- 11-11-13, 08:24 PM #253
- CrackBerry Abuser
11-11-13, 08:27 PM #255
- 263 Posts
N4BB has the following headline: BlackBerry Denies Google Play Store Coming to BlackBerry 10:
There has been a tremendous amount of rumor swirling about that Google Play Store will arrive on BlackBerry 10. The rumor has it that BlackBerry 10.2.1 will usher in the support of Google Play Store to aid in giving BlackBerry 10 users access to a plethora of apps.
We’ve reached out to BlackBerry for comment on the matter and received this official statement:
“We can confirm that there is no planned support for Google Play on BlackBerry. BlackBerry World remains the primary source for trusted and curated BlackBerry applications and we continue to support open standards and open source tools so BlackBerry developers can continue to create apps on any of the development platforms we support.”
For those hopefuls who thought that Google Play Store on BlackBerry 10 would have been beneficial, you can keep dreaming. BlackBerry looks to keep their app ecosystem whole through BlackBerry World.
- 11-11-13, 08:28 PM #256
- 11-11-13, 08:29 PM #257
Didn't Lucas post that negotiations were happening and is suddenly backpedaling mere days later? Seems poor journalism regardless of what is true or isn't true! Yes, lets post something then contradict it later on. Methinks he doesn't have sources for either article.
Let's hope something does come out of the rumors because something does exist internally. But will it see the light of day?
- CrackBerry Addict
11-11-13, 08:33 PM #258
- 617 Posts
Ps. If you still don't understand I have flash cards I use for kids.
- 11-11-13, 08:35 PM #261
- 11-11-13, 08:36 PM #262
The first thing BlackBerry need to survive is to increase the number of people actually using BlackBerry. Trying to play hard to get won't help much. Once they have the numbers, devs would start trying to leverage that by building BlackBerry 10 apps
- 11-11-13, 08:39 PM #264
- 11-11-13, 08:42 PM #266
Or maybe BlackBerry can try to make porting apps even easier. I have never tried to port an Android or iOS app, but I figure if it's even easier, people would be more likely to start porting.
In the meantime, BlackBerry also desperately need social media apps on board. Those apps drive people every day
- CrackBerry Genius
11-11-13, 08:43 PM #267
- 2,906 Posts
It always seemed weird to me that BlackBerry would be pushing for adoption of a second app store anyway. Not only would it confuse people, but several issues come up that many users have highlighted here (compensation breakdown, World becoming obsolete, quality control, etc.)
I still think something is going on behind closed doors, but who knows.
Posted via CB10
- CrackBerry Genius
11-11-13, 08:44 PM #268
- 1,515 Posts
We can confirm that there is no planned support for Google Play on BlackBerry. BlackBerry World remains the primary source for trusted and curated BlackBerry applications and we continue to support open standards and open source tools so BlackBerry developers can continue to create apps on any of the development platforms we support.
Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Q10 - 10.2.0.1047 OS
- 11-11-13, 08:48 PM #271
- Logical reasoning tells us an official statement would have a spokesperson name attached or a link to the statement.
- Without being able to cite the source of an official statement listed by a company, the journalism is hearsay.
- Journalism based upon speculation includes what Lucas has includes: no citations, little to no information and makes blanket statements
- Journalism based upon facts includes: citations and necessary information.
- Unlike Lucas, I have not directly contradicted myself across several news articles and have kept my story straight. I also don't claim to speak officially or have official information, rather I repeat what I have seen first hand and what I am told by sources.
- In my response here, I am showcasing confidence by ensuring the users of CrackBerry don't blindly accept an article as being factual just because it uses big fancy important words like "official statement", "is not coming" when the presented journalism has serious problems that cast it's authenticity into doubt. The serious problems I have discussed in my points above.
- I have responded to the article with logic and common sense skepticism in a manner that is consistent with my past stance on this issue that Google Play and runtime changes does existent internally and that it will see the light of day in some type of final form however they implement the changes
- 11-11-13, 08:49 PM #272
Wait until they blow everyone's minds by saying "we did say we won't support Play Store, we never said we won't have Play Store integrated directly into BlackBerry World! Ha!"
Okay, sorry about that, a man can dream, right?
- 11-11-13, 08:56 PM #273
In the meantime, I'll be waiting for Kevin to confirm the statement. Not implying Lucas is wrong either but if Kevin has the same statement then I'll feel better about it. Also why I've not posted it to the blogs, not going to run someone else's comments without having my own confirmation of said statement.
- By drmike in forum Rehab & Off-Topic LoungeReplies: 321Last Post: 01-21-14, 09:00 PM
- By Marlvin Dustzi in forum BlackBerry UnlockingReplies: 2Last Post: 11-13-13, 08:27 AM
- By Kamlekar Venkateshwar in forum BlackBerry Torch 9860/9850Replies: 12Last Post: 11-12-13, 10:51 AM
- By mrbub in forum BB10 Android App SideloadingReplies: 2Last Post: 11-11-13, 12:25 PM
- By OniBerry in forum News & RumorsReplies: 2Last Post: 11-11-13, 11:47 AM