Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree76Likes
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Post [PICS] Spotted: BlackBerry 10 & its First NBA Night with RIM CEO. Final Devices Grabs some Action!

Is this the first glimpse at the BlackBerry 10 devices? RIM CEO Thorsten Heins & BlackBerry 10.

[PICS] Spotted: BlackBerry 10 & its First NBA Night with RIM CEO. Final Devices Grabs some Action!-thorsten-heins-andrew-bocking-phoenix-suns-lo9jvhbno8yx.jpg

News broken by the amazing BBIN.

[PICS] Spotted: BlackBerry 10 & its First NBA Night with RIM CEO. Final Devices Grabs some Action! | BBin - India 's Best BlackBerry Community

https://twitter.com/BB_in/status/270024803967201280

Chime in. Thoughts? Are you excited?
    Purchase these awesome apps for Z10 (BB10-device): Utilities: Mobile Network | Developer ModeBluetooth | Mobile Hotspot | NFC | Learn Essential Japanese Verbs | Ultimate Powerball
    FREE BlackBoard Lite (Free!) Coming SOON!: Mega Millions 10
    Thanked by 7:
    aragone79 (11-18-2012),  Ben1232 (11-18-2012),  Cesare21 (11-18-2012),  DuexNoir (11-18-2012),  peter9477 (11-18-2012),  Superfly_FR (11-18-2012) 
    ewakil12, tryfe, sf49ers and 12 others like this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    992 Global Posts

I'm sick of waiting. Wish i had a dev alpha to play with. Wake me up on jan 30
    CrackBerry Genius

This is awesome for 3 reasons:
    1. Mr. Heins is an NBA fan!
    2. How awesome is it to see the CEO of the company courtside at a Lakers home game? That's (as another poster said) free marketing right there! The sheer number of celebrities and media outlets at that game may have notice him using the new phone (though, may not have recognized him or realized what device he's using)
    3. This is a clear example of top RIM brass eating their own dogfood, and in the wild too!

Jan. 30th can't come soon enough!
    "The blacker the berry the sweeter the use..." -- 93Aero
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,493 Global Posts

Nice taste in phones, and basketball teams (Lakers fan here.)
    Models and Supported Frequencies: Z10, Q10, Q5, Z30

Want to find out which radio band your BB10 phone is currently on? UMTS, LTE (careful with escreens!)
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    2B5A11B6

Default [PICS] Spotted: BlackBerry 10 & its First NBA Night with RIM CEO. Final Devices Grabs some Action!

thats marketing at its best...
    they know that their picture will be taken, so why not use the best moment to show off for free publicity.
    good job.

Sent from my unsliding BB slider
    _______________jf

Wielding a BlackBerry STA100-2.

BBM#8
    for Random Quotes on motivations, health and wealth..

: subscribe to C001190A9
    CrackBerry Genius

CLEAN!!!!! its very playbook essk
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    999 Global Posts

His seat looks uncomfortable and the phone looks like a Dev Alpha device.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by lengend View Post
    His seat looks uncomfortable and the phone looks like a Dev Alpha device.
    look at the picture where Andrew is putting it back in the holster its flat and has the plastic above there screen, it looks very much like the leaked pics of the london to me, but you may be right it could very well be a dev alpha
    CrackBerry Addict

Default [PICS] Spotted: BlackBerry 10 & its First NBA Night with RIM CEO. Final Devices Grabs some Action!

Hey, I'm more impressed when you see Erik Schmidt using a Blackberry!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,567 Global Posts

This is by far the more interesting picture. That's Dr. Patrick Soon-Shiong with Heins. Dr. Soon-Shiong is a professor at UCLA and he's a guy very interested in the future of tech, especially stuff like very low power semiconductors and oddly, augmented intelligence. He also has enough cash to buy RIM, and have some left over.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, Dr. Soon-Shiong also owns a piece of the Lakers, which he bought from Magic Johnson.
    Last edited by Roo Zilla; 11-18-2012 at 05:12 AM.
    Thanked by 4:
    Knightcrawler (11-18-2012),  TomJasper (11-19-2012),  zyben (11-18-2012) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,349 Global Posts
    PIN
    @getdjmac

Quote Originally Posted by Roo Zilla View Post
    http://www.bbin.in/en/wp-content/upl...hO6ZJxHxhx.jpg

This is by far the more interesting picture. That's Dr. Patrick Soon-Shiong with Heins. Dr. Soon-Shiong is a professor at UCLA and he's a guy very interested in the future of tech, especially stuff like very low power semiconductors and oddly, augmented intelligence. He also has enough cash to buy RIM, and have some left over.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, Dr. Soon-Shiong also owns a piece of the Lakers, which he bought from Magic Johnson.
    Not to mention Thor is carrying his playbook in that picture.
    Thanked by 2:
    PowderJockey (11-18-2012) 
    sleepngbear and BB_Bmore like this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,756 Global Posts

The phone looks like a Dev Alpha B.
    Also, looks like Thor is finally enjoying himself after long hard work.
    Have I really been here for three years?
    Banned

Global Posts
    527 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snipperdo17 View Post
    I'm sick of waiting. Wish i had a dev alpha to play with. Wake me up on jan 30
    I LOVE IT the wait is killing everybody
    CrackBerry Abuser

Brillant marketing, that is completely free and continues to excite the BB faithful......

Speaking of faithful there are some, a few of the same juvenile internet thugs, who try to intimidate and attack fans of BB at every turn, now those individuals are not even trying to be logical and fair, instead they are attacking people's personal OPINION.......Trolling.
    "Every tradition constructed by human beings is subject to ossified arrogance, blinding pomposity and outright bigotry. That is true not just for Judaism, not just for Christianity, not just for Islam, it is true for secular traditions as well."

