Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes
    CrackBerry Genius

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default PC World - RIM's BBX is just a Pipe Dream

The Z10 will be my last BB phone; switching platforms.
    CrackBerry Master

well something is wrong I'm kinda using BBX on the PB right now and its kinda nice

PCmag "PCWorld.com is down for maintenance and will be back soon." click the link below for an example of PCmag reliability

RIM's BBX Is Just a Pipe Dream | PCWorld Business Center

Losers
    Just Me, metz9444 and mjs416 like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

The article has a point. Just look at all of the chatter and disappointment around here regarding the BBX announcement. RIM has made a lot of promises and hasn't delivered much. My BB, PB, and I anxiously await the future - just hope RIM doesn't make me wait too long.
    Thanked by:
    marksthespot60 (07-07-2013) 
    marksthespot60 likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,933 Global Posts

Nothing he wrote is incorrect.
    BB 950, BB 6280, BB 7290, BB 8800, BB 9000, BB 9800, BB 9810, Galaxy Note II
    PlayBook 64GB Google Nexus 10
    Galaxy Gear

BlackBerry user since 2001 . . . until 2013
    Thanked by:
    brucep1 (10-20-2011) 
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dentynefire View Post
    well something is wrong I'm kinda using BBX on the PB right now and its kinda nice
    Your actually not using BBX on your Playbook. 2.0 is not BBX it is Playbook OS.

OMG, if its not done tomorrow or better yet, later today, it's a FAIL!!11!!

Buy a phone, and suddenly people are qualified to run a huge corporation...
    They talk about me like a dog, talkin' about the clothes I wear
    But they don't realize they're the ones who's square.
    Just Me, JGuez, sf49ers and 2 others like this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,052 Global Posts
    PIN
    CH between your cheek and gum, gives you great tobacco flavor, without lighting up

I think this article is spot on.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    simpsonsguy316 likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by JasW View Post
    Nothing he wrote is incorrect.
    This is true. He wrote a crap article and didn't really talk much about BBX or what was even good/bad about it. Do you think he deserves to even get paid for writing it. I don't think so. What value was there in writing it? Does he just have to write so many articles per day or week and pukes the same thing out everyone else has for months?

Look over there RIM still doesn't have a QNX phone out lol all the while they don't have a functioning website
    Just Me and JGuez like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    601 Global Posts
    PIN
    To many of them

RIM should have demoed the BBX units they are testing back in Waterloo, if they even exist.

I don't know if BBX is just a pipe dream but there is nothing factually incorrect about the article. Especially when you consider RIM's track record.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    BBM is useless to me. Now I can't delete it!

This says it all.

"There are a lot of solid options out there, and if RIM takes too long there won't be any BlackBerry customers left to care. Time marches on, and businesses need to make decisions about which platform or platforms to embrace based on availability and real-world capabilities, not promises and pipe dreams"

RIM talks the talk but they aint walking the walk! Put up or shut up time for RIM.

Tim
    Verizon Z10 STL100-4 OS: v10.2.1.2141
    Playbook OS v2.1.0.1526
    J.C. BlackBerry, What's your game?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,786 Global Posts

I agree 100% with this article.

Global Posts
    6,998 Global Posts

I read the article. While the title of the article is over the top and not accurate, the content of the article is spot on. RIM has shown us an OS and a plan that looks great, but when will we see it come to fruition. RIM wants developers to abandon JDE and BBOS native programming now, and start working on BBX, but when will BBX be available on something other than the Playbook, and since they are calling the OS shown on the Playbook "Playbook OS 2.0", is it even running what will be BBX and if not will it run BBX when available? RIM provided a bunch new tools and showed off a bunch of games, but didn't tell anyone when there will be hardware other than the Playbook available to run it, or even when the Playbook will be able to run it officially.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,465 Global Posts
    PIN
    Proud contributer to The Human Fund

Quote Originally Posted by TheScionicMan View Post

I think anybody could do as good or better than the two currently running it..

