Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    PIN
    2157ae33
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default possibly the worst article ever written

Why people still use BlackBerrys - CNN.com

A few things this article brought to my attention: my 32GB sdhc is clearly not enough memory to possibly store music on. also my blackberry is incapable of running "apps"...does CNN even bother to review their writters' credentials?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    540 Global Posts

Wow that guy sounds like he has some key board issues. Other than the fact that he is obviously an iPhone fan boy none of his points are valid. When you are in a business and need to know when you have an important e-mail waiting for you isn't that red light a very important thing and not some meal bell ringing to salivate our pallets? (Pavlov's dogs reference). I just can't believe how naive this guy sounds with this article.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,051 Global Posts
    PIN
    3302D65A

Must be getting a kickback from Jobs. It's called drawing attention away from antennae gate! Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Genius

anybody can write a review..
    anyone who has a blog is referred to as a critic..
    i won't be surprised if i see links to Perez hilton's review of the Torch.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    540 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mark_rivers19 View Post
    lol so true. My girlfriend reads that guy and now that TMZ and such are getting into sports drama she tires to come with me with sports news that is a day or two old. I can't wait till she asks me if I've heard of BB 6 and the new Slider.
    CrackBerry Ph.D.

Global Posts
    5,991 Global Posts
    PIN
    BOSCO

Worst article ever written? It's CNN, you expected something else?
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    cer movement

I thought overall it was on the positive side. Seemed to me that the 'reviewer/journalist' use the negative comments to draw the reader into the article and to create more of a contrast with the positive stuff Kevin M and the others were quoted as saying.

There is no end of people on the internet who will pass their judgement on something when they are not qualified to do so though.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    337 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by remipmc View Post
    Why people still use BlackBerrys - CNN.com

A few things this article brought to my attention: my 32GB sdhc is clearly not enough memory to possibly store music on. also my blackberry is incapable of running "apps"...does CNN even bother to review their writters' credentials?
    No. Which is why their ratings keep falling.
    I think I'm gonna reroute my trip
    I wonder if anybody'd think I'd flipped
    If I went to L.A., via Omaha
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,505 Global Posts

That article was dumb. I like my BB because it suits my needs. If I want an android I'll get one for my own reasons. Not because some flake on CNN has nothing but dislike for the phone.

So "why do people still use blackberries?"
    Answer: cause they friggen want to!

O.G.

Global Posts
    12,347 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SmakBerry View Post
    So "why do people still use blackberries?"
    Answer: cause they friggen want to!
    That's right! You tell em!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,030 Global Posts
    PIN
    Temporarily sans BB

Quote Originally Posted by SmakBerry View Post
    That article was dumb. I like my BB because it suits my needs. If I want an android I'll get one for my own reasons. Not because some flake on CNN has nothing but dislike for the phone.
    Which if you read the whole article, is exactly what the article is saying.

Anybody who's been here a while and reads that article could probably swear it was a page taken directly from these very forums. It reads almost exactly like numerous threads here do...

...It leads off with the typical criticisms you see from disgruntled BB users, and finishes with a salvo of the exact same reasons BB users love and are loyal to their device.

I would think Berry addicts would sooner point to that article and say "Bingo!"
    Last edited by rmjones101; 08-05-2010 at 01:59 PM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    349 Global Posts

There is a bit of truth to the app part. There is a lack of flashy apps. It has apps for sure, but the iPhone does have a lot more flashy ones. Now, in the future, Blackberry might have Flash apps, which the iPhone won't, but that's a different story.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,065 Global Posts

How can he have talked to Kevin et al. and still write something stupid like "it wasn't designed for uploading pictures to Facebook and Twitter"? I u/l pics to both all of the time. Maybe it's technically correct in that this isn't the phone's actual purpose, but no phone was "designed" to upload pics to FB or Twitter.
    BB 950, BB 6280, BB 7290, BB 8800, BB 9000, BB 9800, BB 9810, Galaxy Note II, Galaxy Note 4
    PlayBook 64GB Google Nexus 10
    Galaxy Gear

BlackBerry user since 2001 . . . until 2013
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,803 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Exiled Bulldawg View Post
    No. Which is why their ratings keep falling.
    By this proxy Fox News has the most qualified staff on hand, which makes me laugh incredibly hard.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,803 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JasW View Post
    How can he have talked to Kevin et al. and still write something stupid like "it wasn't designed for uploading pictures to Facebook and Twitter"? I u/l pics to both all of the time. Maybe it's technically correct in that this isn't the phone's actual purpose, but no phone was "designed" to upload pics to FB or Twitter.
    You'd be surprised, my 9550 could do it a **** of a lot better than my Droid X can.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    CHED NERVE

Shock journalism. They talk all kinds of crap and sensational headlines just to draw the reader in .

I do like this quote though:
    ... a "mullet effect" in that it's "business in the front, party in the back."
    RIM is dead. Long live BlackBerry!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Storm View Post
    ... a "mullet effect" in that it's "business in the front, party in the back."
    The BlackBerry Mullet. Coming soon to a provider near you.

CrackBerry Abuser

Let 'em know how much they suck
    CNN.com - Contact Us

They need to learn to get things right. It's not that hard to do a bit of research.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default my take

who cares, about what anyone thinks anyway.
    313B8C51
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    814 Global Posts

Umm...are we reading the same article? Its not half as bad as you're all making it out to be. In fact, he doesn't say anything that we haven't heard here before.

And by the way, if I want to get the facts I turn on CNN; if I want to listen to some BS, I'll switch to FOX and watch that pretend journalist they call Ann Coulter! LOL
    CrackBerry Newbie

For him to write a whole article or whatever he called that about bb without mentioning bbm, is unbelievable. That's the only reason i keep by blackberry, not no stupid keyboard or flashing light. I will swith today, if the android had bbm.
    313B8C51
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    22F8E23A

I can tell this article was written by a total iPhone fanboy, For starters HTC Phones are also usually built for business hence why they have the BB Style multi-colour LED Notification at the top of the phone notifying you of messages, The main difference is that it usually doesn't notify you of a low battery or bluetooth connection also.

Blackberry's are also more than capable of running applications, Uh, HELLO CNN, Ever heard of BLACKBERRY APP WORLD? Y'know, That huge APP developed by RIM that kinda lets people download those things uh... what are they called now.. uhh- Apps! that's it, Apps.

Whenever i see someone with an iPhone, They're ALWAYS playing a game, Never calling, never texting, never emailing, never on the net, ALWAYS playing a game. Once i was lucky enough for someone to show me a picture of their niece on their iPhone but that was a one off freak occurance before he went back to tap-tap...

I'm very glad that the Blackberry has hit the consumer market, And that it's managed to shift itself a pretty damned big userbase, The only problem is 9/10 people that own a Blackberry own it purely for updating Facebook statuses or BBM'ing people... The very vast majority (at least in this country i don't know about anywhere else) of BB Owners now don't realise what their phone can actually do, they don't even know that it's internet connection is always on...

Urk, The stuff some sites get away with...

CrackBerry Abuser

Default Critics and Experts

Quote Originally Posted by mark_rivers19 View Post
    anybody can write a review..
    anyone who has a blog is referred to as a critic..
    Exactly, and on CNN and on all the other networks and blogs, anybody with an opinion is referred to as an "expert".

Ha!
    CrackBerry Abuser

>>>>"See someone typing away furiously on a Blackberry? They're probably sending a top-secret e-mail," she writes. "See someone intently focused on an iPhone? They're probably playing with the Bubblewrap or Lightsaber Unleashed apps. Regardless of what a Blackberry user is really doing, the phone itself just seems so much more straight-laced and serious than the iPhone"<<<<

...and thats the way we like it!