Dr. Cornel West
    Thanked by:
    00stryder (11-18-2012) 
    zyben likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

They probably think he is a former college basketball player.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I'm actually getting less excited for the BB10 "London" phone. I played with a LG Optimus G phone at a store yesterday.

Here is why:

1) I'm tired of waiting. I'm ready for a new phone *now*
    2) I'm not sure there is really a compelling enough reason for me to wait. The BB10 gui is nice, I like the interface, swiping from the screen, but I'm not sure it's enough.
    3) I want a high end phone, not a mid-range phone. There are already quad core, 4.7" phones on the market that have 2GB of ram also.
    4) I'm not sure "active frames" are enough. RIM is not really innovating enough. They *should* be interactive like Android widgets. If they aren't, RIM is behind

So I am not sure what to do.
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenHD View Post
    I'm actually getting less excited for the BB10 "London" phone. I played with a LG Optimus G phone at a store yesterday.

Here is why:

2) I'm not sure there is really a compelling enough reason for me to wait. The BB10 gui is nice, I like the interface, swiping from the screen, but I'm not sure it's enough.
    3) I want a high end phone, not a mid-range phone. There are already quad core, 4.7" phones on the market that have 2GB of ram also.
    4) I'm not sure "active frames" are enough. RIM is not really innovating enough. They *should* be interactive like Android widgets. If they aren't, RIM is behind

Nobody likes waiting that's a fact another fact is no one is making you wait. I think RIM has been doing great and just because the first version of BB10 might not have interactive widgets doesn't mean they aren't innovating. Having not used the London the only down side is the amount of RAM, it should be 2 GB but the dual core seems plenty powerful not saying I'd turn down a quad core just that I don't NEED it.
    Knightcrawler likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

The PlayBook jn his hands is probably running bb10.... Drool
    00stryder and r0v3rT3N like this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,739 Global Posts

Here is why:

Do what I did. I bought a Lumia 900 to quench my gadget fetish till BB10 launches. Good decision. I got to know a new OS. I like the Lumia but I also got to see where Windows Phone is weak and it hasn't dampened my enthusiasm for BB10. The more I see of it and the more I learn about the WP platform, the more I'm appreciating what RIM is trying to do with their OS design philosophy.
    Through the Years :2001 Ericsson T29s> Sony Z5> Sony Z7> SE Z600>Moto A760> RAZR V3>Razr V3i>BB 8800>BB 9500 >BB 9800>Bold 9900..RIM Returns with a bang

Life was much simpler when Apple and Blackberry were just fruits
    00stryder likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    992 Global Posts

Here is why:

Android needs specs like that because the os is a resource hog and in my experiences with the galaxy s3, it is still too slow for my liking. iOS doesn't need those specs and it seems like bb10 is doing just fine without those specs also. Your choice though. I try android every year and never am able to stick with it for over a few weeks.

Global Posts
    5,218 Global Posts

I don't think that's a Dev Alpha B. Although it's clearly not an A (because of the position of the media control buttons), when I look at all three pictures visible here [PICS] Spotted: BlackBerry 10 & its First NBA Night with RIM CEO. Final Devices Grabs some Action! | BBin - India 's Best BlackBerry Community it really looks like it has more-rounded corners than the B has.

Also anyone look at the phone the guy next to him has? Seems like it may be the same one, but definitely has rounded corners, yet with the media controls nearer one end instead of centered as with the Dev Alpha A. Also he's got a cool holster for it. :-) At first I thought it seemed slimmer, but I think it's maybe just the angle he's holding it in the pictures. Clearly not the QWERTY model anyway.

Of course, even if it's not the Dev Alpha, it doesn't mean it's one of the "real" phones. Why can't they have additional internal test devices which these guys can carry around and use?
    Battery Guru for BB10 tracks voltage, power, battery health. (Also on the PlayBook.) White Noise helps you sleep or concentrate.
    Follow us on Twitter or Facebook or visit Engenuity's mobile apps page.

PIN
    32FE97BA

My thoughts are.. wow T. Heins is like what 6' 6"? That's a low bench to be sitting on for a whole game.

Other than that I think it is cool to see a CEO out and about like this. Who is that next to him? (forgive my ignorance, lol).
    sleepngbear likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

I don't really think that is a final version of the L-Series. Because, really, why in the name of all that is logic, Thor would make that move and show in the wild the final version of the phone, more than two months ahead of launch, risking the secret and the momentum? Really?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,979 Global Posts

I'm psyched. I think its cool he is using it in a high profile situation. I agree with the low bench thing. My knees hurt just looking at that pic.
    southlander likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by kdna View Post
    Is this the first glimpse at the BlackBerry 10 devices? RIM CEO Thorsten Heins & BlackBerry 10.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Thorsten+Heins+Andrew+Bocking+Phoenix+Suns+lo9jvhbNO8yx.jpg 
Views:	286 
Size:	59.6 KB 
ID:	125789

News broken by the amazing BBIN.

[PICS] Spotted: BlackBerry 10 & its First NBA Night with RIM CEO. Final Devices Grabs some Action! | BBin - India 's Best BlackBerry Community

https://twitter.com/BB_in/status/270024803967201280

Chime in. Thoughts? Are you excited?
    This is great for giving world a peek of blackberry 10 especially for London which hold by Thorn. It might be coincidence, but I doubt it. Anyway, this is good for Blackberry 10 marketing campaign afterall.
    sent from anywhere
    @isatbb@isatbbplg
    #mybb10
    #BB10Believe
    Blog: bb10believe.blogspot.com

HONK! IF YOU WANT BLACKBERRY 10

9380, Black and White Z10, LG Nexus 4, Nokia Lumia 520
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast