Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 59
Like Tree52Likes
  1. Korepab's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    325 Posts
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Potentially some very good news

    I work in the telecommunications industry and seeing notices from Canadian carriers is part of my job.

    I just received an email from Bell stating that preorders for white z10 must be stopped immediately due to inventory constraint.

    To me, that means preorders are exceeding what they have in stock. That is awesome.
    Thanked by 16:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked
    annon91221 (02-03-2013),  BBNation (02-01-2013),  BlackB_G (02-03-2013),  Bobcat665 (02-02-2013),  Brianflys (02-02-2013),  Cesare21 (02-03-2013),  dentynefire (02-01-2013),  drummer_god (02-01-2013),  jakie55 (02-02-2013),  Jince (02-01-2013),  motor96 (02-02-2013),  mrzeolite (02-02-2013),  Omar Diamond (02-02-2013),  TomJasper (02-03-2013),  web99 (02-02-2013),  world traveler and former ceo (02-01-2013) 
  2. momantm's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    49 Posts
    #2  

    Default Potentially some very good news

    i concur, bell took down the z10 from the list of phone upgrade options. must be moving fast!
    Acumenight and fedakd like this.
  3. AVPTI's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,682 Posts
    PIN
    Available upon request.
    #3  

    Default

    I hope BlackBerry posts some launch numbers in the coming weeks.

    Will be interesting to see sales before/after the US has a chance to buy.
    XoXoXo
  4. Tinomane's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    793 Posts
    #4  

    Default

    Can someone call bell and see if they can pre-order a white one? If this is the case that is huge.
  5. Korepab's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    325 Posts
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

    Default

    Preorders for black z10 is to be stopped tmr as well.
  6. Tinomane's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    793 Posts
    #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Korepab View Post
    Preorders for black z10 is to be stopped tmr as well.
    Is this more of a supply issue or is it bc the demand has been crazy?
  7. cjcampbell's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    6,028 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,032 Global Posts
    #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tinomane View Post
    Is this more of a supply issue or is it bc the demand has been crazy?
    Probably both... supply fo the amount they decided to order, due to higher demand than they expected. I'm sure this is just due to Bell being precaucious on their initial order of units.
  8. cjcampbell's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    6,028 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,032 Global Posts
    #8  

    Default

    Yep... just was on their site and followed the pre-order process and only the black one is there. But it also does say pre-order from January 30th to February 2nd. I didn't look at the dates before today so can't say if this was always the case or if it has been adjusted.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
  9. Marc_Paradise's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    501 Posts
    PIN
    PMMe
    #9  

    Default

    I'm not clear why they'd stop preorders? Unless they're committing to fill all preorders at launch?
    Try BBSSH, an open source SSH and Telnet client for Blackberry devices.
  10. BBNation's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    944 Posts
    #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Korepab View Post
    I work in the telecommunications industry and seeing notices from Canadian carriers is part of my job.

    I just received an email from Bell stating that preorders for white z10 must be stopped immediately due to inventory constraint.

    To me, that means preorders are exceeding what they have in stock. That is awesome.
    I hope it's true and not because of RIM supplied less phones rather than demand high. Please investigate if you can and share with us..we love u..))
  11. BBNation's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    944 Posts
    #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Korepab View Post
    I work in the telecommunications industry and seeing notices from Canadian carriers is part of my job.

    I just received an email from Bell stating that preorders for white z10 must be stopped immediately due to inventory constraint.

    To me, that means preorders are exceeding what they have in stock. That is awesome.
    WOuld not they sending this to RIM..not to your company or agency you are working..Unless you are working for RIM..lol
  12. Thunderbuck's Avatar

    Posts
    6,559 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,562 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B6927F7
    #12  

    Default

    I've said it before re: iPhone and WP, so for the sake of consistency I'm obligated to point it out here, too:

    With Just-In-Time manufacturing and supply-chain, supply constraints are kind of artificial. I have a sneaky feeling that these are sometimes "gamed" to create the impression of overwhelming demand.
    “Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

    --Mark Twain
    Thanked by 2:
    bbquincar (02-03-2013),  Kandoo-BB (02-02-2013) 
  13. GTiLeo's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,282 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,283 Global Posts
    #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AVPTI View Post
    I hope BlackBerry posts some launch numbers in the coming weeks.

    Will be interesting to see sales before/after the US has a chance to buy.
    quarterly reports should be coming in march so i'm sure youll find out then for sure how many Z10s have been sold, either way we are off on a good foot
  14. Korepab's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    325 Posts
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

    Default

    Unfortunately, that is all I know. Take it as it is.
    Thanked by:
    chads920 (02-03-2013) 
  15. Thunderbuck's Avatar

    Posts
    6,559 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,562 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B6927F7
    #15  

    Default

    Chris U's blog post today alludes to reports of lineups in the UK and quick sell-outs. THIS is actually very encouraging, since it displays actual consumer behavior (as opposed to inventory levels, which manufacturers have some control over).
    “Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

    --Mark Twain
  16. Shanerredflag's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    18,669 Posts
    Global Posts
    18,675 Global Posts
    #16  

    Default

    I just walked over to my Bell store and asked...They now have a POS code so they can take your money on a deposit basis but not in full yet...I have been on their "store" pre-order list for a week now but paid deposit and am now "in the system".

    I'm confused (as they are too) as to how it's going to work Tuesday...They said they are likely opening early (8am) but not confirmed yet...I "might" get my phone but they won’t guarantee it?? I asked why..."well we have to distribute the phones by quota...i.e. so many to new customers, so many to existing clients...so many to paid in full sales (not on 3yr contract) etc.

    Sooo...I asked...are you going to have the phones here in store for Tuesday? "Yes, of course"...and I'm number 9 in your system?..."yes"...Are you getting more than nine phones?..."oh yes...way more". But you can't guarantee I'll get mine as a paid in full long time existing customer even though I'm number 9 on the list and have now (number two) pre-paid the deposit?..."No".

    Clear as mud.

    I'm so confused!!
    Thanked by:
    convenor (02-02-2013) 
    xiaohuaxing likes this.
  17. dusdal's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,171 Posts
    #17  

    Default

    my Z10 reservation is for Virgin Mobile through Future Shop. I was perusing Virgin Mobile's site to see if they had a buy outright price yet and it indicated that presales for the Z10 were no longer being accepted. Perhaps this is why..
  18. cjcampbell's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    6,028 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,032 Global Posts
    #18  

    Default

    Is Rogers the only one not closing presales? I wonder if it's because the saw the early demand and upped their initial order from BB.
  19. diego.roscetti's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    341 Posts
    Global Posts
    383 Global Posts
    #19  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shanerredflag View Post
    I just walked over to my Bell store and asked...They now have a POS code so they can take your money on a deposit basis but not in full yet...I have been on their "store" pre-order list for a week now but paid deposit and am now "in the system".

    I'm confused (as they are too) as to how it's going to work Tuesday...They said they are likely opening early (8am) but not confirmed yet...I "might" get my phone but they won’t guarantee it?? I asked why..."well we have to distribute the phones by quota...i.e. so many to new customers, so many to existing clients...so many to paid in full sales (not on 3yr contract) etc.

    Sooo...I asked...are you going to have the phones here in store for Tuesday? "Yes, of course"...and I'm number 9 in your system?..."yes"...Are you getting more than nine phones?..."oh yes...way more". But you can't guarantee I'll get mine as a paid in full long time existing customer even though I'm number 9 on the list and have now (number two) pre-paid the deposit?..."No".

    Clear as mud.

    I'm so confused!!
    Weird. I walked into a Bell store on Wednesday. Had no problems pre-ordering. Paid for the phone in full, which was $99.99 on a 3 year because I am a "loyal customer" to them.

    I was promised to get a phone on Tuesday.
    Hello, my name is Diego and I'm a BlackBerryAholic

    PHONE: Curve 8330->Storm 9500->Bold 9700->Torch 9800->Bold 9900->Z10

    TABLET: PlayBook 32gb
    FSeverino likes this.
  20. oilgeo10's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    490 Posts
    #20  

    Default

    Have you seen the bids for Z10's on ebay? Well over the $600 no contract price, white z10's (that I lean towards) are over $1000. I got a notice this week from Bell about upgrading my 9810 and might be waiting for a bit since I didn't pre-order.
  21. Double_J75's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,441 Posts
    #21  

    Default

    I went to a bell store in Kitchener on Thursday. She said they had 21 units as of that day. She also said 18 were already spoken for. I didn't buy one cuz I'm switching back to Rogers. There I've got two on pre order
  22. dentynefire's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,413 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,415 Global Posts
    #22  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbuck View Post
    I've said it before re: iPhone and WP, so for the sake of consistency I'm obligated to point it out here, too:

    With Just-In-Time manufacturing and supply-chain, supply constraints are kind of artificial. I have a sneaky feeling that these are sometimes "gamed" to create the impression of overwhelming demand.
    JIT is more of a utopian fantasy in practice. Reality is that supplier agreements result in pressure to sell and not to hold or accumulate excess inventory. The best way to determine demand is to look at the overtime hours at the plant. Your supply may be reliable but can management justify hiring additional workers? And that actually follows along the whole supply path sometimes even when there is automation involved.
    xiaohuaxing likes this.
  23. jordandrews90's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    425 Posts
    Global Posts
    432 Global Posts
    #23  

    Default

    Hopefully good news, but is it possible since it's going on sale tuesday, and they shipped out devices yesterday, that they just decided to close pre-ordering? Or in the past have you still been able to pre-order a device say, the day before it's in stores?

    It would just seem kinda pointless to pre-order it this coming monday...
  24. Marauder2's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    676 Posts
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    #24  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cjcampbell View Post
    Yep... just was on their site and followed the pre-order process and only the black one is there. But it also does say pre-order from January 30th to February 2nd. I didn't look at the dates before today so can't say if this was always the case or if it has been adjusted.
    Yeah that's been up since the 30th, I assume it's because if you pre-order between those dates, you are guaranteed the device for launch on Tuesday, otherwise it's first come first served.
  25. Shanerredflag's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    18,669 Posts
    Global Posts
    18,675 Global Posts
    #25  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by diego.roscetti View Post
    Weird. I walked into a Bell store on Wednesday. Had no problems pre-ordering. Paid for the phone in full, which was $99.99 on a 3 year because I am a "loyal customer" to them.

    I was promised to get a phone on Tuesday.


    Yeah...not sure what’s going on...I think the guy was new cuz he sure didn't know how to run their system to take my money...even the store manager came over to help and she confirmed only a deposit...nothing in full accepted...weird!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Some (Relatively) Good News Coming on July 10?
    By lawguyman in forum News & Rumors
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 06-30-2012, 11:38 PM
  2. just passing on some good news
    By mjneid in forum Android
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-12-2010, 05:00 PM
  3. Some Good News and Some Bad News Maybe..
    By Bettermost in forum BlackBerry Storm2
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-26-2009, 04:58 PM
  4. Some good news for Verizon users
    By djzachtyler in forum Storm OS Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-24-2009, 03:40 PM
  5. just spoke to vzw rep some good news
    By stormtrooper67 in forum BlackBerry Storm
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-02-2008, 04:43 PM

Posting Permissions