Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kbz1960
    CrackBerry Master

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Patrick Spence takes Sonos job: passed over for COO at RIM

Patrick Spence resigned this week to take Sonos job

* Sonos audio equipment wireless controls music playback

* Being passed over for COO job helped push Spence out-source

By Alastair Sharp

TORONTO, May 24 (Reuters) - Patrick Spence, who resigned this week as global head of sales at struggling BlackBerry maker Research In Motion Ltd, has been hired as chief commercial officer at wireless home audio company Sonos Inc, several sources with knowledge of his plans said.

Sonos is a privately held consumer electronics company based in Santa Barbara, California, with offices also in France, Germany, the Netherlands, China and Malaysia.

Sonos was not immediately available to comment. RIM declined to comment beyond a statement issued on Wednesday that said Spence was taking on a leadership role in another industry.

RIM sales chief hired by audio company Sonos-sources | Reuters
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    69,818 Global Posts

Good luck to him.
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    the 50K CrackBerry challenge
    Posted from my phone or pc or tablet that are no better than anyone else's
    r0v3rT3N likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Could be a future of some cool wireless audio equipment that will blend well with BlackBerry
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,267 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B630F1E

Quote Originally Posted by darmarat View Post
    Could be a future of some cool wireless audio equipment that will blend well with BlackBerry
    People who are passed over are generally peeved at their former employers. Normally it's because they were promised something and then subsequently lied to to get what the company wants.

Don't expect any favourable quotes from him about RIM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    316 Global Posts

Well at least that solves the reason why he left, it was definitely for personal gain as I cannot believe Sonos has more esteem than RIM.
    Regards,

Moolah Mitch

Z10 STL100-3/10.1.0.2354
    Playbook 16G 2.1.0.1526
    Playbook 64G 2.1.0.1526

Typical career move,no big deal really. Happy for the guy for the opportunity to take a step up. 14 years is a good bit of time spend at one company, And there are only so many upward moves wiht a lot more people vying for them than there are opportunities. It happens.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Patrick was actually a really well regarded guy. I remember hearing about his rise to the top, and various folks I spoken to who work at RIM held him in very high regard.