Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By koolrosh
  • 1 Post By Thunderbuck
  • 1 Post By Marc_Paradise
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Positive BGR article - Could Blackberry be back?

Can't believe I am linking to a BGR article that is positive for RIM.

After hitting a rough patch that seemed to last for most of 2012, Research In Motion (RIMM) may finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. RIM plans to unveil the finished version of its next-generation BlackBerry 10 platform at a press conference on January 30th, and at least one new smartphone is expected to be revealed during the event. Generating interest in BlackBerry 10 within the crowded global smartphone market will be no easy task for the struggling vendor, but if demand at top Canadian Rogers is any indication, RIM is off to a promising start.

Continue ....
    BlackBerry 10 demand strong at Rogers, carrier confirms | BGR
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    PIN

And CrackBerry Kevin commented!...
    yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    208 Global Posts

I'm so glad adblock plus on my browser filters out the facebook comments on the bottom
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    651 Global Posts

From Kevin:
    Yeah, just to follow up, I heard from contacts at Rogers that they actually sold more preorders than was their initial handset order from BlackBerry, so they've had to already up their order volume (and hopefully that second order will come through fast enough to meet preorder demand).
    If that's the case, I hope that Telus gets the pre-orders happening soon. I'm glad they took the step towards emailing notifications, but I want to pre-order dag nabbit! I don't want to be left without a device at launch because they're sold out.
    Storm 1 > Bold 9900 > Blackberry Z10!

Playbook 16gb > 64gb;

Google Nexus 10
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    713 Global Posts

Default Positive BGR article - Could Blackberry be back?

The tides are changing... RIM is starting to change the harshest critics minds..
    Starcraft 2 TV - Watch Professional SC2 games on Demand: http://bit.ly/18Pxrqj
    Join our channel: C001242DE
    JR A likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,765 Global Posts

BGR made a small error, he put One Smartphone is expected to be revealed...it's Two. Someone correct him on his site.
    I wait for the future...to COME back to BlackBerry!
    CrackBerry User

only time will tell.

Global Posts
    6,218 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B6927F7

Gratifying as this news is, we can't get ahead of ourselves. I firmly believe these phones stand to do very well in the market, but we won't know for sure until people are actually able to BUY them.
    scalemaster34 likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by kingb71 View Post
    I'm so glad adblock plus on my browser filters out the facebook comments on the bottom
    sometimes the comments are the best part lol
    Z10 - Playbook 32GB
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    PMMe

BGR remains nothing but a rumor, analyst, and PR reposting site filled with and maintained by trolls. Just because they happen to post something we agree with this time doesn't really justify giving them eyeballs.
    Try BBSSH, an open source SSH and Telnet client for Blackberry devices.
    peter9477 likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by kingb71 View Post
    Why, that is the only reason to read BGR. But it looks like the one user Jeneka Carter just got banned for making fun of Kevin's post, which is sad cause her and the hockeycoach guy were the only reason to read BGR posts.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Foreverup View Post
    Why, that is the only reason to read BGR. But it looks like the one user Jeneka Carter just got banned for making fun of Kevin's post, which is sad cause her and the hockeycoach guy were the only reason to read BGR posts.
    Haha, so true. It was fun watching them try to claw each other's eyes out.
    Blatant placeholder signature.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,355 Global Posts

“While we can’t release the total number of reservations we have received for the BlackBerry 10 all-touch device, we can say that customer interest is definitely strong and reservations continue daily,” a Rogers spokesperson told BGR via email."

Never ceases to amaze me what do you expect them to say? OMG we can't give these things away!!!

Why "can't release numbers" if demand is strong why not tell people you better get to a store and sign up 'cause we already sold 250,000 of these and that's the first 6 months of supply!!! You only can't release the numbers when to do so won't do you any good.

Ever see the movie "Bull Durham" where Nuke teaches the kid how to give an interview - that's what this is. I was gonna post it here but there is some foul language in it and this is a family site.

And this is important. I am not trashing anything BlackBerry with this - I am just saying this is what they train the "Rogers spokesman" to say, no matter how many they have actually sold. Or any 'spokesman". Selling anything.

Kevin says that it's his information that they sold out of the initial order. That's the news that's gonna get people to believe this thing is hot and they better get their name on the list if they are even thinking about it. That's the information the "Rogers spokesman" should have released. I would love to see Kevin quoted all over the press saying just this. Not the BS above from BS Genius