kevin to confirm the statement. Not implying Lucas is wrong either but if Kevin has the same statement then I'll feel better about it. Also why I've not posted it to the blogs, not going to run someone else's comments without having my own confirmation of said statement.

Thanked by:
    russworman (11-11-2013) 
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by 00stryder View Post
    Lol you guys should really read through the thread before posting news that has already been posted.

Posted via CB10
    Naw iits okay

Banned

It seems that you cannot form a coherent logical thought, let alone a coherent response so I'm going to break down my answer into point form so perhaps you'll be able to understand this in layman terms.
    1. Logical reasoning tells us an official statement would have a spokesperson name attached or a link to the statement.
    2. Without being able to cite the source of an official statement listed by a company, the journalism is hearsay.
    3. Journalism based upon speculation includes what Lucas has includes: no citations, little to no information and makes blanket statements
    4. Journalism based upon facts includes: citations and necessary information.
    5. Unlike Lucas, I have not directly contradicted myself across several news articles and have kept my story straight. I also don't claim to speak officially or have official information, rather I repeat what I have seen first hand and what I am told by sources.
    6. In my response here, I am showcasing confidence by ensuring the users of CrackBerry don't blindly accept an article as being factual just because it uses big fancy important words like "official statement", "is not coming" when the presented journalism has serious problems that cast it's authenticity into doubt. The serious problems I have discussed in my points above.
    7. I have responded to the article with logic and common sense skepticism in a manner that is consistent with my past stance on this issue that Google Play and runtime changes does existent internally and that it will see the light of day in some type of final form however they implement the changes
    So you're standing by the statement that Google Play is coming to BB10, whether in 10.2.1 or later?

Obviously, a lot of people would like to see that happen. Hopefully your sources are correct.
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast