Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes
    CrackBerry Master

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Power of QNX and Tat..amazing! demo@MWC2012

this is what happens when QNX (Qnet distributed multiprocessing) and Tat gets married..awesome apps!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=5mTLEb9wG3w

updated with some more videos.

Last edited by sf49ers; 02-27-2012 at 02:00 PM.
    Thanked by 10:
    Alex_Hong (02-27-2012),  Alphax45 (02-29-2012),  bobauckland (02-27-2012),  cutexoxo (02-28-2012),  Hawkeberry (02-27-2012),  kennyliu (02-27-2012),  llllBULLSEYE (02-27-2012),  mithrazor (02-27-2012),  purijagmohan (02-27-2012),  world traveler and former ceo (02-28-2012) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    496 Global Posts

Very Nice! Hopefully RIM can get this ready for when BB10 phones come out,
    CrackBerry User

Pretty impressive.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,953 Global Posts

I remember seeing something like this in a concept video. But seeing it in action is unreal. Hoping to see this feature built in to BB10!
    yauchunh likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Now we are talking.Thanks OP.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    492 Global Posts

very cool! I honestly think QNX could be the next huge OS for mobile platforms but they need to execute it better and allow developers the tools and ease of making quality apps.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    17,706 Global Posts

KOOL, this is the kind of stuff that marketing is made of.....hint, hint RIM. NICE find OP
    Thanked by:
    bmw328i (02-27-2012) 
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    2B7B5318

Ummmmmmm......I damn near slapped myself after watching that video. WOW!!! Fa real....they could say this isn't coming soon but just say this is a taste of things to come in BB10 and I will gladly wait.

Once Tat finish the main work on the BB10 OS I'll be glad to see more apps like this from them
    Yes I am black...and yes I LOVE grape Kool Aid. I can't blame u for judging me

- Durrell pin:2B7B5318
    CrackBerry Abuser

Looks like Playbook is DLNA enabled. Anyone else noticed?
    recompile likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Wow! That was impressive. It could be quite useful in business meetings. I'm curious how it knew where the devices were in relation to one another.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread title should be amended to NSF. No that's not a flashlight in my pants, I just watched this video!
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    593 Global Posts

I wonder if those units were using NFC, either that or they were using gyroscope and sensors to maintain relative positioning to one another. Power Swipe!

Teasers Are Torture!
    Last edited by BaconMunch; 02-27-2012 at 01:55 PM.
    CrackBerry Master

Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

Quote Originally Posted by BarracudaBob View Post
    Wow! That was impressive. It could be quite useful in business meetings. I'm curious how it knew where the devices were in relation to one another.
    I think it is QNX's Qnet for Transparent Distributed Processing

A Neutrino native network is a group of interconnected workstations running only Neutrino. In this network, a program can transparently access any resource -- whether it's a file, a device, or a process -- on any other node (a computer or a workstation) in your local subnetwork. You can even run programs on other nodes.
    http://www.qnx.com/developers/docs/6...uide/qnet.html
    Last edited by sf49ers; 02-27-2012 at 02:05 PM.
    bquinney and Dapper37 like this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,866 Global Posts
    PIN
    333BCCA7

Two points:

• Cool. Really, really cool, and one step closer to the conceptual video "leaked" a few months ago. Imagine transferring so seamlessly between phone, tablet, computer at work, car, home appliances... the list of uses goes on and on...
    • Enough with the demos. TAT has demoed a ton of cool, cool stuff. We don't have any of it available to us (except for the least cool thing of them all - Scrapbook). It's now just teasing. I realize cascades SDK is coming out soon and blah blah blah, but they keep showing this stuff that IF it was on a handset, BB would be the "it" phone again. They've become the strip club of mobile companies -- look but don't touch.
    steelguy and BB10FTW like this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    673 Global Posts

RCK
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,248 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BaconMunch View Post
    I wonder if those units were using NFC, either that or they were using gyroscope and sensors to maintain relative positioning to one another. Power Swipe!

Teasers Are Torture!
    In this video at :20
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcHbhb0rstk[/YT]

Attendee: Are they connected by NFC?
    TAT: No, they are connected by regular Wi-Fi. The locations are determined by a camera in the ceiling.
    Thanked by:
    Deathcommand (02-27-2012) 
    peter9477 likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,953 Global Posts

the concept from TAT. check out 1:55 for the similar concept.
    CrackBerry Genius

Come on TAT, demo less, ship more! Don't you guys have a Cascades SDK to work on or something??
    purijagmohan likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,953 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LoganSix View Post
    Attendee: Are they connected by NFC?
    TAT: No, they are connected by regular Wi-Fi. The locations are determined by a camera in the ceiling.
    hmm, that would be useful in a business meeting for sure, in a company with playbooks and blackberry phones deployment. But for consumers, surely we cant have a camera mounted on our home ceiling, or in the sky when we're outside (as seen in the TAT concept video). Are there any other options? can bluetooth or regular wifi detect location?
    purijagmohan likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,248 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Hong View Post
    hmm, that would be useful in a business meeting for sure, in a company with playbooks and blackberry phones deployment. But for consumers, surely we cant have a camera mounted on our home ceiling, or in the sky when we're outside (as seen in the TAT concept video). Are there any other options? can bluetooth or regular wifi detect location?
    Not even practical for most businesses, because they would have to purchase the ceiling monitor.

My guess is that GPS is not exact enough and Bluetooth doesn't really give the location of other devices, just that they are within range.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    292 Global Posts

Although cool concept videos, the fact that you need a camera in the ceiling to determine the location of the PlayBooks puts this out of the hands of 95% of people. I'm sure they will come up with easy ways of transferring files using NFC or perhaps some other type of sensor they embed in the devices.

I'm still very impressed!
    8900 - 9800 - Playbook - Z10 - Passport
    purijagmohan likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by LoganSix View Post
    Not even practical for most businesses, because they would have to purchase the ceiling monitor.

My guess is that GPS is not exact enough and Bluetooth doesn't really give the location of other devices, just that they are within range.
    We've been experimenting with color markers in the corners and on ceilings for a museum project we're working on. So far we're getting decent results that way.

It's definitely some insanely impressive stuff, but how about some of TAT's handiwork in some practical applications?
    Ed

Ursus moderatus levisomnus.
    purijagmohan likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Very impressive!!
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    2973C0E8

Mind blown!!!! I want this now!!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast