Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree76Likes
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenHD View Post
    I'm actually getting less excited for the BB10 "London" phone. I played with a LG Optimus G phone at a store yesterday.

Here is why:

1) I'm tired of waiting. I'm ready for a new phone *now*
    2) I'm not sure there is really a compelling enough reason for me to wait. The BB10 gui is nice, I like the interface, swiping from the screen, but I'm not sure it's enough.
    3) I want a high end phone, not a mid-range phone. There are already quad core, 4.7" phones on the market that have 2GB of ram also.
    4) I'm not sure "active frames" are enough. RIM is not really innovating enough. They *should* be interactive like Android widgets. If they aren't, RIM is behind

So I am not sure what to do.
    I don't like to use Widgets on my Nexus. Those make memory and battery draining so fast. If you like a high end spec smartphone, than you should go with android one. If yes, better for you to pick up Nexus 4 for getting fully support from Google. But, if you want to play a real contender for others smartphone and you are eager to wait, then line up to get London for next Feb or maybe on 30 Jan 2013.
    sent from anywhere
    @isatbb@isatbbplg
    #mybb10
    #BB10Believe
    Blog: bb10believe.blogspot.com

HONK! IF YOU WANT BLACKBERRY 10

9380, Black and White Z10, LG Nexus 4, Nokia Lumia 520
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by henryg23 View Post
    I don't really think that is a final version of the L-Series. Because, really, why in the name of all that is logic, Thor would make that move and show in the wild the final version of the phone, more than two months ahead of launch, risking the secret and the momentum? Really?
    75% it's London EU at Thorn's hand. Rev B for other Blackberry 10. Try to zoom and recoqnize those from others pictures within this forum.
    sent from anywhere
    @isatbb@isatbbplg
    #mybb10
    #BB10Believe
    Blog: bb10believe.blogspot.com

HONK! IF YOU WANT BLACKBERRY 10

9380, Black and White Z10, LG Nexus 4, Nokia Lumia 520
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,860 Global Posts
    PIN
    excepting applications

Default BlackBerry 10 & its First NBA Night with RIM CEO. Final Devices Grabs some Action!

No way is that a look at the new BlackBerry10 devices. Hiens will unveil Jan 30 2013 and not a day sooner. With that being said those dev alphas are still sweet looking imo. Maybe they were using the camera to catch a perfect picture I like everyone else can't freaking wait to get BlackBerry10 in my hands
    I waited...It launched...Im still waiting...
    peter9477 and kdna like this.
    CrackBerry Master

Which version of BB10 phone is Andrew Bocking using?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [PICS] Spotted: BlackBerry 10 & its First NBA Night with RIM CEO. Final Devices Grabs some Action!-bb10.jpg  
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    2B1BC93C

An older one because he doesn't have the new icons in there.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,780 Global Posts

I'm actually getting less excited for the BB10 "London" phone. I played with a LG Optimus G phone at a store yesterday.

Here is why:

2) I'm not sure there is really a compelling enough reason for me to wait. The BB10 gui is nice, I like the interface, swiping from the screen, but I'm not sure it's enough.
    3) I want a high end phone, not a mid-range phone. There are already quad core, 4.7" phones on the market that have 2GB of ram also.
    4) I'm not sure "active frames" are enough. RIM is not really innovating enough. They *should* be interactive like Android widgets. If they aren't, RIM is behind

3- High end BB10 phone will be coming out later in the end so you could get a new phone if you just Have to have one now, while waiting for the high range BB10 phone if you don't like what thor says for the January 30th launch of the L series and N series.
    I wait for the future...to COME back to BlackBerry!
    CrackBerry Addict

That holster looks designed for that phone with the BB logo. Would they actually go through with the hassle of designing a holster for a dev alpha device?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,868 Global Posts

I was trying to see if there are any new apps, though I couldn't really make anything out that was new.

[PICS] Spotted: BlackBerry 10 & its First NBA Night with RIM CEO. Final Devices Grabs some Action!-bb.jpg
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,283 Global Posts

Here is why:

i don't see how a dual core is a mid teir phone just because there are quadcores out, the iphon is a top level smartphoen and its clock speed is as fast as my 9900 only with another core and a gig of RAM.hardware isn't everything pal and Android still has a rather slowish experiense
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,935 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GTiLeo View Post
    i don't see how a dual core is a mid teir phone just because there are quadcores out, the iphon is a top level smartphoen and its clock speed is as fast as my 9900 only with another core and a gig of RAM.hardware isn't everything pal and Android still has a rather slowish experiense
    While I agree that the number of cores does not determine the hardware tier of a phone, the A6 processor in the i5 is well beyond the processor in the 9900. It's not just an extra core and extra RAM. Remember, a modern 2ghz intel CPU would destroy a 3+ ghz CPU from a few years ago. Same goes for ARM CPUs.

As for the OP, that's quite the publicity pose from Thor & co. there. Doesn't look like a finished product, more likely an Alpha device. Still seems to have garnered some attention though.
    BB_Bmore likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,283 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mikeo007 View Post
    While I agree that the number of cores does not determine the hardware tier of a phone, the A6 processor in the i5 is well beyond the processor in the 9900. It's not just an extra core and extra RAM. Remember, a modern 2ghz intel CPU would destroy a 3+ ghz CPU from a few years ago. Same goes for ARM CPUs.

As for the OP, that's quite the publicity pose from Thor & co. there. Doesn't look like a finished product, more likely an Alpha device. Still seems to have garnered some attention though.
    totally agree but a statement of comparing numbers, and that large numbers don't always make for larger performance

Here is why:

It doesn't matter what high-end phone is out now, or whatever your definition of a high-end phone is, because there is always something higher-end in development. But if that's what you must have...
    Ed

Ursus moderatus levisomnus.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Here is why:

If you're looking for a high-end Android phone, you should buy it immediately, cuz in 3 to 6 months the improved version will be here, moving this down a tier...
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security." -Benjamin Franklin
    CrackBerry User

If somebody wants to waste a few hundred dollars the full-res picture can be purchased from getty

Thorsten Heins CEO Of Research In Motion Takes A Picture
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,091 Global Posts

I see .....Dr. Patrick Soon-Shiong > national health information network > Vodafone > RIM

Thor recently made mention in an interview in regards to BB10 / QNX / NFC in a hospital/medical scenario, interesting indeed. Could RIM be involved in Dr. Patrick Soon-Shiong's ambitious plan, time will tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo Zilla View Post
    http://www.bbin.in/en/wp-content/upl...hO6ZJxHxhx.jpg

This is by far the more interesting picture. That's Dr. Patrick Soon-Shiong with Heins. Dr. Soon-Shiong is a professor at UCLA and he's a guy very interested in the future of tech, especially stuff like very low power semiconductors and oddly, augmented intelligence. He also has enough cash to buy RIM, and have some left over.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, Dr. Soon-Shiong also owns a piece of the Lakers, which he bought from Magic Johnson.
    BB_Bmore likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    647 Global Posts
    PIN

These are the phones they showed off to the media. They aren't a dev alpha and they aren't the L-Series london. They are simply personal phones for staff and used to show the media that BlackBerry 10 is well on its way. The final phones will be more polished of course:

As for Dr. Patrick Soon-Shiong, he's probably a shareholder of RIM these days

"Soon-Shiong on Wednesday outlined his testbed for a new model of medical care: a system that lashes together genomic processing, supercomputing, high-speed data networks and the same mobile devices that people use to make dinner reservations. All of this technology will put the best information available in the hands of doctors instantly, he said at a Washington, D.C., conference put on by the Bipartisan Policy Center and a nonprofit called Doctors Helping Doctors."

The future is #RIM
    BlackBerry 10 is not late. It's early. @JMZNVS @BBRYFLOW
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,860 Global Posts
    PIN
    excepting applications

Am I the only one that thinks BlackBerry10 is already on Thor's PlayBook?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dapper37 View Post
    Not to mention Thor is carrying his playbook in that picture.
    I waited...It launched...Im still waiting...
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #43  

These are not final production BB10 devices. I think they are internal prototypes similar to Dev Alphas. As another Team BlackBerry member pointed out in this forum, BlackBerry 10 hardware will be unveiled on Jan 30 2013.
    Creator/Architect of WireLink : Multiple Numbers from One BlackBerry | Privacy and Communications Identity Management http://wirelink.co
    Coming Soon: Pixel Censor (Redact, Censor Images)
    CrackBerry User

Of even further interest, in the background of this photo notice the subtle yet smug smile on Andrew Bocking's face. Think he knows something we don't?

Andrew is RIM's Senior Vice President of Software Product Management.

http://www.bbin.in/en/wp-content/upl...hO6ZJxHxhx.jpg

This is by far the more interesting picture. That's Dr. Patrick Soon-Shiong with Heins. Dr. Soon-Shiong is a professor at UCLA and he's a guy very interested in the future of tech, especially stuff like very low power semiconductors and oddly, augmented intelligence. He also has enough cash to buy RIM, and have some left over.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, Dr. Soon-Shiong also owns a piece of the Lakers, which he bought from Magic Johnson.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12