• 1 Post By Superfly_FR
  • 1 Post By dentynefire
  • 1 Post By aragone79

Global Posts
    9,326 Global Posts
    PIN
    Hey, what did you expect ?
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Please welcome our winner to US gov agencies ... and enjoy your $500 feature phone ;)

Ever used an Iphone without iTunes ? Enjoy.
    Not One Microsoft Product on Kaspersky's Top 10 Vulnerabilities List
    Join my BBM Channel : C00035FA6
    "I speak English like a Spanish Cow"
    I'm a StockBerrian, proudly holding 50 150 250 400 550 1000 BlackBerry shares
    CrackBerry Addict

Default Please welcome our winner to US gov agencies ... and enjoy your $500 feature phone ;)

I hate itunes. It is so bloated now you would think Adobe was in charge.

I just don't understand why Apple can't make a phone that looks like a freakin' USB drive. The rest of the world can.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by gariac View Post
    I hate itunes. It is so bloated now you would think Adobe was in charge.

I just don't understand why Apple can't make a phone that looks like a freakin' USB drive. The rest of the world can.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    i don't think "can't" is the word your looking for try "won't"

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Default Re: Please welcome our winner to US gov agencies ... and enjoy your $500 feature phone ;)

Superfly, is that the link you wanted to post? Its about Microsoft - a nice read anyway.

I agree that a locked down phone is basically a feature phone but at least there are no battery pulls with iPhone/Android. I think RIM is gonna kill it with the new phones personally. Might take a while because mobile contracts are usually 2-3 years but they have to start somewhere, right!

Global Posts
    9,326 Global Posts
    PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Default Re: Please welcome our winner to US gov agencies ... and enjoy your $500 feature phone ;)

Quote Originally Posted by dentynefire View Post
    Superfly, is that the link you wanted to post? Its about Microsoft - a nice read anyway.

I agree that a locked down phone is basically a feature phone but at least there are no battery pulls with iPhone/Android. I think RIM is gonna kill it with the new phones personally. Might take a while because mobile contracts are usually 2-3 years but they have to start somewhere, right!
    Yep, was the link. Shows iTunes as a critical threat. So I believe it will be at least very limited in action (not to say forbidden). New "2 devices" erra : iphones for emailing and calls and ... BB for apps and multimedia loool.

And occasionally, some advertisement for "our fair competitor of choice" doesn't hurt

Global Posts
    23,371 Global Posts
    PIN
    24DA0A39

correct me if im wrong but i think itunes is no longer needed for iOS devices
    ~Matt
    Nexus 5, Z10 LE, White Lumia 521, 32GB Nook HD+ & 16GB PB...
    @howarmat
    Between Realities

Global Posts
    11,669 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by howarmat View Post
    That's what I thought. I would like clarification too.
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by trelawrence View Post
    That's what I thought. I would like clarification too.
    It's not needed for device usage, but management may be a different story.
    CrackBerry Genius

You look at that list and you seen quite a few very successful companies....

How many BlackBerry phones on US gov agencies aren't almost completely LOCKED DOWN? Most people I know with a gov issued phone, carries two phones - one is their work BB for email only, the other is usually an Android or maybe an iPhone for personal email, internet access, social media and probably fun stuff they don't want the boss to know about.

Fusion could change that IF employers wanted to allow employees to have fun, and if employees don't mind the boss being able to check on them. But I think the trend is going to stay the same. Gov Agencies are going to issue LOCKED DOWN smartphones and employes will also carry their own personal devices (where allowed) - the question is will RIM have the ecosystem that attracts consumers.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,120 Global Posts

I use my iPad daily, but I haven't connected to a desktop or laptop in a whole year. Last year, something screwy happened with the USB ports on my computer and I found that I could no longer reliably connect the iPad to it. Turns out I don't need to anymore, even though I transfer PDFs and other media all the time. Don't even need it for OS upgrades.
    richardat likes this.

Global Posts
    9,326 Global Posts
    PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

Quote Originally Posted by howarmat View Post
    *ahum* looks like I need some serious refresh on iOs.
    on the other hand, provided iCloud is not something that could be enabled in a safe environment ...
    .... well, yes, I really need a serious refresh on how-to's !
    Tre Lawrence likes this.

Global Posts
    23,371 Global Posts
    PIN
    24DA0A39

also no surprise to see all those flash vulnerabilities. Flash has been horrible with security and RIM has to keep upto date with fixes for that.
    ~Matt
    Nexus 5, Z10 LE, White Lumia 521, 32GB Nook HD+ & 16GB PB...
    @howarmat
    Between Realities

Global Posts
    11,669 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Superfly_FR View Post
    on the other hand, provided iCloud is not something that could be enabled in a safe environment ...
    Wait... someone who admits that they could be wrong?

Sorry, Superfly... that attitude is becoming a lost art on the internets... kudos for real...
    Thanked by:
    Superfly_FR (11-05-2012) 

Global Posts
    9,326 Global Posts
    PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

Quote Originally Posted by scalemaster34 View Post
    How many BlackBerry phones on US gov agencies aren't almost completely LOCKED DOWN?
    This is why most of them *think* using ip or droids will change the game. I believe it's not ... at all.

Fusion could change that IF employers wanted to allow employees to have fun, and if employees don't mind the boss being able to check on them. But I think the trend is going to stay the same. Gov Agencies are going to issue LOCKED DOWN smartphones and employes will also carry their own personal devices (where allowed) - the question is will RIM have the ecosystem that attracts consumers.
    Fusion is a real and efficient answer. And no, boss won't be able to check on them: private is private, business is work. The two environments are waterproof.
    Gov Agencies can't forbid their users to carry a second device anyway (except several high security areas), so that the "have fun" permission is not required anyway

Global Posts
    9,326 Global Posts
    PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #15  

Quote Originally Posted by trelawrence View Post
    Wait... someone who admits that they could be wrong?
    Asked René R. "ŕ la rescousse" to clarify this
    CrackBerry Genius

99% sure technically you do not need itunes. Back ups can be done in the icloud and music and apps can be managed through app store. But any iphone connected to a computer needs itunes to back up and restore software. I have never used an iphone in a corporate environment so i don't know how a 3rd party management software or redirecting back ups to a company server instead of icloud works.

How many BlackBerry phones on US gov agencies aren't almost completely LOCKED DOWN? Most people I know with a gov issued phone, carries two phones - one is their work BB for email only, the other is usually an Android or maybe an iPhone for personal email, internet access, social media and probably fun stuff they don't want the boss to know about.

I always carry two phones.

My government issued device is on BES so it is subject to monitoring. Additionally, when I'm in vacation, I leave it on mute in my bag. I carry it, but I only monitor traffic.

It is absolutely locked down.

My personal devices is where all the personal stuff happens.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons; dragonslayers are crunchy, and good with ketchup
    CrackBerry Genius

This is why most of them *think* using ip or droids will change the game. I believe it's not ... at all.

Fusion is a real and efficient answer. And no, boss won't be able to check on them: private is private, business is work. The two environments are waterproof.
    Gov Agencies can't forbid their users to carry a second device anyway (except several high security areas), so that the "have fun" permission is not required anyway
    Not sure how that might work if it is a company issued device - if it is their equipment then private doesn't really apply, it will be interesting to see who really can control the device.
    I think that most people with employer issued phones are going to continue to carry their own device. So just not sure that in the real world Fusion is going to make much of a difference for employer issued devices.
    CrackBerry Master

Not sure how that might work if it is a company issued device - if it is their equipment then private doesn't really apply, it will be interesting to see who really can control the device.
    I think that most people with employer issued phones are going to continue to carry their own device. So just not sure that in the real world Fusion is going to make much of a difference for employer issued devices.
    I thought it works like: Balance enables the separate partition and BES 10 configures the device. If no Balance partition then BES 10 would configure the device as is when registered.

To each their own with regards to which device but with BB10 devices RIM is on a much improved playing field.
    Superfly_FR likes this.

Global Posts
    9,326 Global Posts
    PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #20  

Quote Originally Posted by dentynefire View Post
    I thought it works like: Balance enables the separate partition and BES 10 configures the device. If no Balance partition then BES 10 would configure the device as is when registered. To each their own with regards to which device but with BB10 devices RIM is on a much improved playing field.
    Think of it as two virtual machines (this is not) with their own encryption keys. Companies will have no power on the personal data/apps environment. But, of course, they can stop the carrier subscription and/or wipe the work environment. The "waterproofing" is strong enough to prevent (device side) copy/paste/screen capture or email transfer (can't use anything but work address book to send a work mail) from one environment to the other.
    That's huge. That's one of the major advantage of BES10+BB10, notably in secured environments.
    CrackBerry Addict

Prefer BES 10 and BB10, and we can use Blackberry Balance. So we just need one smartphone for our daily activity. Smart isn't it?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9020 using Tapatalk
    sent from anywhere
    @isatbb@isatbbplg
    #mybb10
    #BB10Believe
    Blog: bb10believe.blogspot.com

HONK! IF YOU WANT BLACKBERRY 10

9380, Black and White Z10, LG Nexus 4, Nokia Lumia 520
    Superfly_FR likes this.