Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. digitalman101's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    566 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Thumbs up Pre-orders in Portugal!!

    Before going into details, wish to provide a summarized status. Portugal is not a BB nation and for those are not aware, Portugal is passing through one of their Worst economic period.

    With this said, i cannot imagine for any record sale or generalized enthusiasm. But still, it is a positive sign of BB10 going global. The Z10 pre-order is available through FNAC at 740 EUR SIM carrier free. According to FNAC site, availability expected on 15th of March.

    BlackBerry Z10 LTE (Black), Telemóvel. Comprar na Fnac.pt
    Thanked by:
    Superfly_FR (02-17-2013) 
  2. Superfly_FR's Avatar

    Posts
    9,316 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,327 Global Posts
    PIN
    Hey, what did you expect ?
    #2  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by digitalman101 View Post
    Before going into details, wish to provide a summarized status. Portugal is not a BB nation and for those are not aware, Portugal is passing through one of their Worst economic period.

    With this said, i cannot imagine for any record sale or generalized enthusiasm. But still, it is a positive sign of BB10 going global. The Z10 pre-order is available through FNAC at 740 EUR SIM carrier free. According to FNAC site, availability expected on 15th of March.

    BlackBerry Z10 LTE (Black), Telemóvel. Comprar na Fnac.pt
    740 euros?
    Sounds huge!
    Got mine in France For 520!
    Weird in a crisis situation...


    Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    Join my BBM Channel : C00035FA6
    "I speak English like a Spanish Cow"
    I'm a StockBerrian, proudly holding 50 150 250 400 550 1000 BlackBerry shares
  3. FranzJoseph's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    343 Posts
    #3  

    Default

    Wait are you saying that pre orders are strong in Portugal?
  4. aniym's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    428 Posts
    Global Posts
    460 Global Posts
    #4  

    Default Re: Pre-orders in Portugal!!

    Quote Originally Posted by FranzJoseph View Post
    Wait are you saying that pre orders are strong in Portugal?
    I think he's saying that per orders have now opened in Portugal. 740 EUR seems extremely steep, been when unluing 20pct VAT. I thought the whole point of the common currency was to at least reduce price differences between different t countries in the same free trade zone.

    Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    digitalman101 (02-17-2013) 
  5. digitalman101's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    566 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly_FR View Post
    740 euros?
    Sounds huge!
    Got mine in France For 520!
    Weird in a crisis situation...


    Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    You are right, 740 EUR is heavy.. As much as i desire z10, i will not pre order it. :-(

    Is 520 EUR Z10 locked to a carrier?
  6. digitalman101's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    566 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FranzJoseph View Post
    Wait are you saying that pre orders are strong in Portugal?
    Like Aniym wrote, pretty sure the pre orders will be very small. On FB BB Portugal oficial page, most people are saying that it is too expensive and will not get it.
  7. kfh227's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,811 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,821 Global Posts
    #7  

    Default

    FWIW:
    Portugal population: 10,000,000
    Canada population: 35,000,000
    UK population: 62,000,000
  8. kevinnugent's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,113 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,238 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B630F1E
    #8  

    Default

    Good lord, that's the equivalent of $960 here!! That's highway robbery!
  9. Superfly_FR's Avatar

    Posts
    9,316 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,327 Global Posts
    PIN
    Hey, what did you expect ?
    #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by digitalman101 View Post
    You are right, 740 EUR is heavy.. As much as i desire z10, i will not pre order it. :-(

    Is 520 EUR Z10 locked to a carrier?
    Locked with no duration plan (pre-paid). so you have to add 16 to 70 € (depends on who does the unlock) to get a (contract) free phone.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 02-18-2013 at 02:52 PM.
    Join my BBM Channel : C00035FA6
    "I speak English like a Spanish Cow"
    I'm a StockBerrian, proudly holding 50 150 250 400 550 1000 BlackBerry shares
    Thanked by:
    digitalman101 (02-18-2013) 

Similar Threads

  1. Should RIM Start BlackBerry 10 Pre-Orders in December?
    By r0v3rT3N in forum General BlackBerry Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-15-2012, 04:52 PM
  2. For all of you who pre-ordered in-store
    By mom21 in forum BlackBerry PlayBook
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 04-15-2011, 12:18 PM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-07-2009, 12:49 AM
  4. Blackberry Bold Pre Order in UK
    By HairyHaggis in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-02-2008, 07:09 AM

Posting Permissions