But it's ok..you keep hanging onto RIM's promises and pipedreams. I'm sure one day they might deliver..although according to Jim: it's "Impossible. Impossible. This is quantifiable. It’s irrefutable. It’s impossible."
    Last edited by Rickroller; 10-19-2011 at 03:53 PM.
    "Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all." -Sam Ewing
    Rollin' on Twitter
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    302 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rickroller View Post
    I think anybody could do as good or better than the two currently running it..

But it's ok..you keep hanging onto RIM's promises and pipedreams. I'm sure one day they might deliver..although according to Jim: it's "Impossible. Impossible. This is quantifiable. Itís irrefutable. Itís impossible."
    HP haven't.
    Just Me likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Considering the fact that any time RIM has previously mentioned any kind of timeline and then never met them, it's not surprising that they wouldn't give a timeline for when BBX might make an appearance. Don't get me wrong, I like my BB, but I've hated the fact that hopes have been dashed every time they haven't met their timelines.
    Wretch 12 likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

It's not 1 but many "it's".

And it's not days. Not weeks. it's months that have gone buy without rim delivering and making good on their word.

Well.... obviously the two clueless fools running rim arent qualified either. Their stock has lost one fourth of its value in a few months and still in a free fall.... market cap is now below $12 billion.
    ============================

Please, God, for another day grant me
    the wisdom to know the difference.

============================
    CrackBerry Abuser

To be honest, he's got a point. We don't have a development phone available, we don't have a date for OS2 on the PlayBook. Until it's in the wild, he's well within his rights to consider it vapourware.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    PIN
    32FE4F87

Unhappy New Phones in testing

Quote Originally Posted by Darlaten View Post
    Part of what he said is true Rim should have showed the phones in testing running BBX if they have them.
    Jerry
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    56,010 Global Posts

Well.......... when there is no bbx phone out in Q1 2012 you all can have your b i t c h session. That's what I've heard they are coming out. We shall see then.
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    the 50K CrackBerry challenge
    I'm no more qualified to say so because I own a BlackBerry
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    PIN
    32FE4F87

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by kbz1960 View Post
    Well.......... when there is no bbx phone out in Q1 2012 you all can have your b i t c h session. That's what I've heard they are coming out. We shall see then.
    At one time they said they would have some phones running BBX at this development conference.
    Jerry
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    56,010 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jerry12 View Post
    At one time they said they would have some phones running BBX at this development conference.
    OK that's open season then. Save the speculation for when that time is here.
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    the 50K CrackBerry challenge
    I'm no more qualified to say so because I own a BlackBerry
    CrackBerry Abuser

best article ever! rim just loves to throw everyone in the dark and dont give any damn deadlines. thats why they suck. deadlines are important in business, but for them its either they just throw it out there cause they think its ready or let it drag...until some future time which they dont even know when it'll be ready. deadlines are a MUST

dont get me wrong ill be buying and supporting these ***** till the business is dissolved. but honestly these CEOs have to go. im pretty sure the stock will go uo 50% when they announce they are stepping down haha.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,349 Global Posts
    PIN
    @getdjmac

Everyone seems to know exactly what should be done during a time when a company departs its roots, leverages the entire company to plant the next generation OS. Remember what is being accomplished here. It will be accomplished and when done people will look back with astonishment that they did it! Yes it looks like a slow moving train wreck right now but whats it supposed to look like?
    What they need to do is sell BB7 and keep cash coming in, next develop BBX and get it right. They are doing just that.
    Sorry if it don't meet your or pcmag's timeline. That doesn't matter. When its "ready" people will come wether pcmag believes it or not!!
    ekv and batboris like this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    907 Global Posts

Unfortunately, the author of the article is bang-on. Seriously, it's time for the two knuckleheads in Canukistan to step down.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    oldtimeBBaddict likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    PIN
    P.M. me for a possible answer.

I hope you don't buy houses or cars with that theory.
    Are you really that bored to read my signature, or am I just that interesting to you?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast